Ti5CX

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Ti5CX

Post by Eric D »

I just got a set of these Ti 5in coax for a project, and I wanted to say I am pretty happy with them. The fit and finish is maybe the best I have ever seen on coax before. Most companies don't put a lot of effort into the design or quality of their coax, but I think PG decided too. The grills are very nice as well, and really look sharp on the installed speakers.

One minor complaint, I don't like the PG logo being on the cone. On the grill is plenty. In my case I was forced to install one of the coax with the terminal up, so now I have one upside down PG logo, and another right side up logo on the grill. It is not that easy to notice, but I am anal enough it bugs the hell out of me.

The speakers sound great too. Can't really get too detailed about the SQ, since they are hooked up to anything but a reference system, but they are WAY better than the speakers I replaced with these, and that was the goal.

Having been so impressed with the physical build quality, I am really interested in cutting the passive crossover off of the tweeter and running a pair of these actively off a ZX450 just to see what their potential can be. Probably better to try that on a 6in pair.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

damn I missed another ups guy!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Ti coax!? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting they reused the Ti name for the new series of speakers and amps! :doh: