What Kind Of Stuff Would We Like To See With LE Amps ?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

What Kind Of Stuff Would We Like To See With LE Amps ?

Post by dBincognito »

As the title states, just wanted to open up a thread where we could discuss some of the things we might like to see in future LE amps.

I would like to see a 5 - 7 channel amplifier
with multipliers and lots of options, like running bandpass

A Pure Class A amp

A updated version of The Reactor, lower production numbers...like half of the original, possibly including a matching EQ :pray:

Those are some of the things I'm hoping for. How about everyone else, what are some of the things you guys been dreaming of ?
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

I agree and would like to see PG bring back the DD5 and DD10 as these are highly sought after and would love to have a new TIDD10.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Why not take the old PG and modernize it. Take what is highly recognized from PG and update it to todays standards, like the MS and ZP series. I wouldn't say copy it, but build something based off of those. "The one" is a good start, but something more practical for an everday listener. Or even an all in one amp, an amp that has all the gadgets and gizmos, crossovers, eq's, distribution, extra capacitance (not like power core crazy), multi channels.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Not to re-hash old shit but I liked how FRANK came with an external xover.... Now I'm not saying bring back the MS gear........

But I'm thinking that an LE amp would be worth buying for all the little doo-dads that go with it..... Give me a sexy 5 chn with 150x4 and 1-4ohm stable 1000w mono... Ax406 style xover with tons of configure options..... And some goodies......Fuse/ground blocks.......Batt terminals...... GOODIES............. [/quote]
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Marcotah

Post by Marcotah »

IMO a New Frank would be Perfect!
Anyway, all of those old PG LE amps were awesome.
Reactor was the uglyest, but still nice!
Under Construction:
Alpine INA-W910
Arc Audio PS8 (Optical Linked)
Amplifiers (Elites? PDX? HD's? Zapco?)
Focal KRX3 Running Active
2 Image Dynamics IDQ10v3
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I think they should build a DD10 into it....

First and foremost, I would like to be able to afford the amp with out financing it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

ttocs wrote:I think they should build a DD10 into it....

First and foremost, I would like to be able to afford the amp with out financing it.
x2 about the financing
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I think it would be cool to have a new design ms2250 with a fan shroud and plexi but not a reproduction.

A 5 - 7 channel would be nice it dose not need to be the most powerful amp you can buy just something that will run a complete system in a average size car sound really good and look really cool.

Or even just a ti amp in a different color something that is not all black.
tonym

Post by tonym »

dvnt88 wrote:I agree and would like to see PG bring back the DD5 and DD10 as these are highly sought after and would love to have a new TIDD10.
you would think these would be out by now....a dd5 or dd10 lasts like 2-4 mins for sale on this phorum....

they should also offer replacement parts for all the old stuff.

PG had a metal shop...not sure if everything was done inhouse for the cases though....

A Pure Class A amp would come with a A Pure Class A price....
Last edited by tonym on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I don't think you will find man people on here that would request the Ti look again. It looked cool, until they rusted....

We want all the bells and wistles. my favorit part of the octane was its all-in-one design. Would have been great to match it with a 4 channel but overall it is still a killer amp.
tonym

Post by tonym »

ttocs wrote:I don't think you will find man people on here that would request the Ti look again. It looked cool, until they rusted....

We want all the bells and wistles. my favorit part of the octane was its all-in-one design. Would have been great to match it with a 4 channel but overall it is still a killer amp.
yeah....seems most PG amps are/were prone to rust...unless you have aluminum.... it funny they didnt make more out of aluminum...its not that huge of a cost dif....
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

No company has ever made a "useful" pure Class A car audio amp. Ten watts by 2, or even 10 watts by 8 is not really all that useful to anyone. I for one really hope PG never builds a Class A car audio amp. Something with 200A of idle current draw does not appeal to most car audio people.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Eric D wrote:No company has ever made a "useful" pure Class A car audio amp. Ten watts by 2, or even 10 watts by 8 is not really all that useful to anyone. I for one really hope PG never builds a Class A car audio amp. Something with 200A of idle current draw does not appeal to most car audio people.
I think thats a safe bet.

Also I have a quick question about the older PG LE amps, does anyone have MSRP pricing on some them. I see some comments about wanting them to be inexpensive and I just do not see that happening unless they did it in the past thdn i might be wrong.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Maybe I am wrong but I would say that if my choice was a LE amp (say 2000$) or 2 separate amps (say1000$) with the same components as the LE for half the price the LE would be expensive. If the LE was 10% - 20% higher price (1100$ - 1200$) and looked better I would say the LE was a reasonable price.
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

isnt part of it being an LE amp making it in limited numbers which in turns drives the price up. Not to mention how special is a "limited edition" amp that costs $300? Not that special I would assume....I would see that as a cheap Boss (or whatever) piece of crap.
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

I would also agree with just getting a bunch of custom goodies with the amp. Custom eq, xover, terminals, fuseblocks, distros, that sort of thing. Stuff that just makes the amp that more special. Anybody can make an amp, and then only release a few and called it "Limited Edition", but what makes it stand out to me is all the added goodies. Hell, even like throwing in some swag, hats, shirts, key rings, makes it just "seem" that much more special to me, even if it might not be.

I also like the idea of an "octane" style amp. 2 amps, a cap, and a cube, that's a real good combo. Just hookup your wires and you got everything you need in a nice package.

The One is a fantastic amp, but even if I wanted to install it, I don't got nothing I could push 9000+ watts to, so to me it just seems useless, even if I could and wanted to afford it. But if you were to release a 5 or a 7 channel amp, it's a lot more versatile and useful to the "average" person :lol: Granted your "average" person isn't going to be buying an LE amp, but you get my point. A multi channel amp is not just for SPL numbers, like the One is.

Also, you can't just throw the One into your car and it will work. There has to be MASSIVE upgrades to your car just to power it, then you have to a wall of subs to utilize all that power! So that cost a lot more than if you had a multi channel amp. You could then just "throw" a multi channel amp into your setup and have a kickass LE amp in your car with very little upgrades needed.

Don't get me wrong, a LE amp is only meant for a limited number of people, hence the name, I am just saying a large multi channel amp will probably be on more peoples radar than a GINORMOUS 1 channel amp IMHO :D That and people might be willing to pay $5000 for a sweet mutli channel amp that comes with it's own custom goodies, where as they might not want to pay that much for the One for instance.

A LE amp will always carry a hefty price tag, that's kinda the point of a LE amp. When you add all the custom stuff along with the amp, it just makes it way easier to justify spending that much money IMHO.

I just love the fact the PG actually makes a LE amp with every new model line. That's just soo cool. I love it!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Guys,

This is great input.

Nearly all of the ideas for PG Limited Edition amplifiers have come from customer or dealer suggestions, so keep them coming!
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
tonym

Post by tonym »

MW3 wrote:Guys,

This is great input.

Nearly all of the ideas for PG Limited Edition amplifiers have come from customer or dealer suggestions, so keep them coming!
can you tip ur hat if you have plans for dd5 and dd10 comeback??
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

i would like to see a GSOFA maybe :mrgreen: and like previously mentioned with all the extras ext xover, terminal blocks, LE tshirt and the likes.
randy8876

Post by randy8876 »

jbob0124 wrote:Why not take the old PG and modernize it....
You mean like Chevy did to Camaro?

This technique has proven effective in the auto market and I was wondering if PG would do the same. I'm positive that a great LE of from 15-20 years ago could be made with higher quality items today, probably smaller and at the same cost. Use the same specs they had in the 90's, or rate them even higher. Ditch the 1% THD rating and get back to the standards they once had (at least for the LE amps).
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

randy8876 wrote:
jbob0124 wrote:Why not take the old PG and modernize it....
You mean like Chevy did to Camaro?

No, like Pontiac did to the GTO :drool:
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

I personally really like the idea of the LE amp coming with a matching EQ, or x-over. Also whatever items do come with the LE amps should have matching serial numbers.....I like that kind of stuff. No matter what it is I want it to come with a crate or a flight case.....if that raises the cost, so be it...it's a real plus to have a LE amp show up in case or a nice crate. Obviously the DD5 and/or DD10 would be fantastic items to have, having a DD5/DD10 that came with a LE amp....matching finishes and all, that would be oh so sweet. I also would like to see the LE amps come with shirts, designing and printing 200 shirts doesn't cost a whole lot.
todd217

Post by todd217 »

AAMP217 wrote:
Eric D wrote:No company has ever made a "useful" pure Class A car audio amp. Ten watts by 2, or even 10 watts by 8 is not really all that useful to anyone. I for one really hope PG never builds a Class A car audio amp. Something with 200A of idle current draw does not appeal to most car audio people.
I think thats a safe bet.

Also I have a quick question about the older PG LE amps, does anyone have MSRP pricing on some them. I see some comments about wanting them to be inexpensive and I just do not see that happening unless they did it in the past thdn i might be wrong.
there are some prices in here http://phoenixphorum.com/pg-catalogs-an ... +catalogue
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if you do remake the DD line then slap onna those bitches in there!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

PG already did redo the MS series... the Tenth Anniversaries! I don't know for a fact but word of mouth says the TAs didn't sell that great and all the old school guys still crave the originals and don't hold the same passion for the TAs, despite being a more reliable amplifier.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner