Cap replacement

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
rankhankyellow

Cap replacement

Post by rankhankyellow »

I am new to this forum but have been buying, collecting, using and selling P/G equipment since they came onto the market in the early 90`s, I own Frank Amp #007 w/ matching crossover.
The caps are not leaking at this point but its time to get it done before things go sideways, I currently live in Western Canada and if there is any one out my way that can suggest a good shop where I can get this done it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get a replacement plexiglass cover with a replacement decal copy but that's for another day.
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: Cap replacement

Post by kg1961 »

Welcome!
were are you? Im in Calgary,Alberta

here is some info on caps
http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20430

As for plexi it will need to be made :( pg ran out a long time ago as I use to own frank #36
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
rankhankyellow

Post by rankhankyellow »

thanks for the quick reply, I live near Kamloops, unfortunately I don't have the time to perform the cap swap myself, so I would prefer to send it to a quality shop to do this work, while I make money doing my business.
I kinda figured that the plexiglass was long gone from the system, I`m thinking that a decal shop could possibly scan the original Frank Amp decal and make a new one, but I`ve never really looked into that possibility.

I lived in Calgary when P/G was on top of the IASCA scene back in the early 90`s -there is a installer out my way named JT who used to work or owned a shop in the NE way back then -they were THE shop back then and had all the original hi end equip of the day.
any ways, if you hear of a good shop pass it on

kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

funny did the installer work at a b sound had a low rider truck with some franks in it? if so that was when I worked there but I was in the down town store

there is no one in Calgary good that is a fair price.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport