The One - review

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Why are you even on this forum you obviously have a big hate on for PG and all you ever post is to argue or put down PG isn't there an audison forum for you to be right all the time on?
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

WalMart has Midol and Kotex on sale for anybody that needs it
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

gridracer wrote:Why are you even on this forum you obviously have a big hate on for PG and all you ever post is to argue or put down PG isn't there an audison forum for you to be right all the time on?
maybe because while you were still in diapers, I was playing with my new MS1000's ... My ties with PG go way back... I spent a lot of time with that company, and it is part of my family...

If you do not like what I have to say, go cry elsewhere...
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

and go ahead and rebut everything I have to say, do you think i am talking out of my ass? Unfortunately i am not, I am bringing up valid points, and it bothers me more than anyone would know, not to mention I have held back 90% of the info.... sooo... ************ * ********** ** **
James Shields

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

jbondox wrote:If you do not like what I have to say, go cry elsewhere...
It's this attitude that gets you shit, not your opinions. This is our forum and you have no right to tell anyone to get out just because they disagree with you. You would get a lot more respect if you could present your points without ending your argument in a personal attack. Clearly your history with PG goes deeper than most of ours, but that doesn't mean our opinions are automatically less valid than yours.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

I told him to cry elsewhere did I tell him to GTFO? If anyone was saying GTFO it was him questioning me being here... but you know what it is all good... I have learned to let go... so here you go, I am GTFO... not being a baby either about it, I have realized long ago PG will never be PG again, why waste the time and breath... if anyone needs some help with anything my email is in the sig, and if ya feel like talking crap, well it is behind my back as I am not coming back :)

later everyone, I have a ton of work to do anyways
James Shields

bruther

Post by bruther »

stipud wrote:
jbondox wrote:If you do not like what I have to say, go cry elsewhere...
It's this attitude that gets you shit, not your opinions. This is our forum and you have no right to tell anyone to get out just because they disagree with you. You would get a lot more respect if you could present your points without ending your argument in a personal attack. Clearly your history with PG goes deeper than most of ours, but that doesn't mean our opinions are automatically less valid than yours.

X2
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

jbondox wrote:later everyone, I have a ton of work to do anyways
"Fuck off I got work to do."

Sorry, all I could think of was Cyrus.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

jbondox wrote:
gridracer wrote:Why are you even on this forum you obviously have a big hate on for PG and all you ever post is to argue or put down PG isn't there an audison forum for you to be right all the time on?
maybe because while you were still in diapers, I was playing with my new MS1000's ... My ties with PG go way back... I spent a lot of time with that company, and it is part of my family...

If you do not like what I have to say, go cry elsewhere...

I was born in 72 if you're that much older than me you need to grow up and stop arguing with people on the internet. :roll:
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

So, speaking of "The One"...

Anyone have any clue what one of these is likely to cost?

I know its been said that its an off-the-shelf with at least one other amp (maybe two?) ... anyone know what they cost?

Since its going to be LE - I would imagine it would cost more than the others made by different companies, but that might give us a starting point?

Just a thought.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I would hope that the cost would be inline with the other ones or else they might as well forget about selling any. Who's gonna pay more for the same amp you can buy from another company? On that link to the other forum talking about it there is at least 3 other brands of the same amp.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

If PG only makes 250 of them or 100 or whatever, then I can see the price going up for the novelty that its a PG LE amp.

Either way, I hope to see one some day in use.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

james, not that you will probably read this now...no one is going to "talk shit" about you. i think everyone respects you and your work. but this is not a "for pro's by pros" type of forum. this is the type of forum where we all have lots to learn and try and maintain an attitude where people arent too intimidated to show their less then pro work. you make it very difficult for beginners to post with your direct approach. not saying that we should pat every idiot on the head and tell them they are good little boys. but there is definitely a happy medium. i wish you nothing but continued success and know the door is always open here anyway
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

NewOldStock wrote:So, speaking of "The One"...

I know its been said that its an off-the-shelf with at least one other amp (maybe two?) ... anyone know what they cost?

Since its going to be LE - I would imagine it would cost more than the others made by different companies, but that might give us a starting point?

Just a thought.
Uh, which one? The american bass one or the pg one, or who elses one?
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:
NewOldStock wrote:So, speaking of "The One"...

Just a thought.
Uh, which one? The american bass one or the pg one, or who elses one?
Deleted the first post I wrote - read it to myself and found that I shouldnt have said it, it wasnt needed.

Since its pretty well established no one knows what "The One" costs yet, maybe we can get a ballpark figure by looking at the cost of the amps that it shares boards with... no?
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

x2 what Bfowler said. Well put Brian.
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Bfowler wrote: but this is not a "for pro's by pros" type of forum. this is the type of forum where we all have lots to learn and try and maintain an attitude where people arent too intimidated to show their less then pro work.

But the smart guys need forums like this to show how smart they are to us amateurs, duh...hahaha
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Heres something to chew on, how is it that a company like Audison who has been around since the dawn of time, why are they still in the "niche" market for so long and they havent deviated from theyer build quality, and still have the "in home build house" and are revered as probably one of the top five SQ amp designers, oh I forgot Larry F is there, Larry probably jumped the PG ship when they started talking about the "masses" :roll:

This thread is really pissing me off because PG is supposed to make this big spash and all they are doing with this amp is cookie cutting it with 5 other brands, the reason why I got into car audio at the age of 15.5 was the shear awesomeness of the M series, all I had to do was grab an M50 and 2 really efficient subs and I had killer clean power and shit loads of SPL from one amp, why couldnt they have splashed the water with a 1000 watt class A/B amp instead of tickling the generic cookie cutter rap kiddies little testes? Oh wait they wont even buy the PG badged amp because the can get it for WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY less from a different company??

I cant bite my tongue anymore because.....no offense Morgan, but I feel that all the hype has led to a HUGE KICK IN MY PG BALLS :evil:

Im done for now, PLEASE MORGAN TELL ME OTHERWISE, all hope is lost at the moment!!

Im not jumping ship but Im with James on this one, it seems like a long road that just comes to another dissapointing end :evil:

If the Ti's and Xi's are copies of other amps, then we can start worrying about the future of PG. And this looks all too true!
Relax a bit. Ti and R amplifiers are ground up designs. In fact, the key engineer of your beloved M series just completed the AP measurements for the Ti series last week. ;)

Lots of reaction on "The One." Keep in mind, we have not finished the electrical or mechanical yet. Lots of folks jumping to conclusions (some correct, some completely wrong). Wait til you see the final product...

Response on product from dealers at CES was very, very positive. Take a deep breath, wait to you get a chance to see and play with the new stuff in person. I think you are going to like it!
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

MW3 wrote:Take a deep breath, wait to you get a chance to see and play with the new stuff in person. I think you are going to like it!
X2

Couldnt have said it better myself.

The list of things we do know for sure about the new gear is about enough to fill a thimble - how is it possible to "hate" (strongly dislike?) what you know so little about?

Looks are one thing, but we know nothing about how they actually sound or how well they function.

speaking of which - Morgan - any chances of getting one of the new Ti amps and 10" subs for testing in my wife's car? O:) we'll both do some end user reviews and give feedback to the phorum... :pray:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

In fact, the key engineer of your beloved M series just completed the AP measurements for the Ti series last week. Wink qoute

Morgan you now have my full attention 8)
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
"Team S.A.S"

About "The one"

Post by "Team S.A.S" »

I like the fact PG is finally makin something with that much power, only thing is-it had to be an limited edition!? you don't see other companies doing that with there SPL power houses. if i could get my hands on one of those-i'd deffinately use that to work the hell out of the wall subwoofers i got in my car.(only 8-12" :twisted: D.V.C.) & i don't care what anyone says, the Frank amp'n stein was one of the coolest amps i ever owned.
gridracer
RIP

Re: About "The one"

Post by gridracer »

[quote=""Team S.A.S""]I like the fact PG is finally makin something with that much power, only thing is-it had to be an limited edition!? you don't see other companies doing that with there SPL power houses. if i could get my hands on one of those-i'd deffinately use that to work the hell out of the wall subwoofers i got in my car.(only 8-12" :twisted: D.V.C.) & i don't care what anyone says, the Frank amp'n stein was one of the coolest amps i ever owned.[/quote]

Hey are you from saskatoon with the saskatoon air conditioning and stereo (S.A.S) name Or serious about sound as it later became known as.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.