DD5 - DD10 Suggestions Needed!!!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

dBincognito wrote:My biggest problem with the distro idea is I don't want my DD and my distro in the same place. My distro I want right next to my amps, within 8 inches where I can. My DD I would want to install up front or under a seat or something to that effect, I don't want to worry about cramming it where I got amps, RCA's, wires....etc..and if it doesn't have compression fittings I wouldn't use it for disro at all.
When I think of the accesories that I run off of my dd5, there are just as many in back by the amp as there are upfront. How hard is it to run 3 twisted wires to the front of the car to power the 2-3 accesoreis up there we run?

The modular idea is an interesting one though, it would be a cool add-on piece if it was done right.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Marcotah

Post by Marcotah »

Does RMD kit still avaliable?
IMO, a port to RMD or that diagnosis kit should be better than a display on the top of the DD. Looks like most of us agreed with Distro/DD idea, and probably, if Morgan tell us if its possible to make W/O being too big, or too expensive, It will make greeks and trojans satisfied.
Size matters? Maybe, some cases like dBincognito, but if it come back on the same old size, I guess being a Distro + DD still better then just DD. He (or the consumers that has the same issues) can just have the option Of runnig wires from It anywhere in vehicle (of course, this is not the best optian, but when you have no option...), or don't use the distro on the DD and add another distro, or just run more than 1 cable from the batt...

Now, as we are making a kind of "brainstorm" of ideas, what about adding another positive plug for a Stinger Cap? This one should help with a Voltage display for those who asked it...

jbob0124, can you draw a image of the top, based on Ti amps? With that "stripe" where is located diagnosis display on the amp, but near the connectors? Just to have an Idea...and if it don't gice you too much work.
I'll wait for some Morgan's feedbacks...
Under Construction:
Alpine INA-W910
Arc Audio PS8 (Optical Linked)
Amplifiers (Elites? PDX? HD's? Zapco?)
Focal KRX3 Running Active
2 Image Dynamics IDQ10v3
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Marcotah wrote:jbob0124, can you draw a image of the top, based on Ti amps? With that "stripe" where is located diagnosis display on the amp, but near the connectors? Just to have an Idea...and if it don't gice you too much work.
I'll wait for some Morgan's feedbacks...
I can probably do something tomorrow night for it.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I added a voltmeter to the of my dd5 already so I can see what it is getting. Wasn't hard and looks pretty good in my opinion,
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

I'd suggest at least adding an RMD jack to the DD5/10 as this is something i'd like with my current DD5.. to actually plug the rmd in instead of running it off the power/earth outputs
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
rscecil007

Post by rscecil007 »

I'd just suggest if you start making these again, you also make the tri-wire for accessories that PG used to make. That stuff was awesome.

Seeing as how I am currently looking for a DD5/DD10, I'd def be interested in one. But size is an issue, or at least concern for me too. I'm pretty limited where I can install one.

The combo distro/DD is a good idea and I like it, but won't work for everyone. With my truck for instance, my combo distro is going under my center console (thanks for the idea ttocs), since my amps are under both seats. That's the closest place to install it.

But the DD5/10 (if I can ever fine one) will be mounted way in the back away from everything, b/c that's the only place I have to put it.

So I kinda like Fuzzy's idea of having several DD version for various applications.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it is a great place for the dist block thanks for the compliment, but man it made it a pain in the ass to chnge my heater core this year. Looks cool but anytime I have to think about removing it i would rather chew my own arm off. Hope that core lasts 10+ yrs

Really how hard would it be to make a modular dis block that would hook up? only 3 connections that could be done with set screws and power reducers...
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

My $.02.

The DD5/DD10 is great the way it is now so don't deviate far from it. 5 or 6 outputs, and 4 amp delays. 8 or 4 gauge inputs (seriously 0ga? Add up the values of the fuses and tell me 0ga is necessary.) Keep the design as compact as possible, add RMD port, and find a way to fix the cover to the base of the unit so that it can be readily removed but you don't have to worry about it falling off when you hit a pothole (Michigan roads suck). Match the design to the Ti amps, including Tri-LED and keep the plexi window. As for adding distro blocks, keep them modular so you have the option of joining them if wanted. I would personally keep them separated for space issues, but that's just my opinion.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I agree that everytime i have had to use it i have needed a shoe horn, but to pimp it out the dist block lit up with leds would look cool as shit I think.

I would think amp has the resources.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

My overall idea is to use the smallest footprint and get the most out of it.

Using ATM mini fuses cuts down the needed space considerably so it could be kept to a 7x5x2.5 inch footprint

Power distrobution and DD5 together would centralize things IMO.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
tonym

Post by tonym »

ttocs wrote:it is a great place for the dist block thanks for the compliment, but man it made it a pain in the ass to chnge my heater core this year. Looks cool but anytime I have to think about removing it i would rather chew my own arm off. Hope that core lasts 10+ yrs

Really how hard would it be to make a modular dis block that would hook up? only 3 connections that could be done with set screws and power reducers...
Flush the fluids every 50k and never NEVER use bars leaks
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Here is another one for you. Just a cosmetic update from the dd-10. The 2 gray area's could be plexi.

Marcotah

Post by Marcotah »

Nice jBob, I thought something like this, but with the "TiDD10" stripe under the plexi, with the dignosis spots and leds "under" this stripe...
Under Construction:
Alpine INA-W910
Arc Audio PS8 (Optical Linked)
Amplifiers (Elites? PDX? HD's? Zapco?)
Focal KRX3 Running Active
2 Image Dynamics IDQ10v3
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

tonym wrote:
ttocs wrote:it is a great place for the dist block thanks for the compliment, but man it made it a pain in the ass to chnge my heater core this year. Looks cool but anytime I have to think about removing it i would rather chew my own arm off. Hope that core lasts 10+ yrs

Flush the fluids every 50k and never NEVER use bars leaks
bars leak?

I think the real problem is that mom didn't care what was in it or for how long(she was the first owner for 12 yrs). I learned the hard way why they recomend purified or DI water added to the coolant rather then tap as when I went to remove the lower intake from the head the bolt snapped. It ran through the head into oe of the coolant passages below and had rusted from teh bottom up and no way in hell it was comming out. With the newly rebuilt motor that will never ever happen again...
pgcivic

Post by pgcivic »

I like the idea of easier access to the fuses through some sort of cover.
Also liked the idea of the volt display and rddp.

Size wise is a huge factor as everyone else has mentioned and the efficiency of the space used inside of the housing.

Thanks.
Grim0013

Post by Grim0013 »

DD-62, DD-66

Standard power inputs, 6 R out, 2 or 6 (B+ B- R) for processors. I would like to see voltage displayed and have a status LED (green) on each of the 8 or 12 R outputs, wired in so they turn on only if there is a device successfully drawing current.

I would like to see delay adjustment, both on and off, for everything, rather than only on for the amps and only off for the processors. One set for the bank of R outputs, and separate ones for each pair of 'device' outputs (delay applied to the R terminal only, of course), so that the user (on the DD-66) would be able to have devices power up/down is a specific order if need be.

Example:
Amps: 5 sec on, 0 sec off
Devices 1 & 2: 2 sec on, 3 sec off
Devices 3 & 4: 0 sec on, 5 sec off
Devices 5 & 6: 1 sec on, 1 sec off
ON: Devices 3 & 4, Devices 5 & 6, Devices 1 & 2, Amps
OFF: Amps, Devices 5 & 6, Devices 1 & 2, Devices 3 & 4

As for looks, It would be OK if it matched current PG amps, but I would also suggest doing it in such a way as to not have them look out of place when installed with different amps. As in, I'd love a white one to go with my MS amps.

Input (Both):
B+
B-
R

Output (DD-62):
6 x R
2 x B+
2 x B-
2 x R

Adjustments (DD-62):
2 x Delay On
2 x Delay Off

Display (DD-62):
8 x LED
Volts
Tri-LED status lights

Output (DD-66):
6 x R
6 x B+
6 x B-
6 x R

Adjustments (DD-66):
4 x Delay On
4 x Delay Off

Display (DD-66):
12 x LED
Volts
Tri-LED status lights

Here's a quick idea of what I'm thinking of for layout for the DD-62. Obviously the DD-66 would just be another 2 pair of processor outputs and delay adjustments. Volts display may look better in upper right corner, not sure...

Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
akwizeguy

Post by akwizeguy »

good lord i love Phoenix Gold
-2014 Honda CRV LX
//PG zx475ti// PG zx600ti// JL Audio 12W7// Hybrid Audio Imagine I61-V2
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

akwizeguy wrote:good lord i love Phoenix Gold
morgan, you have so much to work with here. Congratulations and lucky us :clap: :clap: :clap:
Could you comment if the designs are finalized or whether input from the phorum is still being considered by your engineers and designers?
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

almost everyone here need or want one of the older ones the prices they sell at are 150-250
so retail could be or should be 50 more than that but they can't be that much to make
just my thoughts but i see this all the time and pg will not sell them over 300 new
best of luck
keep it smple stu---
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
tonym

Post by tonym »

if it aint broke......dont redesign it...

go with the plans you have already(the ready to go ones)

just 1 change please...make all them aluminum....
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

I still love the idea of a DD5 with distribution block (or DD10, but for my use DD5 would be enough)

Maybe a copy of the original in aluminium, and another one with a distro in it...
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Ok call me an idiot but what dose this thing do other that cost a lot of money lol
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

They allow you to hook up accessories and processor cleanly. Let's say you have a closed rack for your amp, with 2 fan, you could hook up thoses 2 fans on the DD5/DD10 and have a clean looking install! Or if you're all about colors you could hook up some neon with this, or maybe a rear view camera, anything 12V that don't require alot of power can be hooked up there...
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

there are also leds that make it easy to diagnose at a look if a fuse is bad.

If you don't know by now, then you will probably not need it later.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Ya I do not need that.
I was into car audio before that thing was produced now I'm getting back in after it's production has stopped.
If they make a new one I'll check it out.