New line on Facebook!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

I was able to spend a while at AAMP's CES booth and Morgan was nice enough to take the time out of his day to show me the new product line. I was unfortunately wearing a work shirt instead of one of the phorum tee's but I made sure Morgan knew we were represented at the show. I took a bunch of pictures and I could post them but the literature posted on Facebook is probably a more complete presentation of the Phoenix Gold line.

The speakers and subwoofers looked fairly familiar as you all have noticed. They could most accurately be described as updated versions of their RSD and RSDc counterparts. The deviations from those prior PG offerings were certainly most apparent on the subwoofers. The new "peaked" structure on the cones seems to be beneficial as far as added cone rigidity and I like the current looks of them as well. I hate to speculate or comment on the cosmetics because things tend to change by the time we see the final production versions, but I really liked the clean and simple way they were presented at the show. Maybe a color or finish change would be nice but other than that I hope that they don't make any changes or additions to the final product and keep it nice and subtle.

Unfortunately AAMP didn't have a demo vehicle so I wasn't able to get to listen to any of the new equipment. It makes me wonder how far along in the production process the amplifiers are but I was informed that product should start rolling out sometime in the spring. The R lineup seems to be a reworked version of the RSD with an all new look. If that's the case it should be a solid performer at a moderate price range. The pair of S series amps deliver very respectable output in a smaller footprint than PG has ever attempted. It's nice to see them address this trend in amps and come up with something competitive in what I view as a very important sub-category of amplifiers. The Ti amps definitely step up the performance and I'm told it does feature BJT outputs in a Triple-Darlington configuration. I'm really hoping that this line will really embody the "rebirth" that we all long for. That would only be fitting as I believe it's safe to say that great sounding amplifiers were the heart and soul of Phoenix Gold.

Hopefully AAMP can take what should be a solid initial product offering and fair value in the market place and be successful with it. That would certainly establish a solid foundation upon which they can continue to rebuild the Phoenix Gold brand and eventually see a return to glory. Morgan mentioned additional products in the works just as he has previously here, but I wasn't able to get any more dirt out of him. Maybe I'll have to go back tomorrow and twist his arm a bit!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Thanks for the report!
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

thxs for the report dedly
now you know the saying

pics or BAN
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Nice report.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

can someone help out those of us that are not facebook people :roll: ?

I too am disappointed that they post everything on FB rather then here where people wanted to see it. I think this is an overall good example of the direction amp is taking it, feed the masses(feed them like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them shit) :violin: .

11K watts?

Maybe some chrome flames would help :idiot:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I'm not "on" facebook either (no account), and I was able to see all the images.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

On Facebook, there are some wallpaper.
Can someone say me how to get the wallpaper in 1280x1024?

Wen you click on the picture, you get only a size of 604x453 :(

That is a bit to small for my 25" monitor :mrgreen:

Any link to a download of full size PG wallpapers?
Juice0723

Post by Juice0723 »

It has a link on facebook as well. On the side.

http://www.phoenixgold.com/wallpaper.php
Current Setup

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier 880PRS
Subs: 2 Phoenix Gold Rsdc 10"
Sub Amp: Jbl Gto1201.1ii & VR4000D
Front Stage: Ppi 356CS components
Rear stage: Phoenix Gold Rsd 5.25" components
Highs amp: Jbl Gto75.4ii & Phoenix Gold M44
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

Thanks, Juice0723.
I have them now :D

But I found other wallpapers here: http://phoenixphorum.com/phoenix-gold-w ... =wallpaper

I mean the Normal Phoenix and the Flaming Phoenix.
Where are they coming from?
They are only in 800x800.
Would it be possible to have them bigger?

Any idea?
dsblk93gt

Post by dsblk93gt »

I really liked my RSD components and coaxials, they were the best $$ EVER spent I think.