Any chance for a 5 channel amp?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
vwguy3

Any chance for a 5 channel amp?

Post by vwguy3 »

Just wondering if there is a chance of the new PG coming out with a 5 channel amp? I really like the idea of only having one amp for an install. No need for dist. blocks and saves on space. Anyone else like that idea.

Thanks
Justind
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

always been a fan of multi-channel amps, though I do see why so few are made. usually its a size issue... though the old sapphire 1.5x wasnt a huge amp, but it wasnt very high powered either.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

I would be interested in one but there's not too many out there.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

Yeah your right there isn't that many out there, and yes they usually aren't as high powered as having more than one amp. I think that not everyone is looking for 1200W's going to a subwoofer.

Thanks
Justind
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Multi Channel Ti and R amps are under development. More news to come later.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

MW3 wrote:Multi Channel Ti and R amps are under development. More news to come later.

Crosses fingers for a remake of the 900.7 :pray:

uhmmm....with the 10x multipliers.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Multichannels in the works? It's PG Christmas! :santa: :rendeer:
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

dBincognito wrote: Crosses fingers for a remake of the 900.7 :pray:

Werent those amps kinda big? I dont have much experience with that line of amp, so my mental reference material isnt up to date, but I was kinda hoping for a small-ish (sapphire 1.5x) 5-channel amp.

Even a 2-amps under 1-hood kind of deal like the Roadster66, only small footprint.

the Roadster is physically the biggest amp I have ever owned
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

NewOldStock wrote:
dBincognito wrote: Crosses fingers for a remake of the 900.7 :pray:

Werent those amps kinda big? I dont have much experience with that line of amp, so my mental reference material isnt up to date, but I was kinda hoping for a small-ish (sapphire 1.5x) 5-channel amp.

Even a 2-amps under 1-hood kind of deal like the Roadster66, only small footprint.

the Roadster is physically the biggest amp I have ever owned
I like big amps. I'm hoping for a 900.7 and a Reactor remake.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I like big footprint amps also and the Roadster66 is also the biggest amp I have ever owned and also the 1st 5 channel amp I have ever owned. Not everybody has the room or wants to use the room required for big amps like that though,some people still want a small 5 channel amp yet still have room for the kids and all the crap you need to haul around with them.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

gridracer wrote:I like big footprint amps also and the Roadster66 is also the biggest amp I have ever owned and also the 1st 5 channel amp I have ever owned. Not everybody has the room or wants to use the room required for big amps like that though,some people still want a small 5 channel amp yet still have room for the kids and all the crap you need to haul around with them.
100% true on the Kids and all there crap!

Good to hear that there might be something in the works. Any hint as to what the power ratings might be??????????
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

No hints, I will post some sneak peeks when things get closer later this year...

We might even put on a x10 multiplier for Dbincognito!
Morgan West
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

gridracer wrote:I like big footprint amps also and the Roadster66 is also the biggest amp I have ever owned and also the 1st 5 channel amp I have ever owned.
You're doing better than me! My very first 5 channel was a Kicker IX405D! haha
-1998 Mazda 929 HC Series 1-
[b]Alpine[/b]- CDA-7998R/CHA-S634/
PXA-H700/MRV-1507 x 3/MRV-F407 x 3
[b]Phoenix Gold[/b]- Xmax 12 x 2/ZPM160 x 4
ZPM100 x 2/ZPT25 x 2/Bass CUBE/DD5
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

MW3 wrote:No hints, I will post some sneak peeks when things get closer later this year...

We might even put on a x10 multiplier for Dbincognito!

:hurr: :hurr: :hurr:

I'm not too far from the FL facility if you need it tested. :wink:
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I think an S-series 5/6 channel needs to be on the "to do list". Something along the lines of a JL XD 600/6. :)
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I'd like to see PGs version of the Memphis Belle. ~ 100 x 4 @ 4 ohms + 750 x 1 @ 4 ohms/1500 x 1 @ 2 ohms.

Something like that. That might be overkill to some, but more power, to cross reference what Eric stated in another thread, clean power weather it's more then what the speakers need or not. Headroom.

Hell, if the S1000.1 is doing what Eric stated, they could fit that amp in a small footprint along w/a 4 ch amp.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
todd217

Post by todd217 »

smgreen20 wrote:I'd like to see PGs version of the Memphis Belle. ~ 100 x 4 @ 4 ohms + 750 x 1 @ 4 ohms/1500 x 1 @ 2 ohms.

Something like that. That might be overkill to some, but more power, to cross reference what Eric stated in another thread, clean power weather it's more then what the speakers need or not. Headroom.

Hell, if the S1000.1 is doing what Eric stated, they could fit that amp in a small footprint along w/a 4 ch amp.

x2 but a/b not d on the sub channel
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Why go with A/B on the sub channel? Five channel amps are not really known to be "audiophile" items, instead they are convenience items. If you want A/B on a sub, you are going to have to go with a bigger size, and in that case you might as well just go with a big 2-channel, or A/B mono amp (like a Ti800.1 for example).

I would like to see a truly bizarre five channel. One with a single large power supply, and full range class D technology for the 4 high pass outputs, and standard class D on the sub channel. Build the power supply big enough to keep the sub channel fed at 1 ohm, and the 4 other channels can tag along for the ride. The amp would not be for the audiophile, but it would be very small, and that would allow for tons of installations in confined spaces. Besides, I doubt it would sound all that bad when you actually listen to it in a car.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

Eric D wrote:Why go with A/B on the sub channel? Five channel amps are not really known to be "audiophile" items, instead they are convenience items. If you want A/B on a sub, you are going to have to go with a bigger size, and in that case you might as well just go with a big 2-channel, or A/B mono amp (like a Ti800.1 for example).

I would like to see a truly bizarre five channel. One with a single large power supply, and full range class D technology for the 4 high pass outputs, and standard class D on the sub channel. Build the power supply big enough to keep the sub channel fed at 1 ohm, and the 4 other channels can tag along for the ride. The amp would not be for the audiophile, but it would be very small, and that would allow for tons of installations in confined spaces. Besides, I doubt it would sound all that bad when you actually listen to it in a car.
I'd have to say I agree with Eric
I wanna see a very small footprint 5 channel where the sub channel would be around 750 @1ohm and the other 4 channels have minimum 75 per channel
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Realistically, any sub channel greater than 500 watts should be class D. 700+ watts its a necessity.
Morgan West
todd217

Post by todd217 »

i say a/b because the class d amps i have tried i did not like. i know a/b will not happen. i would love to see them bring out your BOFAS as for size im not a fan of the small footprint amps.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

MW3 wrote: 700+ watts its a necessity.
I like the way you think Morgan.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

smgreen20 wrote:
MW3 wrote: 700+ watts its a necessity.
I like the way you think Morgan.
The most i've ever run to a sub is 400 watts! Kids these days :roll:
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

It's for the headroom and when I seldomly want to get crazy loud. It's 98% SQ for me anymore.

Install:
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Tom, 400W is typically plenty for a sub, but nothing beats running an amp with potentially far more power, but setting it for no clipping and listening to the cleanest bass you ever heard, which happens to still be loud.

Back with my old MS1000 setup, it took a ton of clean output voltage just to get my subs moving, considering I ran it so conservatively at 0db of overlap. My amp would have been rated for maybe 1200W in my situation, but there is no way I would ever have gotten that out of it.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...