PG Ti800.4 Amp Review

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
vwguy3

Post by vwguy3 »

stipud wrote:That really is a nice looking amp. It looks like it could be made to take a plexi bottom pretty easily!

My suggestions...
- 24dB/oct crossovers instead of 18
- Nicer looking clamp bars and a plexi option to go with it
- It looks like you could squeeze a bit more capacitance in there

The only thing that makes me hesitate buying one is the crossover slope (and the obvious fact that I already have quite the TiAL collection :lol: ).

The split power supplies are definitely awesome though, since that would facilitate mixed loads like mine a lot better.
So help me out here a little bit. When you say a mixed load, do you mean that you could bridge two of the channels for a sub, and the other two for the fronts? If that is a case I think I might like that because I am a one amp kind of guy! Or they could just build me a five channel amp. Which they said might be in the works! yeah

Thanks
Justin
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

vwguy3 wrote:So help me out here a little bit. When you say a mixed load, do you mean that you could bridge two of the channels for a sub, and the other two for the fronts? If that is a case I think I might like that because I am a one amp kind of guy! Or they could just build me a five channel amp. Which they said might be in the works! yeah

Thanks
Justin
Almost all 4 channel amps can do this, the difference is this one has a separate power supply for front/back, so the subwoofer section wouldn't draw power away from the fronts. You would get better sound quality and less risk of burning out your sub channels by unloading 4 channels worth of shared power supply into it.
Rose-Villian

Post by Rose-Villian »

I would like to purchase 2 or 3 of these for my truck, Can some one contact me please i have NO dealers in my state...
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Excellent review again Eric, thank you for your time. After reading these reviews, the s1000.1 included, I think the next time I need an amp for the daily driver, I will continue to buy the Phoenix Gold brand. Thanks again Eric, and Thanks to PG!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable