PG will have NO internet sales... piss-poor decision IMO

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Maybe Matt's kid got to his computer too.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

reallyxxxxxxloud wrote:
Jason84 wrote:FYI That wasnt me that posted that last comment. It was somebody else on my account at work.

Sorry about that...
wow GREAT COME BACK.....

But if we wanted come back I'd wipe it off your mothers face :hurr: :P
ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hey hey come on guys show a little restraint. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. No need to pick on a noob :)

Welcome to the Phorum by the way...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

stipud wrote:Hey hey come on guys show a little restraint. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. No need to pick on a noob :)

Welcome to the Phorum by the way...
Shut your mouth Tom :P
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

how come the newbs get special treatment? :?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

ttocs wrote:how come the newbs get special treatment? :?

shut up candy van!!!!!!!!!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

its a short trip now from erics to yours and I am stil pissed that the ups man outran me :evil: The dude had to be taking the truck on some weekend SCCA events, I though he was going to fall out the doors both the drivers and passenger side.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Will you two ever stop derailing threads :lol:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

:siren: :siren: :siren: shhhhhhhhhh I think thepolicerhere :hurr:

sorry thomas bird, I had to many Rockstars at work today :shaking2: :shaking2: :shaking2: tons of stock to put out for the big sale, had to move fast :mrgreen:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

Oh god thepolicerhere I think that name will not be forgotten... Image
PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1
ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4
AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
ECLPISE 10" X2 SW9102
PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES X2
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

u cant fix stupid...
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Jason84 wrote:FYI That wasnt me that posted that last comment. It was somebody else on my account at work.

Sorry about that...
Eh... it happens. at least your co workers didnt send your boss a resignation letter like they did to me.

:doh:
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

reallyxxxxxxloud wrote:Oh god thepolicerhere I think that name will not be forgotten... Image
good times...

Anyway... back to the topic at hand - PG and no internet sales

After hearing that they are going to take a look at some of our suggestions and maybe make a change to that policy, I have a certain amount of hope again.

not sure how a company can survive today without some sort of internet sales... and we all definitely want PG to survive.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
Jason84

Post by Jason84 »

NewOldStock wrote:

Sorry about that...
Eh... it happens. at least your co workers didnt send your boss a resignation letter like they did to me.

:doh:

Haha that actually was one of my boss's that made the post.....

I guess everybody has their own opinions.
scotch

Post by scotch »

So.... Reading Phoenix Golds internet sales policy, I believe it's the same thing it's always been.

You can only buy from an authorized dealer. However, Sonic electronix; Crutchfield etc. have always been authorized dealers.

Their talking about ebay and auction sites. You don't get a warranty. But you never did.

I can't see any way for them to operate with out doing business with 70% of the market.
denim

Post by denim »

If Lucky, at AAMP, would return my numerous emails and phone calls, this would not be an issue.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

denim wrote:If Lucky, at AAMP, would return my numerous emails and phone calls, this would not be an issue.

What is your store's name? I can pass the information onto Lucky for you.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

scotch wrote:So.... Reading Phoenix Golds internet sales policy, I believe it's the same thing it's always been.

You can only buy from an authorized dealer. However, Sonic electronix; Crutchfield etc. have always been authorized dealers.

Their talking about ebay and auction sites. You don't get a warranty. But you never did.

I can't see any way for them to operate with out doing business with 70% of the market.

I know that our Internet Sales policy doesn't speak directly to your question. Even though Crutchfield, Sonic Electronix, etc.. are AAMP dealers there will be no Authorized or un-Authorized internet dealers. At some point in time we might have online retailers but for now and for the immediate future there will be no sales through the internet or mail order etc... in any capacity. The policy listed online is only a few lines from the extensive policy that Phoenix Gold dealers have agreed to. If you have any other questions please feel free to post, email or PM me about them, I will try and answer them the best I can.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

AAMP217 wrote:
I know that our Internet Sales policy doesn't speak directly to your question. Even though Crutchfield, Sonic Electronix, etc.. are AAMP dealers there will be no Authorized or un-Authorized internet dealers. At some point in time we might have online retailers but for now and for the immediate future there will be no sales through the internet or mail order etc... in any capacity. The policy listed online is only a few lines from the extensive policy that Phoenix Gold dealers have agreed to. If you have any other questions please feel free to post, email or PM me about them, I will try and answer them the best I can.
Since we have you on the line (so to speak) - can you fill us in on why there will be no online sales? I have to imagine that you have seen the marketing and personal spending habit/trends over the last 5 years or so and you have to know that ignoring the online community is going to drive them to buy from someone who DOES sell online, like Cadence, Arc, JL Audio...

So with that in mind, there has to be some logical reason you all wouldnt want to sell authorized directly. It cant be a warranty type of issue, because your not forcing people to have their gear installed by your dealers and it couldnt be a cost/price protection issue if you had a price protection policy that was enforced... especially if you sold direct from PG.com.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Here's the queston of the day.........

How do we get Tom/Stipud set up as a dealer...? :hmm:

OR-
Can we as a group make a big buy direct?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

NewOldStock wrote:Since we have you on the line (so to speak) - can you fill us in on why there will be no online sales? I have to imagine that you have seen the marketing and personal spending habit/trends over the last 5 years or so and you have to know that ignoring the online community is going to drive them to buy from someone who DOES sell online, like Cadence, Arc, JL Audio...

So with that in mind, there has to be some logical reason you all wouldnt want to sell authorized directly. It cant be a warranty type of issue, because your not forcing people to have their gear installed by your dealers and it couldnt be a cost/price protection issue if you had a price protection policy that was enforced... especially if you sold direct from PG.com.
He has a point. PG has a large internet following... not to toot our own horn or anything :whistle: :whistle:. Of course we're just the tip of the iceberg! Think of how many foreigners are following PG, predominantly online! I mean just look at how many LE amps were shipped over to europe in the last few years on the forum :shock:. And one of the craziest collectors we know lives in Tahiti, of all places.

While car car audio of the 90's was mostly regionalized, I think it has made a big shift to an online community over the last decade. A community as big as this one could never exist in any one city. I still think it's very important to support your regional sales, but there must be some sort of suitable option in order to market more effectively to your internet community as well?? :hmm:
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

NewOldStock wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:
Since we have you on the line (so to speak) - can you fill us in on why there will be no online sales? I have to imagine that you have seen the marketing and personal spending habit/trends over the last 5 years or so and you have to know that ignoring the online community is going to drive them to buy from someone who DOES sell online, like Cadence, Arc, JL Audio...

I can answer both of those questions.

1. We are going to keep the price of Phoenix Gold at an even keel where there is no discrepancy between the MSRP and the actual price at a dealer. We want a message of consistency throughout the company and the line. With the brands you mentioned above if you call 3 different authorized dealers, visit 5 authorized dealer websites and call around to other stereo stores or websites that are not even listed as authorized and then the factory I think you will find pricing that is all over the map.

2. We will not sell from PhoenixGold.com because of competition with our retailers. All selling direct would cause is direct competition between us and the dealer that we have qualified and agreed to the terms and conditions of an authorized dealer.

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but it is the model we chose to follow. We will change and adapt as needed but for now a true dealer network with support from the factory is needed. Phoenix Gold is not a me too line and a me too approach would be inappropriate.

dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

AAMP217 wrote:
NewOldStock wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:

I can answer both of those questions.

1. We are going to keep the price of Phoenix Gold at an even keel where there is no discrepancy between the MSRP and the actual price at a dealer. We want a message of consistency throughout the company and the line. With the brands you mentioned above if you call 3 different authorized dealers, visit 5 authorized dealer websites and call around to other stereo stores or websites that are not even listed as authorized and then the factory I think you will find pricing that is all over the map.

2. We will not sell from PhoenixGold.com because of competition with our retailers. All selling direct would cause is direct competition between us and the dealer that we have qualified and agreed to the terms and conditions of an authorized dealer.

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but it is the model we chose to follow. We will change and adapt as needed but for now a true dealer network with support from the factory is needed. Phoenix Gold is not a me too line and a me too approach would be inappropriate.

what about having a link or option to contact pg direct? ill drive the 50 miles to get pg gear but what about people that are over 50miles or people that are in tahiti or rural locations? maybe setting up an option if you are too far from an authorized dealer you can contact pg direct, pg then can then see if they can find the nearest dealer and in the case that the dealer is too far then pg can offer direct buy. that way your not taking away customers from shops.
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
ez4menyou

Post by ez4menyou »

i guess that means no new pg stuff for me i will have to make do buying older stuff of of ebay and taking a chance with it
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

What kind of volume does AAMP plan on running for the PG amps?

... I would think selling through the internet is almost necessary to keep the sales volume at a viable level.
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise