2010 PG in for sale?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
bogart

Post by bogart »

no gang violence in portland....I don't know what parts of portland you've visited...it ain't all peaches and cream down here. Not as bad as it was in the 90's but the essay problems here are getting severe....

Meth is this towns biggest problem...
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i think that was the rockwood store....and that really is a bad area.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
sqcomp

Post by sqcomp »

If you guys in Portland are trying to keep away from Stereo King and Car Toys...

Take a trip up to the 'Couv. Go visit Jim and Justin up at Streamline Audio. It's a "small" brick and mortar shop (at least compared to Stereo King at Clackamas), they've got some good shop space and a nice little wood shop. They were both installers for Car Toys and Stereo King at one time. Jim also used to install for Rich Clapp at Sound Choice and Justin worked at Avincar downtown. They finally got enough to open thier own shop. They've been open since late 2008 as I remember. They've been close followers of PG for a long time. They even stuck with PG through the Rodin "incident". I know that they're excited about AAMP's takeover.

They've shown me nothing but love...Although I've known both of them for a long time now...

I'm just trying to get out of Iraq so I can come back home and finish my install! I'm hoing to jump ship from Image Dynamics Q amps to the PG Ti line of amps. We'll see what Morgan says about them.

I also think Justin has a white ZPA 0.5 in the back office. He offered it to me...I'm still on the ropes because I've got a bigger system that is finally going to be put in whenI get back that requires a lot more than just one ZPA. If anyone is interested, stop by and ask them about it.

3 days and a wakeup until I leave this dust hole...
Last edited by sqcomp on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

sqcomp wrote:I'm just trying to get out of Iraq so I can come back home..........3 days and a wakeup until I leave this dust hole...
Thank you Sir!! And an early welcome back home! Keep us posted on the install.
sqcomp

Post by sqcomp »

Oh no worries...

Especially if we can use PG amplifiers (and support the guys in Oregon) over ID's amps. No real offense meant to Cali...Portland is my home town.

If I can't get my hands on a Reactor before the end of April...we'll probably just do two 800.4s with a 1500.1 doing subwoofer duties.

Oh and AVIC...a big thank you to Texas. I don't think I've EVER met a more patriotic buch. I came through DFW for my R&R and everyone...I mean EVERYONE in the airport that saw us soldiers coming stopped and applauded...everyone. I had girls coming up to me actually hugging me, I even got a kiss from one. Almost made me want to move to Texas for the cowgirls!

Now...if we could get the crew at PG central in my hometown to pump out a couple special edition amplifiers like the old ones...perhaps a 600.4 and a 1500.1 under one sink...We could call it the American Alloy amp (since it is the Ti line...titanium and all). Maybe an 800.4 and a 2500.1 would be called the Master Alloy amplifier. Limited edition of 100 each lets say.

!MADNESS! :twisted:
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Before I think about where can I buy new PG stuff I want to know where is it made?
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

I've been over to streamline! they are a exile dealer too
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

bogart wrote:no gang violence in portland....I don't know what parts of portland you've visited...it ain't all peaches and cream down here. Not as bad as it was in the 90's but the essay problems here are getting severe....

Meth is this towns biggest problem...

I lived on Glisan St near the 205 for a number of years. I worked down around the burside bridge I had some co workers that lived on MLK and Killingsworth area (I was told to be the "hardside" of Portland I didnt see it), And I never said saying that the city had no gang violence.

Just compared to Seattle and other large metro area's its pretty small. Meth seems to be an issue everywere along with other lame drugs

You say the Essay population is growing thought Salem was lil Mexicano? What about the Ukrainian population I remember seen quite a few of them around.

I was born and raised in Oregon I have lived in pretty much every west coast from Medford to Portland major city Oregon has I know a little something :)

Anyway back on topic, Any Seattle shops going to stock these new Phoenix Gold products?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

why is mlk blvd always considered the bad side of town? Same here in indiana but I have never had any gang fears here.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

^...there is no way i can answer that without being marked a racist
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

ttocs wrote:why is mlk blvd always considered the bad side of town? Same here in indiana but I have never had any gang fears here.
Come visit Atlanta :rambo:
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

atlanta is the exception then? I am not trying to be racist, hope I didn't come across this way.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

ttocs wrote:atlanta is the exception then? I am not trying to be racist, hope I didn't come across this way.
Dude, I haven't read anything at all racist in this thread.

Where can I get NEW PG gear in in the ATL? :drool:
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

I live up in the 'couve... and I havent seen Streamline before, going to have to go see if I can find them.

I work over hear NBA car audio and have been there 3 times... 2 times they were "open" but locked up and no one was home. the last time I went I needed some 0ga power wire. they sold me 15ft of roughly 4ga with a quadruple-thick casing for $50.00... I would have laughed in the guys face but I needed it that day and they were my only option... Needless to say, I will never EVER be back.

As for Car Toys. I have been in there a few times over the last year or two and they just never have anything.

I went to 2 different stores to try and find ANY grille for a 10" sub - none to be found. Went to them first to find the 0ga wire mentioned above - none to be found. Sound deadener - they had Dynamat door kits - thats all... When I started asking the douche-nozzle in the slacks and tie where his install stuff was, he said "uh, in the shop where they do the installs... we dont SELL that stuff..." Walked away, never to return.

Havent been to Stereo King since the 90's... I am almost sad that Car Stereo City is gone... I have only stepped foot into Outrageous Audio once back in the 90's. seems like more places have disappeared than are left total. Even Magnolia is essentially gone, where I bought my first set of Diamond Hex's back in 1999/2000.

There used to be a couple places in Corvallis when I was going to school there, but last I looked they were all gone... Where I bought my first few sets of Polks back in the early/mid 90's

Come to think of it... the last decent audio shop I was in was Audio Integrations in Washougal WA. http://www.audiointegrations.net. he sold me all the PG wire for the install in my truck, was a hell of a nice guy and the install he was working on looked and sounded top-notch

wonder if he will be a dealer for the new PG line.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

ZTwenty8SSR wrote:Before I think about where can I buy new PG stuff I want to know where is it made?
If you are asking this question, you don't want to know the answer.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

NewOldStock wrote:When I started asking the douche-nozzle in the slacks and tie where his install stuff was, he said "uh, in the shop where they do the installs... we dont SELL that stuff..." Walked away, never to return.
i bet if you would asked about a new iphone he would have jumped into action though!

seriously, i think of them as a phone store and nothing else now. sad as they used to have pg gear
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

oldschoolfan wrote:
ZTwenty8SSR wrote:Before I think about where can I buy new PG stuff I want to know where is it made?
If you are asking this question, you don't want to know the answer.

AWWW you mean its not made in china lol.
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

Was the MSRP of the Ti amps mentioned anywhere?

Also whats the 4 ohm output of the 2 monoblock Ti amps?

Only the 2 ohm and 1 ohm are listed which is actually shocking considering PG wants to renew their standing in the market....and more importantly with those of use who've been around the block a few times.
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream