accessories?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dontlookatme

accessories?

Post by dontlookatme »

r we hoping to see any accessories like eq, caps, bass cubes, line drivers come out of the new pg stuff? be nice not having to hunt old products down and or having matching amps and accessories.
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Line drivers, bass cubes, electronic processors are things we are researching and developing right now.

Power wire, interconnects and etc are not in the short term future for PG.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

MW3 wrote:Line drivers, bass cubes, electronic processors are things we are researching and developing right now.
Good to hear we are going to be getting some new "old skool" goodies along with the new amps! Looks like I choose a good time to start looking for new gear :)
chevyx02

Post by chevyx02 »

I agree there, it does look to be a good time to be looking
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

dd5 and dd10's would sell.........
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:dd5 and dd10's would sell.........
x2
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

x3 same with bass cubes maybe some oem integration with built in line drivers, sorta of a all in one solution
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

dontlookatme wrote:x3 same with bass cubes maybe some oem integration with built in line drivers, sorta of a all in one solution
x-eleventy-billion :pray: , this would be a nice additon to the new TI line.
bryceovataamp

accessories

Post by bryceovataamp »

We're recommending Stinger wire, caps, etc. for use with the new Phoenix Gold products. In fact, if an authorized Phoenix Gold dealer installs the system using Stinger wire or wiring kits, your warranty is extended to 3 years. For more info, look on the Phoenix Gold site along the left side of any product page or http://www.phoenixgold.com/support.aspx.
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

NewOldStock wrote:
ttocs wrote:dd5 and dd10's would sell.........
x2
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

What about all of us members that have brand new phoenix gold wires would u honor the 3 year warranty if the whole car audio is wired in PG by an authorized dealer?
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

dontlookatme wrote:What about all of us members that have brand new phoenix gold wires would u honor the 3 year warranty if the whole car audio is wired in PG by an authorized dealer?

Good question as I have a box full of brand new PG wiring and accessories plus RCA's for my new install. It will be a complete PG install other than the heaunit and processors.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

AND not to stir up anything...but the current stinger line up is pretty sub par when compared with old pg accessories...or even the last black pg assessorie line up...
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bfowler wrote:AND not to stir up anything...but the current stinger line up is pretty sub par when compared with old pg accessories...or even the last black pg assessorie line up...
Really? You think so? I've always used Stinger wiring and have been more than happy with it. Compared it to PG stuff many times but the Stinger was a lot cheaper for me, for a visibly similar quality.
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

I guess ur not as die hard PG as I am..... Jk

I just like having full PG except head unit
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

stipud wrote:
Bfowler wrote:AND not to stir up anything...but the current stinger line up is pretty sub par when compared with old pg accessories...or even the last black pg assessorie line up...
Really? You think so? I've always used Stinger wiring and have been more than happy with it. Compared it to PG stuff many times but the Stinger was a lot cheaper for me, for a visibly similar quality.
i do. not so much the actual cable. but the gear like fuse holders, dblocks, battery terminals. they arent bad....but brands like kicker, rodin pg, and jl really make some exceptional pieces. if i was installing something as nice as the new ti amps, i wouldn't want the stinger gear next to it. not saying that to start anything, but thats just my opinion
buzzy54

Post by buzzy54 »

And why do you state that Stinger is sub-par?
It's full spec wire and the blocks, fuseholders, caps, rca cables, and batteries are indeed manufactured with better specs than most brands available?
Ed
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

buzzy54 wrote:
And why do you state that Stinger is sub-par?
It's full spec wire and the blocks, fuseholders, caps, rca cables, and batteries are indeed manufactured with better specs than most brands available?
Ed
the cable is really a mute point. its the same as everyone else is doing. what i'm focusing on is the rest of the set up

imo its the difference between a 200hp honda and a 200hp bmw to me. both have the same "specs"

for instance, jl's d blocks. ( http://www.shopatron.com/products/produ ... .48089.0.0?) they arent just to spec. they are NICE. they come with different set screws and grommets to accommodate any size wire securely. and they look cool as hell imo. they also are covered in a "rubbery" gripy coating that looks and feels classy. compare that to the stinger ( http://www.stingerelectronics.com/produ ... egoryID=13. ) yes its a bit lower price point . yes its to spec. but the clear plastic look hasnt changed since the mid 90's. the JL just screams high end to me. and if i'm already buying a pg amp, no doubt i want to compliment it with a high end looking/feeling accessory.

to take it a step further. the old PG zero point distribution blocks. yes they were $100 d blocks...but when you opened your trunk and some people saw those next to the ZX amps...jaws dropped Image

to sum up my position. the stinger accessories do not compliment the pg that aamp is coming out with . the pg has a high end look and feel where the stinger gear doesn't.

just my take on it.
Last edited by Bfowler on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

and again. i dont mean to put the stinger gear down. i just think it needs a face lift to complement the PG line up.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yep Stinger is definitely more generically styled. Having some stuff to match the new PG gear would be awesome as well!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Maybe AAMP could continue to use and promote their Stinger brand by launching a line of PG-matching accessories which bear resemblance in styling, fit and finish to the PG amps? It could be like the "high end" Stinger products or something. It would look good with the PG amps and it would diversify the Stinger brand a bit.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Maybe AAMP could continue to use and promote their Stinger brand by launching a line of PG-matching accessories which bear resemblance in styling, fit and finish to the PG amps? It could be like the "high end" Stinger products or something. It would look good with the PG amps and it would diversify the Stinger brand a bit.

I like this idea fuzz :thumbs: :thumbs:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
lv426

Post by lv426 »

If the quality was good, I would definitely buy Phoenix Gold branded power and speaker wire, plus distro's, etc...
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Maybe AAMP could continue to use and promote their Stinger brand by launching a line of PG-matching accessories which bear resemblance in styling, fit and finish to the PG amps? It could be like the "high end" Stinger products or something. It would look good with the PG amps and it would diversify the Stinger brand a bit.
I want to see just Phoenix Gold on accessories and be just the top of the line with its own design but if they must they could put on the packing Phoenix Gold by stinger.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have never understood that when they had the choice between keeping the stinger or PG line that they went stinger? :roll:

those blocks are great because they are the only piece of car audio accesories that have kept their value. Any other piece if I were to sell it I would expect to loose my ass on, but that stuff I know is solid enough to find people after them 10 yrs after they stopped making them.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.