The One added to website....

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
doeboi_79

Re: The One added to website....

Post by doeboi_79 »

ttocs wrote:wut electrical upgrades are you doing to support it?
Well i haven't gotten an alt yet but i'm thinking a dc alt and my two kinetik bats. i'll be looking to keep the wattage above 14 but not any higher.
93 Chevy Astro , 300amp alt, 4 kinetik 2400's ,2 run's 0
Deck = Kenwood KDC-X493, w/remote. it work's
speakers = Alpine , 5 1/4 dash , 6x9's custom box between seats.
Amplifier = PHOENIX GOLDS THE ONE #35 , my precious (hehe)
The nail = Two, Audio Q HDC3 18"s
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

and this is going into the camry in your sig? I think it might need a little more then a big 3 upgrade...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
doeboi_79

Post by doeboi_79 »

ttocs wrote:and this is going into the camry in your sig? I think it might need a little more then a big 3 upgrade...

yup its going in my 93 camry. I'm planning on getting an alt and using the batt's i have. what would you suggest i do??
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

seriously?

I'm not sure your motor is strong enough to turn the alternators needed to power one. i'm not trying to sound like a jerk. thats a Mammoth amp and the amount of amps required to let that thing make its power is obscene.

the best analogy i have right now for your question is "i just bought a 8.2L top fuel drag racing motor. i want to put it in my miata. where should i start? again. i'm not trying to shatter your dreams or make you feel bad, but you have a hell of a project in front of you if you want to adequately run a ONE in your Camry
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I don't think anyone could run that at full volume all the time, so I think a battery bank is more important than having a million alternators. Maybe 4 or 5 batteries should do it.

But for all those batteries you will want at least 300 amps of alternator as well!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ok I am not the only one....
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

Reading the manual states 3 batteries alone for optimum power... 1 for each power input..
Especially to get the full 12,000wrms @1ohm..

Only gripe I saw was the power terminals, which may confuse if not careful... Don't know why it was done, but 1 of the power inputs is reversed.. Eg;

(earth/power) (earth/remote/power) (power/earth)
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

so three batteries and a stock alt will be ok then?

for 3 secs at 2/3 full volume maybe. Strange they do not have an alt requirement listed, or have alts available with it. Seems like it would be an easy sale for them.
doeboi_79

Post by doeboi_79 »

well after talking to a kinetik rep& letting him know what my goals were. He suggested at least one alt and 5 bats so guess i got some shopping to do... hoping 4 2400's in the trunk, on 1800 up front and an alt will be enuff.

But that has nothing to do with the car i'm using. Could be a, crx, astro van, ect.. Better to just say it takes power to make power ....

back on topic, i was wondering do these amps come with a remote bass knob? i can wire my sub to 2ohms or .5 ohms is this amp .5 ohm stable? if i run a battery bank in my trunk do i need 3 sets of 0gauge wire from the alt to the battery bank? or just from the battery bank to the amp?guess that last question was a lil off topic o well.

thanks for the info
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

doeboi_79 wrote:well after talking to a kinetik rep& letting him know what my goals were. He suggested at least one alt and 5 bats so guess i got some shopping to do... hoping 4 2400's in the trunk, on 1800 up front and an alt will be enuff.

But that has nothing to do with the car i'm using. Could be a, crx, astro van, ect.. Better to just say it takes power to make power ....

back on topic, i was wondering do these amps come with a remote bass knob? i can wire my sub to 2ohms or .5 ohms is this amp .5 ohm stable? if i run a battery bank in my trunk do i need 3 sets of 0gauge wire from the alt to the battery bank? or just from the battery bank to the amp?guess that last question was a lil off topic o well.

thanks for the info
I agree with it doesn't matter which car you have as long as you upgrade the alternator and batteries. If your car engine has trouble turning an alternator albeit a high current alternator, I think you have a serious problem.

I don't think The One is 0.5 ohm stable. It states it makes max power into 1 ohm and 8,000 watts into 2 ohms. And yes, 2-3 sets of 0 gauge from the alternator to the battery bank. Just looking at Knukonceptz website, their OFC (pure copper) 0 gauge can handle 375 amps at 20' of cable. Two cables would probably address your power needs, and three would be playing it safe. Same with the grounds.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

so that amp a big sub and 5 batteries, how big is the trailer going to be to pull all of this?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

0 gauge wire carries about 250 amps, so if your alternator is about that big I wouldn't bother with more, if the battery bank is in the trunk.
doeboi_79

Post by doeboi_79 »

ttocs wrote:so that amp a big sub and 5 batteries, how big is the trailer going to be to pull all of this?
It is a mid size car.. lol .. She sits really low already with just the sub and a arc audio 4000 se, and this amps light compared to "the one". Hope she still can drive when all is said and done.

any way thanks again for all the advice ev1, this is one cool forum...