PG 2010 gear anyone on the fourm own and used anything?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
kg1961
Got wood?

PG 2010 gear anyone on the fourm own and used anything?

Post by kg1961 »

Im just wondering who on the the forum has tried the new pg gear?
what items how are they ect..
I know Eric tested some Amps and Grid owns some gear but anyone using it all the time?
I would like to here how you think they are, and vs other gear you have used or if you had old pg gear what do you think

If you could post some install pick of the new gear.that would be cool

AAmp I know there is one of you guys that has all the 10"sub and amp in a SUV finished pics? how does it sound

There is almost 2000 of us know someone should have some of the new gear
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have not seen nor heard anything more then what has been said on this site. My closest dealer that has picked it up is 3 hrs away. Unless that changes there is no way I will ever have a chance to buy it as I would never buy ANY gear that I could not first touch/see/feel/hear to make an opinion about. I decided a while back that I would put aside my feeling about aamp/pg products until I could get a chance to demo/hear it and make up my own mind. I will never believe anything I read about a product until I can see it for myself but I am afraid I will never get the opportunity to do so with this line the way it looks :roll:
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I am the same this is why im asking if anyone has used it and what they think
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

unfortunatly if they are not making it to where the us, the die-hards can even buy how do they expect to get back into the game. I still support the no internet sales for the most part as that would not fix my problem with needing to hear/touch/feel it before I buy it or the industry problems that internet sales has made.
bruther

Post by bruther »

The interesting argument from AAMP is that they are standing their ground on not wanting to sell any of the new lines over the internet yet the dealer closest to me is 2hrs away. Their recommendation is to call a dealer up and order the amp. No offense, but I am not going to pay a premium price for an amp that I have to call in my order. Buying an amp from a city I don't go too or live in does not make me comfortable. If I could buy direct from PG, that would be a different story....
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

PG "finally" got officially released here in Australia...

the first (and my state's only stockist) has put a set of the Ti65CS 6.5" comps into a skyline off the head unit with pleasing results..

[taken from their facebook page]
We have already installed a set of the Ti65CS 6.5" Ti component speakers into an R34 skyline, and the sound is mindblowing!!!! The tweeters are incredibly smooth, even tho they are mount up on the A-pillars, and the midrange response sounds warm and realistic, while blending in with the tweeter seamlessly. The midbass has plenty of attack, even tho the speakers are currently running off an Alpine headunit.
We will soon be pairing them up to a Ti600.4 4ch Ti series amplifier.
[/quote]

And i'm going to be sourcing either a trio of Ti or R series amps depending on what price i can get from my local dealer (which is 45mins from my home)..
I'm looking at either Ti1500.1/2x Ti600.4 or R1000.1/2x R500.4..
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

really no one yet??? from a sale point of view this can't look to good for aamp and pg
forget facebook it almost as bad as high school for true info
2020 honda accord sport
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Honestly I would love to get mine installed I just have so much shit going on between health and starting a small business I don't know when it's gonna get done.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Ti800.4 in my truck now, and I use it daily. Very pleased so far...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Eric D wrote:Ti800.4 in my truck now, and I use it daily. Very pleased so far...

Yes Eric but how is it vs other thing you have used in the same sorta price and power range?

now that you use it alot does it get super hota ny more info. or maybe you can't really say :hmm:
2020 honda accord sport
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

So far in my truck I have had...

Rockford Fosgate Power 800a4
Rockford Fosgate Punch 400.4
exile 800.4
Soundstream Reference 705S
PG Ti800.4

The Ti is low heat, and sounds almost as loud as the bridged 705S did. The sound is better than the RF amps, but no better than the exile or Soundstream, but that does not mean my other equipment would bring out any improvement due to the amp.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

thanks for the info Eric
this is what i would like to know anyone else that had to buy the amps/speaker or sub that can chim in?
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

see now I am sorry but the roll out has been painfully slow if us, the die hards cannot get ahold of it I would rate is as a fail. I know I know they are working on it :violin: ....
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Web sales is a must IMO... Just like I have said multiple times before.

In fact I have purchased MBQ amps for my new Jetta install just because they do rated and seem to have a decent reputation. Decent price point as well.

... Wish I could have gotten PG, but no one around me carries them that I am aware of. And I am essentially in DC!!! A huge market!

I considered Sundown as well, but could not justify the price premium for Chiness crap. Yes, I know MBQ is Chiness crap - but it is priced accordingly.
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^not to thread jack, but yeah...those mbq discus amps are a killer value.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Just a fun fact here! I don´t know a dealer in austria and germany and people keep asking me alot about the new gear and where to buy it. All i can do and do all the time is forwarding Zak´s signature he has inside the phorum here. I already had a few people from over here asking about "The One" as well. I´m pretty sure that at least one of them will make it towards Germany in the near future
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I've heard the new stuff but don't have any. We have acouple places here but the Ti line is out of my price range at the moment. The Ti's and RSdC's sound the same to me...... The Ti's might be a touch less harsh than the RSd tweets...... But that's all my opinion.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

^no they dont lol.

it must be that particular application 8)
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Which part Bri................
The subs or the tweets.........?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

the tweets. they are the same. (which isnt a bad thing imo) as are the crossovers.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I am waiting for CES to see what is coming. Morgan hinted at an S series 5 or 6 channel....which would be ideal for me. :) I would love to run the Ti amps but too much $$ for me right now.
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

Bfowler wrote:the tweets. they are the same. (which isnt a bad thing imo) as are the crossovers.
true.

I am running the new Ti comps up front and coaxials in rear. They sound great for what they are (very close to rsdc, indeed).
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

I don't get it 2000 members here and know one that could go to a store and buy has?see a problem, Grid and Eric got there sent to them. Also most kid don't care how its built they just want loud as shit and bragging rights. so when your selling pg at best buys styles vs RF sony Alpine clarion kenwood your going to be killed $$$ wise with that. most of you have to drive many hour to even here it.
I know Aamp has just got this company this year but your going to tell me this deal was not in the works for some time? I deal with China so most of these amp design ect were already done months and months before shipping.
Also to use one company to sell in canada.?? they are not that good on a bad day for getting product as i delt with them in 1998-2001

I really hope Pg the best but I really don't see this happening
At least sell on line to people that can't get to the dealer for the same mark up as the dealers
Myself and an there member said on here we bought other companys gear as we could not get it when we needed it . i still can't and it the end of the year??
As for the ONE nice amp but Pg doesn't have anything that can be ran by it so neat but useless. As people that will use it will buy a shit load of other companys gear and Im sure there is way more profit in 20-30 subs or big monster sub that can haddle the power with 2 or 3 subs , speaker wire battery ect than a amp or 2
Im done this is all I have to say
best of luck but i really don't see how it going to work.
2020 honda accord sport
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I have wondered the purpose of The One as well... What is PG offering to wang off of The One?

I love ridiculous subs!!! Make me something like an IDMAX, but better :) 1000-1500rms capability D2 and some serious 30mm-ish x-max.

Again look at Sundown with these crazy SA-8s which are all the rage right now. And the DD1508 of course.

Screw it, raise the bar PG and come back with a Neo motor! TC Sounds is out of that business. I think the IA Warden is the only sub left using Neo motors.

There is LOTS of opportunity for AAMP, they just need to kick it into gear... Ahem, select vendor online sales. And a deeper product mix.
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Closest dealer for me is a 7 hour round trip...I'd rather just purchase something online... :?