Small Market Dealers - NEED YOUR INPUT (US ONLY)

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
AAMP217

Small Market Dealers - NEED YOUR INPUT (US ONLY)

Post by AAMP217 »

Here we go guys. I was hoping to do a little information on the guys that do not live in the major metropolitan areas of the countries. Can you guys please give some information on who your local car audio shop is that used to/or that you would like to see carry Phoenix Gold now or in the future. We already know the targets in the major cities like Portland, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Oakland/SF Bay, Chicago, New York, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc...

Who are the guy that you like dealing with in small towns and smaller cities? I want to know who is local and not the place you drive and hour to (unless that is the closest shop to you). Here is an example of what information I am looking for:

# | Shop Name | City | State | Old PG Dealer
1. Oscar's Soundwaves, McAllen, TX, YES
2. ABC Car Audio, Pottsville, PA, YES
3. etc...

This would be a big help to the guys that live in more remote parts of the country to get PG near them. Thanks in advance guys.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

hear no evil | Salem | OR | yes
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

good idea! Dr dashboard is about the only respectably dealer in Evansville Indiana since my old store Kings closed down its car audio area. You mentioned his name already
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Bfowler wrote:hear no evil | Salem | OR | yes
Salem Sound Center is the current Phoenix Gold dealer
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

AAMP217 wrote:
Bfowler wrote:hear no evil | Salem | OR | yes
Salem Sound Center is the current Phoenix Gold dealer
Ah, i'm gonna check em out
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

A/C Audio Video, Parkersburg, WV, Fuckin A
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

waynehead wrote:A/C Audio Video, Parkersburg, WV, Fuckin A
I think we chatted about them sometime ago, did you ever stop by the shop? How'd it look? Also were they a previous PG dealer?
tonym

Re: Small Market Dealers - NEED YOUR INPUT (US ONLY)

Post by tonym »

AAMP217 wrote:Here we go guys. I was hoping to do a little information on the guys that do not live in the major metropolitan areas of the countries. Can you guys please give some information on who your local car audio shop is that used to/or that you would like to see carry Phoenix Gold now or in the future. We already know the targets in the major cities like Portland, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Oakland/SF Bay, Chicago, New York, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc...

Who are the guy that you like dealing with in small towns and smaller cities? I want to know who is local and not the place you drive and hour to (unless that is the closest shop to you). Here is an example of what information I am looking for:

3. etc...

This would be a big help to the guys that live in more remote parts of the country to get PG near them. Thanks in advance guys.
you missed the #1 PG spot back in the day....DC metro :P

Sound Solutions
14508 Lee Road, Chantilly, VA 20151-1604
(703) 631-4104‎
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

tonym wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:Here we go guys. I was hoping to do a little information on the guys that do not live in the major metropolitan areas of the countries. Can you guys please give some information on who your local car audio shop is that used to/or that you would like to see carry Phoenix Gold now or in the future. We already know the targets in the major cities like Portland, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Oakland/SF Bay, Chicago, New York, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc...

3. etc...

Sound Solutions
(703) 631-4104‎
Were they a previous PG dealer? More than likely Safe & Sound in Manassas will be the local PG dealer, but no one in DC has picked it up yet. There are 3 or 4 targets but no one with stock yet.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

I have talked with morgan about these guys. They are a stinger dealer now, and are on the fence about the new PG. I stopped in and tried to convince them a couple months ago, but haven't been back since. I would follow up with them...

Audio Northwest | Lacey | WA | No

Since they already carry stinger, they need to carry PG!!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

whats funny is that i live in brattleboro vermont- and from what i recall (zak) told me that the guys over in Keene will have or do have PG stock.

They are only 20 minutes away- BUT i am not so sure you can get smaller than brattleboro Vermont- granted they are in Keene, but Keene is big college town. Surprised no on up in Burlington has or is lined up with you guys yet.

seems funny that i would have someone like this in such a small community close to me, but where others in like Austin or Dallas dont. I mean that was how it was 9 months ago- i am sure that has changed since then...but point taken i hope
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

eulogious wrote:I have talked with morgan about these guys. They are a stinger dealer now, and are on the fence about the new PG. I stopped in and tried to convince them a couple months ago, but haven't been back since. I would follow up with them...

Audio Northwest | Lacey | WA | No

Since they already carry stinger, they need to carry PG!!
Thanks for the input, I will pass this onto their salesman and anytime you stop in there make sure to mention PG (unless you breakdown and buy another brand).
bruther

Post by bruther »

AAMP217 wrote:
tonym wrote:

3. etc...

Sound Solutions
(703) 631-4104‎
Were they a previous PG dealer? More than likely Safe & Sound in Manassas will be the local PG dealer, but no one in DC has picked it up yet. There are 3 or 4 targets but no one with stock yet.

Most of the shops in DC are hack shops.....haven't found a reputable shop in the 7 years that I've been here. Is Safe and Sound a dealer now?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Great information everyone, keep it coming!!
walker01s10

Post by walker01s10 »

In Dallas about the only non hack shop left is Earmark Car Audio. They were the #1 PG dealer in Dallas for years even after Car Toys started selling PG. Earmarks Quality work kept them at the top.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

bruther wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:
tonym wrote: you missed the #1 PG spot back in the day....DC metro :P

Sound Solutions
(703) 631-4104‎

Most of the shops in DC are hack shops.....haven't found a reputable shop in the 7 years that I've been here. Is Safe and Sound a dealer now?
Safe & Sound sells everything else AAMP and has for many years and is interested in Phoenix Gold but has loyalty to most of the brands out there on the internet. He is trying to make room for us but we honestly don't know how long that will take. Also Car Trendz in Alexandria is another place that has been buying AAMP for as long as I have been in the business but doesn't ahve the room for PG. Most of the time I can't imagine that consumers are asking for brands like Powerbass, RE Audio, Arc, etc... so even 1 person that asks about a brand that a dealer knows about but doesn't have it has more impace than you think.
Last edited by AAMP217 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

walker01s10 wrote:In Dallas about the only non hack shop left is Earmark Car Audio. They were the #1 PG dealer in Dallas for years even after Car Toys started selling PG. Earmarks Quality work kept them at the top.
Earmark does good work but the last time I was in their showroom thwey had a IASCA vehilce from like 20 years ago (no exaggeration). We opened up a brand new shop in McKinney, 2 guys that left another custom shop to open up on their own and have a hell of a portfolio to go with it. They won''t be our only delaer in the DFW area, but they are solid and strong PG supporters. The problem with a place like Earmark is they are so big into JL and Rockford that PG would get lost in the shuffle. So if you want to see some of the new PG products on display in person stop in and see Devin and Dan at UCD

Escalade with JL

BMW M3 JL Audio Install
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

AAMP217 wrote:Thanks for the input, I will pass this onto their salesman and anytime you stop in there make sure to mention PG (unless you breakdown and buy another brand).
Oh I won't be getting anything else but PG from now on, that's for sure! I might stop by today. I should have yesterday, I rolled their parking lot, oh well. I will stop by and bug them again. Last time I was in there in the morning, I talked with the owner for a little bit, maybe I will try my luck first thing in the morning again and hopefully get the owner to see what he thinks about PG. I really want to see some of the new gear!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

eulogious wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:Thanks for the input, I will pass this onto their salesman and anytime you stop in there make sure to mention PG (unless you breakdown and buy another brand).
Oh I won't be getting anything else but PG from now on, that's for sure! I might stop by today. I should have yesterday, I rolled their parking lot, oh well. I will stop by and bug them again. Last time I was in there in the morning, I talked with the owner for a little bit, maybe I will try my luck first thing in the morning again and hopefully get the owner to see what he thinks about PG. I really want to see some of the new gear!
Even though they are intrested in the line the sad thing is that you will probably know more than they do as of today! I think you will see the product in their store pretty soon. Stop and and say hey, I am sure it will make an impression...
ez4menyou

Post by ez4menyou »

omni autio lynchburg va yes
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

ez4menyou wrote:omni autio lynchburg va yes
Thanks for the input on Omni Audio. I would check out Auto Xtras in Lynchburg. They currently the largest Stinger/PAC/AAMP dealer in town. They have all the information about the current Phoenix Gold product line

Auto Xtras
19094 Forest Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24502
(434) 385-1155
http://www.autoxtrasonline.net
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

and if you don't know yet, stopping by these local shops and asking them if they are going to pick it up is a BIG DEAL! I have worked at some Small local dealers and they like to keep their ears open and a customer asking to buy something that they do not currently have but can get, gets thier attention. They always want to have the latest and greatest to one-up their competition and if they have not heard or considered the new pg they are late to the party.

I stopped by my local shop yesterday and asked. They push klicker(COMP OF COURSE!) so I had to ask them if they were tired of pricematching their internet/fleamarket prices since pg is supposed to be NO INTERNET SALES. They had to laugh a little but I told them I was interested in hearing/seeing thier stuff and would be willing to traval a short distance to see them.
jay00f4

Post by jay00f4 »

ttocs wrote:and if you don't know yet, stopping by these local shops and asking them if they are going to pick it up is a BIG DEAL! I have worked at some Small local dealers and they like to keep their ears open and a customer asking to buy something that they do not currently have but can get, gets thier attention. They always want to have the latest and greatest to one-up their competition and if they have not heard or considered the new pg they are late to the party.

I stopped by my local shop yesterday and asked. They push klicker(COMP OF COURSE!) so I had to ask them if they were tired of pricematching their internet/fleamarket prices since pg is supposed to be NO INTERNET SALES. They had to laugh a little but I told them I was interested in hearing/seeing thier stuff and would be willing to traval a short distance to see them.
Funny they laugh. Lots of dealers have this perception that the internet is uncontrollable because other manufactures choose not to control it.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that just means they have the wrong brands, and they know it or at least they should.
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Fry's Electronics/Las Vegas, NV/Yes
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!