PG 2010 gear anyone on the fourm own and used anything?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
denim

Re:

Post by denim »

ttocs wrote:difference is that no authorized dealer is allowed to sell online. The problem with online is that you have people that will undercut local dealers to get the sale since they do not have to offer warrenty help later.
As I have told them a couple of times, when PG is ready to sell online with an authorized dealer that always follows NDA and pricing structure, I will be ready and waiting.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: PG 2010 gear anyone on the fourm own and used anything?

Post by ttocs »

didn't he say that you can call any dealer and ask them to ship you what you want?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

So is there anyone from the phourm using the new gear? other than the people that didn't pay for it?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

kg1961 wrote:So is there anyone from the phourm using the new gear? other than the people that didn't pay for it?

I guess thats a big no :) Hopefully I will have acouple SD amps or some TI's coming up. Not sure about the TI's as they are kinda high in price.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

honestly when I saw that other post about going to china, that was my first idea in my head is that is how I would finally be able to see/hear the new gear. The closest place to me is a tire shop over 2 hrs away. That new/big 5 channel would be great in my stang with the system I am designing but if it is all that far away no thanks.

Ya know I understand that you can't make all the people happy, all of the time, but unfortunatly I am not sure who is happy with the current roll-out. The people that just want to order it online are not happy and the people like me that need to see it/hear it/touch it before I buy it is not happy either....
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

Hopefully they get some more dealers signed up this year.
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

ttocs wrote:honestly when I saw that other post about going to china, that was my first idea in my head is that is how I would finally be able to see/hear the new gear. The closest place to me is a tire shop over 2 hrs away. That new/big 5 channel would be great in my stang with the system I am designing but if it is all that far away no thanks.

Ya know I understand that you can't make all the people happy, all of the time, but unfortunatly I am not sure who is happy with the current roll-out. The people that just want to order it online are not happy and the people like me that need to see it/hear it/touch it before I buy it is not happy either....
Agreed.. My nearest dealer is in nashville, or maybe even Atl, which is a few hours away. I shouldnt have to drive that far to
have a listen, but there are no other options, as their are no online dealers.. Times have changed, almost everything is purchased online these days, and I think pg is taking a big hit in not having anything available online. Look at dd, fi,sundown,
SA,audioque, even jl sales online, and much much more. I am in the market for some new gear, and would love to go with pg, but this thing with no internet dealers, along with the little to no changes at components systems, and subs have me looking elsewhere at this point.. However, it does appear that pg is putting in a good effort with the new amps, that is a positive.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Mackenzie wrote:
ttocs wrote:honestly when I saw that other post about going to china, that was my first idea in my head is that is how I would finally be able to see/hear the new gear. The closest place to me is a tire shop over 2 hrs away. That new/big 5 channel would be great in my stang with the system I am designing but if it is all that far away no thanks.

Agreed.. My nearest dealer is in nashville, or maybe even Atl, which is a few hours away. I shouldnt have to drive that far to
have a listen, but there are no other options, as their are no online dealers.. Times have changed, almost everything is purchased online these days, and I think pg is taking a big hit in not having anything available online. Look at dd, fi,sundown,
SA,audioque, even jl sales online, and much much more. I am in the market for some new gear, and would love to go with pg, but this thing with no internet dealers, along with the little to no changes at components systems, and subs have me looking elsewhere at this point.. However, it does appear that pg is putting in a good effort with the new amps, that is a positive.
PG has made it very clear that if you contact one of these dealers that they would be happy to ship you whatever you want. Making a phone call and actually talking with someone is no harder than typing in your order. Personally if I had to make this choice I would rather talk to a real person that is at an easily identifiable location to do business with and not some unknown IP address.
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

oldschoolfan wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:

PG has made it very clear that if you contact one of these dealers that they would be happy to ship you whatever you want. Making a phone call and actually talking with someone is no harder than typing in your order. Personally if I had to make this choice I would rather talk to a real person that is at an easily identifiable location to do business with and not some unknown IP address.
Yes, I recall seeing that...but, how would one audition the new equipment? "Hey, can you hold the phone next to <insert cool new speaker here>?"
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would not buy a car I could not test drive.

I will not buy audio gear I cannot hear first.
I look forward to the day I get to demo the new stuff, but I am certainly not holding my breath.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

ttocs wrote:I would not buy a car I could not test drive.

I will not buy audio gear I cannot hear first.
I look forward to the day I get to demo the new stuff, but I am certainly not holding my breath.
I agree. I like to feel, smell, and listen first. But for those that are complaining about not being able to buy on the internet, I don't see the problem.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

agreed. Not sure why people are still complaining they can't order it.... I guess it is too much trouble to pick up a phone?
rednike

Post by rednike »

I am currently using Ti 2500.1 for the 12" PG subwoofer that Morgan borrow to me for testing (not on the market yet...) :lol:
Outlaw x1
Roadster x1
Octane x1
Reactor x1
Ti 400.2x1
Ti 600.2x1
ZX475 x1
Ti 2500.1 x1
----------------------------
2010 Toyota Highlander 3.5 4WD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Like I said, when get to go to china/japan I look forward to listening to the new line.....
rednike

Post by rednike »

ttocs wrote:Like I said, when get to go to china/japan I look forward to listening to the new line.....
Let me know if you ever come to China or Taiwan, I would be pleased to show you around...

Danny
Outlaw x1
Roadster x1
Octane x1
Reactor x1
Ti 400.2x1
Ti 600.2x1
ZX475 x1
Ti 2500.1 x1
----------------------------
2010 Toyota Highlander 3.5 4WD
SLICK

Post by SLICK »

any pics of said amps installed ?
Our Rides :
2008 Ford EdGe Limited , Blazin Copper
2004 Ford SVT Lightning , Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L Eaton Supercharged . Powered By Memphis .
2003 Dodge Ram - Stock Stereo , Added Memphis sub and Amp
1997 Dodge Ram - Kenwood / Soundstream / Eclipse / Memphis / Rockford Fosgate / PG

My PG collection : For Sale.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ok over seas but any were the N/A ##$$$ are in sales? or am i wrong is pg love over seas more???? pg you can chime in
heard alot more training ect over seas but are you coming to canada to train? or alot more the of the usa?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

kg1961 wrote:or am i wrong is pg love over seas more????
It´s not quite more love, but i still remember when i bought my first 4 MS2125´s and paid like 3650eur for them. That´s why people have quite a lot of respect from kinda gear like that overseas.

It always gives me goosebumps when i walk by the nickel that is mounted onto a wall in my flat right now. That amp cost as much as a good used car back in the day in austria. I won´t let mine go as long as i´m not in deperate need of cash. What makes it even more valuable to me is the memories about Matt i´m connecting to it.

Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

ttocs wrote:Like I said, when get to go to china/japan I look forward to listening to the new line.....

Drive to your local dealer....make a day out of it.

At least once the day is over you can say...."I smelled....touched.....tasted and heard the new PG amps!!!". :)
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well actually we got a dealer locally, just wish he would put some on display so I could see it and hear it.
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

If he has any in stock ask him to pull a few out of the boxes so you can get your hands on them.
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would still need to hear any piece of gear before I would buy it....... Otherwise it seems about as smart as buying a car you never test drove.
avalanchels

Post by avalanchels »

Saw the SD800.5 today...its a little beauty. I'm half tempted to run one per side in my active 3-way up front.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I have two SD1300.5's and an SD500.4 on it's way as we speak. One 1300.5 is for a friend though. @ttocs, how many RSD amps did you listen to before purchasing the Roadster?
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

more then a few, why?