PG 2010 gear anyone on the fourm own and used anything?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I'd love to go for the 12" woofers, but as I then would need 12 of them, I guess it a costly experience to try them out - if they are good or not...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
denim

Post by denim »

Pillow wrote:Web sales is a must IMO... Just like I have said multiple times before.
I hope they do, and I would love for my site to carry them. :)
denim

Post by denim »

Pillow wrote:I have wondered the purpose of The One as well... What is PG offering to wang off of The One?

I love ridiculous subs!!! Make me something like an IDMAX, but better :) 1000-1500rms capability D2 and some serious 30mm-ish x-max.

Again look at Sundown with these crazy SA-8s which are all the rage right now. And the DD1508 of course.

Screw it, raise the bar PG and come back with a Neo motor! TC Sounds is out of that business. I think the IA Warden is the only sub left using Neo motors.

There is LOTS of opportunity for AAMP, they just need to kick it into gear... Ahem, select vendor online sales. And a deeper product mix.
Fi just released their Neo motored BTL.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Hey guys, we continue to roll out and expand to dealers throughout the USA and internationally through Distributors on a daily basis.

As we have mentioned and kept this promise, we are running the marathon not the sprint by keeping product off the internet at blow out prices. I know many guys here are asking for web sales, we continue to look at solutions for guys that do not have dealers in their area. We hear you loud and clear...

We have new additions coming for 2011 product, more updates to come shortly.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Eric D wrote:Ti800.4 in my truck now, and I use it daily. Very pleased so far...
Eric.... You know how it is.... Pics or BAN!!!!
:pray: please!!
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

MW3 wrote:Hey guys, we continue to roll out and expand to dealers throughout the USA and internationally through Distributors on a daily basis.
...we continue to look at solutions for guys that do not have dealers in their area. We hear you loud and clear...
Enters my problem. I don't have a close enough dealer to go to to look/hear the new amps. If I did and I had enough to get them I wouldn't have a problem ordering them sight unseen, I just prefer a dealer I can go to if issues arise. The other issue was the space restrictions I have and the 1 amp Audison fit my bill perfect. Paid for sight unseen/unheard because I had a local dealer. Would've done the same if I had a local PG dealer on a Ti600.4/Ti2500.1

Sorry to say that this was a sale lost to PG because of no local dealers.

I too will support PG till the day one of us dies.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

We have new additions coming for 2011 product, more updates to come shortly.
Sneak peak! :)

Morgan, sorry to sound pushy on the product mix... But I am just antsy for PG to release the products that appeal to the way I setup my systems. Which is a little bit different than most, but yet a cross between boomers and SQ - SQL with over emphasized lows. LOL
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise
BigBrent

AUTHORIZED internet retailer? no bargain basement prices?

Post by BigBrent »

How about an authorized online retailer that doesn't offer bargain basement prices.. Crutchfield comes to mind. Not sure if they would be interested, just thought of them. Plus if they carried PG, I could go their store in Charlottesville and they would be local.

Brent
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

Eric D wrote:Ti800.4 in my truck now, and I use it daily. Very pleased so far...
really........i want 1 of those! i just dont like our local dealer anymore!
has some retards working for him!
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I might post some pictures at some point. It is really nothing special in the way of an installation though. I have a board bolted and glued to the back of the truck's cab behind the factory carpet, and the amp is screwed to that (no drywall screws of course).

Simple plain, and very effective.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
sploosh369

product

Post by sploosh369 »

I have a set of the 12" R2's that i was putting about 900w into untill my amp just died a few days ago. Id say they sound comparable to my buddies alpine type R's if not a little better. Ive been beating the crap outa them for about 4 months now with no problems. i just got a Diamond audio d3 1100.1 last night so im gonna see how they sound on that.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

so at the end of this topic am I reading it correctly that only one amp has been purchased by anyone on this phorum? :? How long has the new stuff been out? :violin: :violin: :violin:
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

ttocs wrote:so at the end of this topic am I reading it correctly that only one amp has been purchased by anyone on this phorum? :? How long has the new stuff been out? :violin: :violin: :violin:
Who purchased the amp? mine were donated from AAMP and as far as I know Erics were sent to him for testing and he got to keep them for doing the review, At least he hasn't said otherwise that I know of. To me it looks pretty bad for PG that the 2000 people on this phorum who are diehard PG nuts me included and not 1 of us has a dealer nearby!
I am currently trying to get 2 shops near me to carry it but they are skeptical 1 of them sold pg before under trends and is not sure if they want it back again as they picked up hertz and MTX, the other shop is in a bigger market that a friend just opened and he doesn't have the extra credit right now to get another line on the floor.
I hope I can get it into one of them by spring but I am prettty much gonna have to offer to install for nothing before they will bring it in to try out. Which I might do next summer as I get pretty bored. Locally car audio is a dieing breed the kids just don't buy it anymore like we used to back in the day they are happy with their factory subs in their cobalts and would rather buy a sled to ride all winter. I actually can't remember the last time I heard a car in my city with decent bass. There hasn't been a soundoff here for about 6 years now. Shop I worked at used to put 1 on every year and had orion, pioneer, sony demo vehicles at them all. The other shop in town had 1 every year too they had PG, JVC, Kenwood, Alpine demos at them all too. Now I am lucky if I see the demo cars anywhere nobody around here does shows anymore.
So it's not just a problem for PG all the car audio brands are suffering in my opinion. It just looks worse for PG than everyone else because it's taking a long time to get their product out there to street level.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I would love to get one of those "THE ONE" thingys but don´t see myself spending 6 grand plus shipping and customs on an amp that only does burp noises when hooked up. :(

Oh and a suggesion for AAMP. This guy used to be a die hard phoenix gold dealer for a decade already. He still has a few items in stock and i´m pretty sure if u contact him he might take the new stuff as well. Worth a try! :wink: At least we might have one dealer in austria then.

http://www.heinz-berneck.com/frames/contact.htm
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

gridracer wrote:
ttocs wrote:so at the end of this topic am I reading it correctly that only one amp has been purchased by anyone on this phorum? :? How long has the new stuff been out? :violin: :violin: :violin:
Who purchased the amp? mine were donated from AAMP and as far as I know Erics were sent to him for testing and he got to keep them for doing the review, At least he hasn't said otherwise that I know of. To me it looks pretty bad for PG that the 2000 people on this phorum who are diehard PG nuts me included and not 1 of us has a dealer nearby!
I am currently trying to get 2 shops near me to carry it but they are skeptical 1 of them sold pg before under trends and is not sure if they want it back again as they picked up hertz and MTX, the other shop is in a bigger market that a friend just opened and he doesn't have the extra credit right now to get another line on the floor.
I hope I can get it into one of them by spring but I am prettty much gonna have to offer to install for nothing before they will bring it in to try out. Which I might do next summer as I get pretty bored. Locally car audio is a dieing breed the kids just don't buy it anymore like we used to back in the day they are happy with their factory subs in their cobalts and would rather buy a sled to ride all winter. I actually can't remember the last time I heard a car in my city with decent bass. There hasn't been a soundoff here for about 6 years now. Shop I worked at used to put 1 on every year and had orion, pioneer, sony demo vehicles at them all. The other shop in town had 1 every year too they had PG, JVC, Kenwood, Alpine demos at them all too. Now I am lucky if I see the demo cars anywhere nobody around here does shows anymore.
So it's not just a problem for PG all the car audio brands are suffering in my opinion. It just looks worse for PG than everyone else because it's taking a long time to get their product out there to street level.

this was the reason i made this post!!! :oops: :oops: out for over 8 month and know one has bought a new item? maybe because there no dealers ect but it doesn't look like a walk let alone a sprint Morgan. :hmm:
I wish you the best but im forsee the future and I would say its cloudy at best
I would 100% have a online sale at dealer retail at least people that want and can't get to the dealer but the customer can still have product. I don't care what store has bought large amount if they are not selling them and drop your line I bet we will see it on line soon after
maybe a special pricing for older memebers not ever shown to the public or dealer.. they can't be mad hell they are not selling anything new to any of use yet
I think when more guys like us have product other friends, family, phorum posts, install pics, ect here people will like it than want it
this will add sales in a good way
if you have the worlds best items but no one can get it hear it or try it it worthless your not trying to make another mph amp so sell some units
Mike
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would have figured by now that there would be a few of us that were rockin them, and by a few I mean a few percent. As much as I support the no internet sales I am a little worried now.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Guys you can relax and take it out of panic mode.

We have only been shipping the new line for 9 months that is not a lot of time. We continue to add dealers steadily in the US and internationally. We have a large roll out for Europe set for early 2011. I welcome any of forums members to come by booth at CES where we will have lots of new product on display for 2011, more on that later.

Perhaps perception is a bit off because we went from a situation where product was virtually liquidated and all over the net to a more controlled distribution.

I already mentioned many times we are always looking at ways to sell product into areas where there are no dealers. But we don't have a final solution for this yet.
Morgan West
XONE

Post by XONE »

Maybe I have missed the point but from reading all the posts what is the difference of buying a product from the internet where you can not listen to it in andvance or buying a product from an authorized dealer and have them send it to you where you can not listen to is in advance?

once again i may be off base with my question, if so let me know
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

XONE wrote:Maybe I have missed the point but from reading all the posts what is the difference of buying a product from the internet where you can not listen to it in andvance or buying a product from an authorized dealer and have them send it to you where you can not listen to is in advance?

once again i may be off base with my question, if so let me know
This makes perfect sense to me.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

difference is that no authorized dealer is allowed to sell online. The problem with online is that you have people that will undercut local dealers to get the sale since they do not have to offer warrenty help later.
XONE

Post by XONE »

ttocs wrote:difference is that no authorized dealer is allowed to sell online. The problem with online is that you have people that will undercut local dealers to get the sale since they do not have to offer warrenty help later.
like I said earlier I might have missed something but if everyone wants to buy it off the internet and isn't happy because they can't buy it from the internet why not just call an authorized dealer and have them send it to you? it is virtually the same thing, you still can't listen to it in advance, you still can't see it before it arrives however you will still have warranty suppport because you will have a recepit from an authorized dealer.
Black_pg_z71

Re: PG 2010 gear anyone on the fourm own and used anything?

Post by Black_pg_z71 »

Man as soon as I heard PG was back I bought a R1.10D, custom built a box for my truck, and used a used amp, that thing pounded great. I am very impressed with the sound, it was what I expected. Kinda wondering if anyone is interested in the design, it fits gm trucks with extended cab. even designed a slot port box for the truck. Anyways, on with what I was actually writing about. I have since then put another R1.10D in and installed a set of Ti6cx and you guys have done it again. The subs are tight and hit hard as well as the 6" coax speakers are crisp and clear. Thinking of picking up some slims up for the new year and designing a new box around them. Thanks guys! Happy as a pig in mud!

:clap: :shock: :D
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Glad you like your R1.10d and Ti6cx! :clap:

I did R1.10 a few weeks back in a vented box off back side of Ti600.4.

It's silly loud for a single 10. Maybe I am getting old but it was more than enough bass for me.
Morgan West
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

If the R1's are anything like the Ryvals they are loud and punchy as hell! Much more street bass oriented than the RSDC/Ti woofers.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

R1's are totally different animal than Ryval in terms of build quality.

Beefier voice coil, rubber surround, poly cone, etc. They take a lot more abuse.
Morgan West