New Pg sales, INFO,problems, ect

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

New Pg sales, INFO,problems, ect

Post by kg1961 »

I just wondering how the new pg car audio is doing
are they selling alot of unit ? whats the best sold item so far in subs, amps speakers? any product problems that need to be adressed?
Are you sell the # you need to stay afloat?
Im know the guy are not on here much (think it crazy) but can anyone add to this
Mike
Last edited by kg1961 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

so who is supposed to answer this?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

anyone that works with pg gear at a retail location,installer, anyone from pg even guys that know people that work there.
All we heard about 8 month ago was pg this pg that..
Eric tested the gear, they offered free mags. no one got and than i have not heard anything
I read somewere on the phourm that staff from pg is not aloud on the forum? thats retarted as this and facebook was there largest tools.

With some of the problems shipping orders to a memebr on the phorum he had to wait and had a hard time getting ahold of the person in charge.. :whistle: just make me wonder are they ok or are they slipping away?
what have the dealers said vs. other company item???? good bad or other.
Im not busting balls just you never see it online(I know they don't want to be sold on line) new info. Calgary and Canada are almost dead to pg. :idiot:
I would just like to here how are things going
I have no idea :hmm: :hmm:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Do we have any PG dealers that post here? I'd be interested to hear from them but I suppose a dealer positing on a public forum about anything but great experiences might sour their relationship with AAMP so I don't know if we'll ever be able to hear a dealer post their gripes, if they have any.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I know but if there are problems I.E. shipping than i think a large company like aamp should be trying to fix it to make dealer happy not hoping that know one will ever say anything and the problem just go away
I would like to how sale are up down form what they thought

Pg asked alot from us on what we would buy like names,ect, ect. I would like to know how there new pg has started soft- good -great -ect sold out of xxx or maybe there are really hot item that they just can't keep in stock..

Im not asking about company private info
just are things going as good as they thought or if some new item coming like a real ti line not rsd with ti badges
2020 honda accord sport
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

They can be on the forum for work related questions from what Zak told me but just to post an chat they won't be on hre at all. I got all the stuff I ordered from Zak and he told me when ready just call him direct for whatever else I need.
I think I have my former PG dealer ready to look into picking up the new PG again.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I got the feeling a little while back that they were done here. :roll:
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Ok my question are
1.Are the new pg line sell very good if so what models?Also are the subs selling better than the amp and speaker ect
2. Are there any product problems like the xenon line
3.What are the most sold items
4.in canada will there be any line higher than there base models :(
5. Is there a better line higher than the ti (rsd) line in the works
6. Will amp allow older known PG forum memebr buy direct
as they will not let online sales and real were i am I can't buy the higher end.
2020 honda accord sport
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

^use the dealer locater and dial up some shops. I bet you could also email them to save on international phone charges. I would also be curious to know. :hmm:
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

i wonder the same thing myself also i think at one time i seem's like they didnt do enough advertising and i was not knowing what they were up to and it was kinda annoying. i know their early brochures did get me interested in their amp's enough to want to learn more about them.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

KG,

The forum has been quiet last few weeks which is normal for the Car Audio sales cycle.

If questions are posted, we do answer them quickly as possible. Sorry but I don't follow what you mean by "shipping" problems. If you refer to inventory levels, we have an excellent fulfillment rate.

Plan for year one is to step by step build a dealer base. Shotgun sales of sending the product everywhere burns the flame hot, but not for long. So you are not going to see new product on Ebay, Amazon, etc.

We have some pretty unique amplifiers under development right now. Not to mention more woofers coming. I will be sharing more details shortly.

The biggest surprise to me is the sales of the THE ONE. They are going very, very fast.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

That seriously does NOT come as a surprise. Any limited edition run of ANY PG amp doesn't stay on the shelves for too long... if anything, wouldn't even leave the docks (unless it's going straight to their new owner; as per order in advance!)

But that is good news to hear, nevertheless and don't keep us waiting too long with gossip.. we start creating our own after long :P hahaha
-1998 Mazda 929 HC Series 1-
[b]Alpine[/b]- CDA-7998R/CHA-S634/
PXA-H700/MRV-1507 x 3/MRV-F407 x 3
[b]Phoenix Gold[/b]- Xmax 12 x 2/ZPM160 x 4
ZPM100 x 2/ZPT25 x 2/Bass CUBE/DD5
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I am hoping for a 5 or 6 channel S series.....75x4 + 500x1 or so. :)
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

You will be a happy man in the future...
Morgan West
bruther

Post by bruther »

MW3 wrote:KG,

The forum has been quiet last few weeks which is normal for the Car Audio sales cycle.

If questions are posted, we do answer them quickly as possible. Sorry but I don't follow what you mean by "shipping" problems. If you refer to inventory levels, we have an excellent fulfillment rate.

Plan for year one is to step by step build a dealer base. Shotgun sales of sending the product everywhere burns the flame hot, but not for long. So you are not going to see new product on Ebay, Amazon, etc.

We have some pretty unique amplifiers under development right now. Not to mention more woofers coming. I will be sharing more details shortly.

The biggest surprise to me is the sales of the THE ONE. They are going very, very fast.

Can you give some more clarity around "unique". I have been unloading some of my older amps and will be looking to purchase the new ti series amps. Is there going to be a higher series than the ti? If so, I will wait. My delay in purchasing has been the lack of availability in my area or the ability to purchase via internet....this, in my eyes seems to be a real problem. You have someone like myself wanting to purchase some new amps (cost is not as great of a concern)....but I cannot get access to them from any local dealers. I travel between DC and NE Ohio every month and there is not a single dealer close enough for me to stop at on my drive to/from.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
buzzy54

Post by buzzy54 »

bruther wrote:

Can you give some more clarity around "unique". I have been unloading some of my older amps and will be looking to purchase the new ti series amps. Is there going to be a higher series than the ti? If so, I will wait. My delay in purchasing has been the lack of availability in my area or the ability to purchase via internet....this, in my eyes seems to be a real problem. You have someone like myself wanting to purchase some new amps (cost is not as great of a concern)....but I cannot get access to them from any local dealers. I travel between DC and NE Ohio every month and there is not a single dealer close enough for me to stop at on my drive to/from.
There are now over 60 dealers in the US since April-May when the product was finally launched and available to ship.

All 3 lines have been been doing well.
Lots of power, lots of bass and good audio quality at all levels.

Call any of the Authorized dealers and ask them.

Keep in mind that many dealers already had their plate full and this late in the year it might not be until after the New Year before they bring the line in.

At the beginning we knew that this is a marathon not a sprint.

As time goes on more good dealers will come on board for you.

Be patient.

ED
Do it right or just don't do it!
bruther

Post by bruther »

buzzy54 wrote:
bruther wrote:

There are now over 60 dealers in the US since April-May when the product was finally launched and available to ship.

All 3 lines have been been doing well.
Lots of power, lots of bass and good audio quality at all levels.

Call any of the Authorized dealers and ask them.

Keep in mind that many dealers already had their plate full and this late in the year it might not be until after the New Year before they bring the line in.

At the beginning we knew that this is a marathon not a sprint.

As time goes on more good dealers will come on board for you.

Be patient.

ED
Thanks for not answering/addressing my question/statement.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

bruther wrote:Can you give some more clarity around "unique". I have been unloading some of my older amps and will be looking to purchase the new ti series amps. Is there going to be a higher series than the ti? If so, I will wait. My delay in purchasing has been the lack of availability in my area or the ability to purchase via internet....this, in my eyes seems to be a real problem. You have someone like myself wanting to purchase some new amps (cost is not as great of a concern)....but I cannot get access to them from any local dealers. I travel between DC and NE Ohio every month and there is not a single dealer close enough for me to stop at on my drive to/from.
When I say unique I mean we are focusing on what are the needs in today's market. New cars may look bigger but the reality is they are tight on space as every nook and cranny is filled with some electrical component or special feature.

Second, interfacing with newer cars is a pain and will only become more complex. Tapping into factory amps, bus systems, retaining steering wheel controls, on-star, etc, etc. Yet, most amplifiers still have the same basic input circuitry from 20 years ago, they haven't kept up.

Can't go into too much more details than that, but you will see some fresh ideas when it comes to amplifiers come this CES.

From DC to Ohio there must be a dealer or two in there somewhere. I will see what I can find...
Morgan West
bruther

Post by bruther »

MW3 wrote:
bruther wrote:Can you give some more clarity around "unique". I have been unloading some of my older amps and will be looking to purchase the new ti series amps. Is there going to be a higher series than the ti? If so, I will wait. My delay in purchasing has been the lack of availability in my area or the ability to purchase via internet....this, in my eyes seems to be a real problem. You have someone like myself wanting to purchase some new amps (cost is not as great of a concern)....but I cannot get access to them from any local dealers. I travel between DC and NE Ohio every month and there is not a single dealer close enough for me to stop at on my drive to/from.
When I say unique I mean we are focusing on what are the needs in today's market. New cars may look bigger but the reality is they are tight on space as every nook and cranny is filled with some electrical component or special feature.

Second, interfacing with newer cars is a pain and will only become more complex. Tapping into factory amps, bus systems, retaining steering wheel controls, on-star, etc, etc. Yet, most amplifiers still have the same basic input circuitry from 20 years ago, they haven't kept up.

Can't go into too much more details than that, but you will see some fresh ideas when it comes to amplifiers come this CES.

From DC to Ohio there must be a dealer or two in there somewhere. I will see what I can find...

Thank you. I appreciate the input. One of my points was DC to Ohio is a wide area of the United States to not have any dealers.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

my closest dealer is 5 hrs away. With the price of gas, time for the road trip, hotel, food, strippers/hookers means that it is an expensive trip just to hope the sound good. Tell ya what I will make ya a deal, cover a small portion of the expenses, say just the hookers, I mean entertainment and you can count me in! 8)
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

ttocs wrote:my closest dealer is 5 hrs away. With the price of gas, time for the road trip, hotel, food, strippers/hookers means that it is an expensive trip just to hope the sound good. Tell ya what I will make ya a deal, cover a small portion of the expenses, say just the hookers, I mean entertainment and you can count me in! 8)
The closest (you're in evansville if i remember correctly) :

Al's Tire Mart & Electronics Center
900 E Fayette Ave
Effingham, IL 62401
Phone Number: 217-342-2611
Approx. 95.59 Miles
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

bruther wrote:Thank you. I appreciate the input. One of my points was DC to Ohio is a wide area of the United States to not have any dealers.
is this near where you are travelling?

STEREO LIMITED
209 WINCHESTER CEMETERY ROAD
CANAL WINCH, OH 43110
Phone: 614-833-2440
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

3hrs round trip in good traffic. I drove to st louis for a roadster 66 but because it was $400.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

ttocs wrote:3hrs round trip in good traffic. I drove to st louis for a roadster 66 but because it was $400.
understandable but at least it is not 5 hours away, i just saved you 2 hours! :)
bruther

Post by bruther »

AAMP217 wrote:
bruther wrote:Thank you. I appreciate the input. One of my points was DC to Ohio is a wide area of the United States to not have any dealers.
is this near where you are travelling?

STEREO LIMITED
209 WINCHESTER CEMETERY ROAD
CANAL WINCH, OH 43110
Phone: 614-833-2440
COlumbus is not on the way from DC to Akron Ohio.....Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, DC????
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit