New TI speakers:

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The problem is that the typical sub duty class D cuts off harmonic frequencies that naturally play above 300Hz. A natural bass note will have not just the fundamental note, but several more "harmonics" at higher frequencies as well. Since the A/B amps play the harmonics, I find it blends better with the front stage.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

I like the new stuff. :hmm: nothing to put it in but I like it.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

Your doing it wrong......... What we need is a six-channel amplifier that uses only the finest audiophile components. The switching power supplies should be fully copper shielded and isolated from the audio circuits, not to mention the shields should be plated with gold to protect from corrosion (50 microns ought to do it. All output transistors should be "gain matched". All Mosfet Switchers should be "gain and beta matched". How about a discrete full complementary output design. The amplifier should also includes an independent 3 band parametric equalizer. Something like this would uphold phoenix gold's legendary reputation.

For specs, maybe Freq Resp of +/-.5dB from 20Hz to 50kHz, >110dB S/N ratio and Selectable 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB per octave crossover slopes.

Oh! and goofy gold plated thingies on top of the torroids!

/me ducks and hides.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

vladthebad wrote:Your doing it wrong......... What we need is a six-channel amplifier that uses only the finest audiophile components. The switching power supplies should be fully copper shielded and isolated from the audio circuits, not to mention the shields should be plated with gold to protect from corrosion (50 microns ought to do it. All output transistors should be "gain matched". All Mosfet Switchers should be "gain and beta matched". How about a discrete full complementary output design. The amplifier should also includes an independent 3 band parametric equalizer. Something like this would uphold phoenix gold's legendary reputation.

For specs, maybe Freq Resp of +/-.5dB from 20Hz to 50kHz, >110dB S/N ratio and Selectable 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB per octave crossover slopes.

Oh! and goofy gold plated thingies on top of the torroids!

/me ducks and hides.
Does it need to be 110% efficient also? ;)
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Nuclear "Cold" Fission might as well be added too, that way we won't need high output alternators either. :D
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

MW3 wrote:Does it need to be 110% efficient also? ;)
yes. and if you could also include a onboard wireless blowjob dispenser that would be good too. shit. i would buy two! maybe the lower lines could merely have "wired" blowjob dispensers
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Brian, I like your thinking!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

Bfowler wrote:
MW3 wrote:Does it need to be 110% efficient also? ;)
yes. and if you could also include a onboard wireless blowjob dispenser that would be good too. shit. i would buy two! maybe the lower lines could merely have "wired" blowjob dispensers

I'll take 2 please :lol:
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

Heh... phoenix gold would likely only make 1, post 3 pics, and set MSRP at 99 grand. (Oh wait.... they already did that once.... heh... yeah, I just reworded the MPH6300 description)
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Way to stir the pot!