the debate that stemed from the ti1500.1 review

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

randy8876 wrote:
twisted wrote:dood ok ive read this from you like..... :hmm: 29 times !
its all been the same recycled argument from you!

the aamp guys have been very nice and given you very good awnsers and you call them liars.
Wow, you need to read this column again.

They did not provide good answers. They provided dishonest answers, then I asked more, I got more dishonesty, and then they created a new topic and moved away. The answers given to not match the PG provided owners manuals.

Here is the good honest they could have given from the start
A valid response wrote: The Ti1500.1 amps are rated at 1%THD to be more inline with the CEA standards of testing. We don't follow the CEA standards precisely in order to achieve a higher factory wattage rating."
I wouldn't have said another word other than, thanks- I appreciate your honestly.
We do strive to please every customer every time they use our product. You are entitled to your opinion about AAMP of America employees that contribute to this forum. I am sorry you feel that we twist, manipulate and flat out lie in order to market our products. Transparency is one of our core values at AAMP of America and it has been for the past 22 years. The valid response that you feel fits in this situation would be impossible to release because we are transparent about every line of product we sell, from a Best Kits antenna adapter to an amplifiers distortion rating and we have done just that. The only way anyone will be able to experience this passion included in each one of our products would be to hold our product in their hands and test it (or use it as intended and enjoy the hell out of it for most people) in any manner they see fit. I believe that AAMP has done our best to tell everyone everything and I am truly sorry some people feel we still have a reason to lie, we really have nothing to hide.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

zak....for this guy it all boils down to its not JL audio so its crap is what it looks like to me!

it also seems to me the only reason he came here was to bash the efforts you and your team are trying to make to revive PG and pedal his PG gear to buy more JL products, so really he already had his mind made up before he got here and even if you offered him the moon it wouldnt make him happy.

i mean really look at his sig........says it all :roll:

keep up the good work AAMP :clap:
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

eulogious wrote:
twisted wrote:HELICOPTA HELICOPTA HELICOPTA Image

This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while :lol: Thanks for that dude!
:lol: :whistle:
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

I don't know what to say???i hope it works for aamp
Last edited by kg1961 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Randy,

The Audio Precision doesn't lie. Here are THD numbers for Ti800.4 and Ti1500.1 measured 6 months before this conversation even started.

Both measurements are at 4 ohm, I don't have 1 ohm measurement for Ti1500.1 handy but it increases to around .1 to .2% baseline just as we specify. Ti800.4 baseline THD is ultra low less than .005% when it reaches 1% THD power output is 125 watts, again we specify 110 watts.

THD changes based on load, frequency and power output. Ti800.4 is measured at 1kHz, Ti1500.1 at 100Hz. There can be small differences in THD/Power output based on these measuring factors but not huge.

I won't address your comments about us being liars, frankly its just a silly waste of time.

I will just provide the hard data that again proves the amps do exactly (and most times more) than what we say they do.

Last edited by MW3 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
jay00f4

Post by jay00f4 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
BigBrent

YAY

Post by BigBrent »

I 2nd that... :clap:

Thanks for clearing that up Morgan...

Brent
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Re: item

Post by twisted »

kg1961 wrote: i just wish someone on here would just try the amp and give a report. im not saying anyone from aamp but someone that will use it and kick the crap out of it to see how it works. it would be nice if they are replacing a ti amp or a tantrum 1200.1 so its a closer amp trade but we will see.
mike

i would love to kick the crap out of a Ti800.4, i think it would make a great amp to power my sub and front stage. unfortunatly its a bit outta my price range right now :(
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

well played morgan. While I do not believe everything a manf tells me I will not go as far as to call them a liar. There is no need for name calling now
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Of course....Morgan came back with the hard data to support the numbers.

Back to the OT, what I liked best about the review is that it shows there are numerous quantifiable factors that can be considered when making an assessment of an amp's performance. Many of these factors may in fact be more telling than THD, especially when that spec is presented without other types of distortion like intermodulation, etc.
randy8876

Post by randy8876 »

MW3 wrote:Randy,

The Audio Precision doesn't lie. Here are THD numbers for Ti800.4 and Ti1500.1 measured 6 months before this conversation even started.

Both measurements are at 4 ohm, I don't have 1 ohm measurement for Ti1500.1 handy but it increases to around .1 to .2% baseline just as we specify. Ti800.4 baseline THD is ultra low less than .005% when it reaches 1% THD power output is 125 watts, again we specify 110 watts.

THD changes based on load, frequency and power output. Ti800.4 is measured at 1kHz, Ti1500.1 at 100Hz. There can be small differences in THD/Power output based on these measuring factors but not huge.

I won't address your comments about us being liars, frankly its just a silly waste of time.

I will just provide the hard data that again proves the amps do exactly (and most times more) than what we say they do.
MW3 wrote:Randy,

Baseline THD for the Ti800.4 and Ti600.4 ranges from .002% to .005%. Ti2500.1 and Ti1500.1 are around .02% due to the class D design. I would be happy to post the audio precision measurements. In fact, the measurements were prepared by the same engineer who designed the M25.
Thanks for the graphs.
Now I see what you're saying is a "baseline" THD. At baseline the Ti800.4 would be about 80w per channel?

Now the Ti1500.1 looks like it can never achieve .02%. Where did you find that number? At it's best it looks like .05%, but you only get 100 watts. at 1% THD it's worth about 500 watts. Rated power is well in excess of 5% THD according to the graphs?

I still don't understand why the tests aren't done to exactly match the CEA standards. I know PG won't change this policy, since it would require redesigning or re-rating their amps. But I definitely preferred it when the amps would surpass standardized ratings.
icehole

Post by icehole »

Wow. Y'all are lucky Randolph only grated your eyes and ears with his ignorance on amplifiers.

Things Your Burglar Won't Tell You

His entrance is at post #38.
[url=http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f14/skywalker-trill-hunnit-213/]Skywalker Trill Hunnit[/url]
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

oh man....thats classy. the next couple posts were hilarious too
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
icehole

Post by icehole »

It gets REAL disgusting. Sorry to do it to you guys. Just had to be shared.
[url=http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f14/skywalker-trill-hunnit-213/]Skywalker Trill Hunnit[/url]
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

wierd, I missed that link icehole gave a while back and was lauging at the post. When I went to change from page 3-4 I noticed something different, I was now on page 2 and there was no longer a 3-4. I guess they edited it and took out all the bs while I was reading it, wonder why.......
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
southfloridaPGlover

Re: the debate that stemed from the ti1500.1 review

Post by southfloridaPGlover »

Randy,

Ti1500.1 is rated at 1250 watts at 1% THD at 14.4VDC. It did 1368 in the review. Amplifier exceeded its power rating at 1 ohm by nearly 10%.

If it was measured above 1% THD it would also exceed its power rating of 1500 watts.

M100 was rated at 500 watts at 1% THD 4 ohm bridged at 14.4VDC. They left the factory doing 550 watts, 10% more than it was rated for. Sound familiar?

We even rated the M100 at 1000 watts dynamically, check the manual. This is a major stretch yet I don't hear your complaints about this.

but u guys didn't call it a m1000
PG FOR LIFE
audiogood

Re: the debate that stemed from the ti1500.1 review

Post by audiogood »

I don,t c y pg can't do both .... have mid level line and an hi end line ... me my self I would love to see pg cross bread the x-mass subs wither the motor parts of the ti elite ... think about it ... an all carbon fiber cone with the liner abilitys of an ti elite.. make them in 8,10,12,15 the 8 "and 10" have 3" dvc and tbd 12" and 15" get 4" dvc ... next components .... carbon cone 6 1/2" mid woofer with an 3" kevlar midrange and an ribbon tweeters..... and the x-overs make them tri ampable..... oh and if u end up making something like that hook me up with an free set up for the idea ... if pg realy wants to get there title back ... then they should be building stuff just like this .. guys just like me will run stuff like this in comps .. and they would win to .. well that's my input thanks for letting me speak .. LOL - Chris Mears ..... aka audiogod.
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2