quick Ti sub question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

quick Ti sub question

Post by Bfowler »

getting in a e-debate with a guy over newer pg subs. specifically the rsdc and ti subs.

the PG is a poor design with high inductance and no shorting ring

what is the really accomplish? sounds like marketing hype to me, but i would like to be more informed.

do the newer subs have shorting rings, faraday rings, and how do those effect the driver?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

They make the sub more linear at the excurion limits (wider BL curve). Not that that matters when you care about how it sounds more than how it graphs. I've tried many subs with all those "sounds good on paper" nerd features that everyone on DIYMA is so gung-ho over, and none of them has sounded as good as my RSDC so far. So fuck it!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

There are so many variables that can effect the way things sound inside the car.....
While I like to see that graph in the spec sheet, it only means so much in the end.... As long as it sounds good.....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

stipud wrote:They make the sub more linear at the excurion limits (wider BL curve). Not that that matters when you care about how it sounds more than how it graphs. I've tried many subs with all those "sounds good on paper" nerd features that everyone on DIYMA is so gung-ho over, and none of them has sounded as good as my RSDC so far. So fuck it!
I am hoping that is true about the rsdc, goona fix the one and found another NIB for $70 shipped and planning on re-doing my box now.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.