Phoenix Gold MSRP Pricing

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

ZTwenty8SSR wrote:The prices are ok but I find the new amps are a lot on the dull looking side I was really hoping on a little more flash like the m and ms series.

Unless PG is keeping gold plated boards and all the ti amps can have plexi installed to show it a secret until release.

But I really do not think they are.
Flashy like the M and MS series? M series doesn't look flashy to me. MS, even less so (white extruded aluminum sinks), unless you turn them upside down and display the boards.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
buzzy54

Post by buzzy54 »

waynehead wrote:Yeah I like the new amps cosmetics, Im not super crazy about the dustcaps on the subs. The rsdc's were dead sexy. No bling, just staight to business. 8)
]
the dust caps keep the cone stiff so they won't distort the cone and pound you until you can say "NO MORE"
Ed
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

buzzy54 wrote:
waynehead wrote:Yeah I like the new amps cosmetics, Im not super crazy about the dustcaps on the subs. The rsdc's were dead sexy. No bling, just staight to business. 8)
]
the dust caps keep the cone stiff so they won't distort the cone and pound you until you can say "NO MORE"
Ed
Makes me wonder what a Ti sub would sound like compared to my RSD, since it's by far my favorite PG sub ever!
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

dwnrodeo wrote:
ZTwenty8SSR wrote:The prices are ok but I find the new amps are a lot on the dull looking side I was really hoping on a little more flash like the m and ms series.

Unless PG is keeping gold plated boards and all the ti amps can have plexi installed to show it a secret until release.

But I really do not think they are.
Flashy like the M and MS series? M series doesn't look flashy to me. MS, even less so (white extruded aluminum sinks), unless you turn them upside down and display the boards.
What was I thinking Big gold heatsink on white pretty dull just like all black
bruther

Post by bruther »

I'm just curious....Has anyone called around and found out what the retail pricing is for any of the new amps? If so, which amp and how much?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

bruther wrote:I'm just curious....Has anyone called around and found out what the retail pricing is for any of the new amps? If so, which amp and how much?
I would imagine if they would like to keep selling the product they wouldn't quote new PG product on the net or by any other medium. There are people checking everyday to make sure it doesn't show up (with pricing at least) on CL, Amazon, Ebay and our of the hands of distribution. Owners that have signed contract and break it then they are no longer will be a PG dealer, its only a matter of time.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

buzzy54 wrote:
]
Ed
Very interesting. I hope I get to hear one some day. Im about to go to the local JL dealer and try to get them on the ball with the new PG. Otherwisw I am in for a retarded drive. :doh:
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

waynehead wrote:
buzzy54 wrote:
]
Ed
Very interesting. I hope I get to hear one some day. Im about to go to the local JL dealer and try to get them on the ball with the new PG. Otherwisw I am in for a retarded drive. :doh:
Who is the customer? I think Xtreme Sound in Cincy and Columbus Car Audio are looking into it and something like that could push them over the edge. Let me know and I will make sure their salesman hammers them from our side.
bruther

Post by bruther »

AAMP217 wrote:
bruther wrote:I'm just curious....Has anyone called around and found out what the retail pricing is for any of the new amps? If so, which amp and how much?
I would imagine if they would like to keep selling the product they wouldn't quote new PG product on the net or by any other medium. There are people checking everyday to make sure it doesn't show up (with pricing at least) on CL, Amazon, Ebay and our of the hands of distribution. Owners that have signed contract and break it then they are no longer will be a PG dealer, its only a matter of time.

I can understand that. I am interested in purchasing a couple of the new ti amps and am wondering what I will actually pay....I know what MSRP is ....am I going to pay 200 above or below or at MSRP???? I'm like most people on here...I know what I want and do not really need an "expert" to sell it to me. It's tough, not getting a price online. I haven't been in a store to buy anything for quite some time.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

bruther wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:

I can understand that. I am interested in purchasing a couple of the new ti amps and am wondering what I will actually pay....I know what MSRP is ....am I going to pay 200 above or below or at MSRP???? I'm like most people on here...I know what I want and do not really need an "expert" to sell it to me. It's tough, not getting a price online. I haven't been in a store to buy anything for quite some time.
If you have an in with a dealer I have no idea what you're going to pay, that would be between you and them. If you walk-in to a store that is an authorized dealer why would you think you would pay over or under MSRP. Unless the owner of the business is a boob, you will pay MSRP or he might discount to MAP if you're buying enough from the dealer. That's about the best you can hope for. Honestly gentlemen I am trying to be completely transparent on the situation and it take a much larger dealer network before you see the policy change.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

can someone please tell him how to turn the urin yellow writting off?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

AAMP217 wrote:
waynehead wrote:
buzzy54 wrote:]
Ed
Who is the customer? I think Xtreme Sound in Cincy and Columbus Car Audio are looking into it and something like that could push them over the edge. Let me know and I will make sure their salesman hammers them from our side.
A/C Audio Video, formally Audio Crafters. They currently move memphis and JL and have been the only thing around here for a while. There used to be a PG dealer right here in town, and the person who ran it is a friend. Unfortunately he went under, it was a family ran business that did photography and car audio, It was a great shop, but digital cameras and PG on ebay screwed it all up. Anyway, AC is a decent shop, they are constantly building demo cars and doing some very innovative things with the resources they have. I would really love them to carry PG. You should give them a ring. If you need anymore info about them let me know.

Edit: I forgot to mention, they arent in Ohio, It is in Parkersburg Wv. About 10 miles from my house. It would be sweet.
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

What will the MSRP be in canada ?
todd217

Post by todd217 »

this is a long shot but can we get a list of MAP prices.
bruther

Post by bruther »

AAMP217 wrote:
bruther wrote:
AAMP217 wrote: I would imagine if they would like to keep selling the product they wouldn't quote new PG product on the net or by any other medium. There are people checking everyday to make sure it doesn't show up (with pricing at least) on CL, Amazon, Ebay and our of the hands of distribution. Owners that have signed contract and break it then they are no longer will be a PG dealer, its only a matter of time.

If you have an in with a dealer I have no idea what you're going to pay, that would be between you and them. If you walk-in to a store that is an authorized dealer why would you think you would pay over or under MSRP. Unless the owner of the business is a boob, you will pay MSRP or he might discount to MAP if you're buying enough from the dealer. That's about the best you can hope for. Honestly gentlemen I am trying to be completely transparent on the situation and it take a much larger dealer network before you see the policy change.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I can understand and appreciate PG's position on selling online. I just wish I had a better alternative. I will just deal with it.
Thanks
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
gbody805

Post by gbody805 »

bruther wrote:I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I can understand and appreciate PG's position on selling online. I just wish I had a better alternative. I will just deal with it.
Thanks
I hope one day PG will have a dealer here in MI.
With their policy I have no alternative.
I wanted to know if I find a dealer that carries other AAMP brands can I have them, will they be able to order PG gear without being a actual PG dealer?
Kenwood H/U
Elite 961
Elite 61
2X Xmax 15"
2X Ti elite 12D
2X Ti 600.2
Ti 1000.2
Ti 800.1
2X Ti1200.1
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

if you want to get it on discount then get a job at a shop. I had to quit installing due to my health a few years ago and hate to pay retail now but unless something special happens I do no see myself getting my more discounts.

I think it funny that msrp is nothing more then an acronym now that no one seems to understand that that is the price the company wants you to pay.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Hextall 27

Re: Dealer Locator

Post by Hextall 27 »

Somewhat of an old thread but I have to say something here!
bryceovataamp wrote: We're still finishing up hand selecting the dealers that will carry the new line. As soon as that initial process is complete, the dealer locator will be up and running.
I don't know who hand selected the Cincinnati/Dayton, Oh area dealers; Audio Advantage, but that person should probably be fired. These dealers are a damn joke. They DO NOT stock any TI amps except the 1500 which they sell for MORE than MSRP, their Colerain location has one of the worst demo rooms in existence. Seriously, I think I'll head up there tomorrow and snap some pics for you guys. No one will notice me because most of the employees are hanging out with their homies outside trying to sell wheels or smoking weed with customers. And no that is NOT an overstatement I have seen it personally.

The shop in Dayton is in nice shape but has no product to demo and usually has a 15 year old kid running back and forth between the showroom and the install bay trying relay questions and answers to who ever is in back. I'm guessing hand picked means the two guys who own these shops had the money up front to pay AAMP for dealer's rights. because they sure as hell are not up to the standard that the new PG should be setting.

And just to make it clear I am not a customer, I have no beef with this company and I am not a competitor of theirs. I am a fan of PG and hope to see it's products well represented by professionals though. I have already suggested Parts Express for the entire PG line not just the entry level in another thread.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Hextall 27 wrote:Somewhat of an old thread but I have to say something here!
bryceovataamp wrote: We're still finishing up hand selecting the dealers that will carry the new line. As soon as that initial process is complete, the dealer locator will be up and running.
I don't know who hand selected the Cincinnati/Dayton, Oh area dealers; Audio Advantage, but that person should probably be fired. These dealers are a damn joke. They DO NOT stock any TI amps except the 1500 which they sell for MORE than MSRP, their Colerain location has one of the worst demo rooms in existence. Seriously, I think I'll head up there tomorrow and snap some pics for you guys. No one will notice me because most of the employees are hanging out with their homies outside trying to sell wheels or smoking weed with customers. And no that is NOT an overstatement I have seen it personally.

The shop in Dayton is in nice shape but has no product to demo and usually has a 15 year old kid running back and forth between the showroom and the install bay trying relay questions and answers to who ever is in back. I'm guessing hand picked means the two guys who own these shops had the money up front to pay AAMP for dealer's rights. because they sure as hell are not up to the standard that the new PG should be setting.

And just to make it clear I am not a customer, I have no beef with this company and I am not a competitor of theirs. I am a fan of PG and hope to see it's products well represented by professionals though. I have already suggested Parts Express for the entire PG line not just the entry level in another thread.
Just to be transparent on why dealers are opened up I want to give you an insight to the process. In a place like CIncinnati/Dayton it is certainly big enough to support more than one dealer. So we offer the line to the prospective dealers that have the type of operation that would be consistant with how we need Phoenix Gold to be respresented. Since Audio Advantage had been an AAMP of America dealer across the board for over ten years they were offered the line first. Since they have picked it up (the line) I am sure we will look into another option in the area to make sure we have the coverage that we need. In the case of Audio Advantage we offered, they accepted. It does not always work that way.

In your comments you mention that you are not a customer of theirs and that you know of some of the inner workings of their business. Also in other threads you say you work for another company. Is there a chance they know you and know you work for another company and you got quoted the price that you did? I mean if they get caught selling under MSRP they will get the line stripped. I am not trying to cover up for them if they have bad business practices, they are not even my account, I just want to be able to look at the situation from both sides. If I have mssed something please fill me in.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Post some pic's............
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Quick update we are also involved with Xtreme Audio on Queen City and they could also be a possible dealer in your area.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ZTwenty8SSR wrote:What will the MSRP be in canada ?
so far N/A
so we will not be able to get the new pg and will have to buy other brands
:( :idiot: :whistle: not a great idea in my mind as I think we spend more money in canada on these toys heck our car are like 10k more than you in the USA

in the 90's I would think Canada sold more higher end pg than some area I remeberin calgary seeing about 10-20frank/sofas, 4 nickel ms a ton of reactors and alot of outlaw/routes. in the end of the 90's there was more zx amps than alot of other high end brands in calgary cars
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

kg1961 wrote:
ZTwenty8SSR wrote:What will the MSRP be in canada ?
so far N/A
so we will not be able to get the new pg and will have to buy other brands
:( :idiot: :whistle: not a great idea in my mind as I think we spend more money in canada on these toys heck our car are like 10k more than you in the USA

in the 90's I would think Canada sold more higher end pg than some area I remeberin calgary seeing about 10-20frank/sofas, 4 nickel ms a ton of reactors and alot of outlaw/routes. in the end of the 90's there was more zx amps than alot of other high end brands in calgary cars
Stryker wrote:Boom!!!
PG has landed at Visions electronic's in Calgary on Macloed trail. I suppose it's chain wide.
Entry level lineup of amps but it's a start I guess.
http://phoenixphorum.com/posting.php?mo ... e&p=171610
Hextall 27

Post by Hextall 27 »

AAMP217 wrote: In your comments you mention that you are not a customer of theirs and that you know of some of the inner workings of their business.
I don't know the inner workings, I just know the reputation they have and from what I have seen in person when I have visited their stores.
AAMP217 wrote: Also in other threads you say you work for another company. Is there a chance they know you and know you work for another company and you got quoted the price that you did? I mean if they get caught selling under MSRP they will get the line stripped.
My family owns a business called TRI, it is basically an umbrella for my father and uncle's business which is landscaping, my brother's business which is custom home theater construction and my side business of installing. That is why my little part is called the Audio Division. I do not consider myself a competitor of any shop really. I do not sell any product except for labor. I do source my install accessories from Parts Express and Cascade Audio. (I actually just sent in my application to Select Products so that I can use their products). I DO suggest product to customers such as Hybrid Audio and Zapco, but I recommend they buy direct from Scott Buwalda at HAT. The guys at AA don't know me. I cold called them to ask a price on the 800 and 2500 and he said he didn't have it in stock nor could he give me a price bc of a computer problem, he did quote a price 0f 799 for the 1500.
AAMP217 wrote: I am not trying to cover up for them if they have bad business practices, they are not even my account, I just want to be able to look at the situation from both sides. If I have missed something please fill me in.
I honestly have no beef with these guys except that as a PG fan from way back I'd like to see them in a more respectable business. Xtreme Audio is just as bad by the way. There are really only 1 or 2 good dealers in the Cincinnati/Dayton, OH area. Parts Express has a walk in show room in Dayton and they offer very good service but they are more aligned with DIYer's and people who are in the business like myself. So if the are classified as a distributor I understand why you don't want to use them as a dealer.