SD800.5

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

SD800.5

Post by Eric D »

Any chance we can get some high resolution photos of the guts on the SD800.5?

Maybe they are already on the forum somewhere, but if not, I would love to see what makes this amp tick. It is a perfect all in one amp (at least IMO based on the specs for it).
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Audiophiliac

Re: SD800.5

Post by Audiophiliac »

x2. This is what Morgan was hinting at months ago and here it is. Are the "front/rear" channels bridgeable? MSRP? :)
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Too bad the SD600.1 is not full range Class D. I would like to run three of them in an installation.

Or is it full range? I get conflicting ideas from all the stuff I am reading. I do see it only has a low pass crossover, so that leads me to believe it really is only low pass.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

Arc states theirs only has a freq range of up to 250hz, so I would imagine PG's is the same. You would think they should be capable of fullrange like the rest of the line.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Eric,

I post some pics up when I take some decent ones...

The SD500.4 and SD800.5 uses an NXP IC for the front/rear channels. However for the sub channel of the SD800.5 and SD600.1 we use a different topology to provide more power into lower impedance non-bridged loads.

I see some other posts claiming these are same amps as brand X, Z and etc. Keep in mind, NXP provides very clear details on the circuit path/filtering that works in conjunction with the chip. This is not much different scenario than the HIP4080, Tri-Path designs or even the Quasi N-Channel designs, we have used over the years. Power supply design, part quality/count and production methods will greatly effect reliability, power and sound quality.

$350 MSRP for SD600.1 and SD500.4
$450 MSRP for the SD800.5

They are available in mid February, maybe we need to get one in your hands for testing?

BTW: These amps are not purchased or manufactured by Ubuy...
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Reppin' it hard, Morgan!

Your professionalism is appreciated.

I too couldn't make out whether it was full range or not in the marketing material. Maybe I'm slow and can't find it? Either way, thanks being frank and open about things when the only other thing we have to work with is speculation.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

curious how your would rate the 1600.5 to the roadster? I would love to do you the favor of testing one out in my stang I am getting ready to build a system in, around the roadster :) if your looking for testers.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I too couldn't make out whether it was full range or not in the marketing material. Maybe I'm slow and can't find it? Either way, thanks being frank and open about things when the only other thing we have to work with is speculation.
I think what Morgan was getting at was the sub channel of the 800.5, and the 600.1 itself, are not full range.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

stipud wrote:I think what Morgan was getting at was the sub channel of the 800.5, and the 600.1 itself, are not full range.
Correct, they are low pass only.
Morgan West
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

ttocs wrote:curious how your would rate the 1600.5 to the roadster? I would love to do you the favor of testing one out in my stang I am getting ready to build a system in, around the roadster :) if your looking for testers.....
Roadster is a killer amp, but Ti1600.5 has some advantages. It has more power especially on the sub channel. The sub channel is also stable to 1 ohm.

You will also find the crossover of the Ti1600.5 is much more flexible for fully active systems.

We also used a third winding on the four channel power supply transformer that improves efficiency and thermal performance. It also has two internal fans. Boat systems are brutal on amps thermally, we engineered the Ti1600.5 so its also impossible to thermal regardless of how hard its run or where its mounted.

Both are awesome amps and will certainly rock for sure.
Morgan West
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Is the TI1600.5 on sale already? And what does the price tag say for it?
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Ti1600.5 available in late February.

$1100 MSRP
Morgan West
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

MW3 wrote:Ti1600.5 available in late February.

$1100 MSRP

EXCELLENT!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

yea I wish I could afford to rock it rather then the LE amp. Sure you don't want someone in the midwest to get a little biz going around here? My closest dealer is still tony's tire and electronics or what ever it was in effingham il, 2 hrs away. This car is now a weekend/good weather show car that will be wired from top to bottom in pg wire...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

$1100 MSRP
Hehe I'd have to sell my Ti900.7 and Ti1200.1 to afford that. And knowing Canadian retailer markup it will be $2200 at least. :doh:

I guess i'll have to dream for now. What a bad little beasty! :D
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

stipud wrote:

$1100 MSRP
Hehe I'd have to sell my Ti900.7 and Ti1200.1 to afford that. And knowing Canadian retailer markup it will be $2200 at least. :doh:

If not more Tom but I'm sure Vision will not bring it in
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

stipud wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I too couldn't make out whether it was full range or not in the marketing material. Maybe I'm slow and can't find it? Either way, thanks being frank and open about things when the only other thing we have to work with is speculation.
I think what Morgan was getting at was the sub channel of the 800.5, and the 600.1 itself, are not full range.
That's also what I was getting at.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:That's also what I was getting at.
Yeah that's what I was getting at :roll:

...or was it? :lol:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

kg1961 wrote:
stipud wrote:

$1100 MSRP

If not more Tom but I'm sure Vision will not bring it in

The bloated prices we will experience up here doesnt bother me Tom, we are a kunts hair away from the border and our dollar seems very stable !! I havent watched the news lately, but its not like our dollar is hurtn :mrgreen:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

its to far for me :(
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Shit, Seattle is closer to me now than Edmonton was to Calgary. I bet there are shops in Bellingham too! But screw it, Seattle pwns.
denim

Post by denim »

New mini and surfboard on the wish list.
scottn29

Post by scottn29 »

MW3 wrote:Eric,

I post some pics up when I take some decent ones...

The SD500.4 and SD800.5 uses an NXP IC for the front/rear channels. However for the sub channel of the SD800.5 and SD600.1 we use a different topology to provide more power into lower impedance non-bridged loads.

I see some other posts claiming these are same amps as brand X, Z and etc. Keep in mind, NXP provides very clear details on the circuit path/filtering that works in conjunction with the chip. This is not much different scenario than the HIP4080, Tri-Path designs or even the Quasi N-Channel designs, we have used over the years. Power supply design, part quality/count and production methods will greatly effect reliability, power and sound quality.

$350 MSRP for SD600.1 and SD500.4
$450 MSRP for the SD800.5

They are available in mid February, maybe we need to get one in your hands for testing?

BTW: These amps are not purchased or manufactured by Ubuy...

I am curious about the bold part. Is it not a Nikola design? I am interested in running these amps, as I have spoke to you about them. Here again I am assuming since the 3 models share the same physical size and specs as Nikola's deisgns. Nikola is the design team for Ubuy, I should have said that before when I posted about it. They design some great amps!!
El-Akeem

Post by El-Akeem »

Yes, Nikola is the design house for UBUY, but only for the higher quality amps.
For the entry level stuff, they have their Taiwan Design Team (look here: http://www.ubuy.com.tw/technology)

By the way, it is not difficult to get UBUY amps, that are not manufactured by UBUY, since they usually have manufacturers in China, who produce their amps.

And for the sales to the USA, UBUY has a daughter company, that is called Mondec International.

So it is not difficult to claim, that these amps are not purchased and manufactured by UBUY, but actually ARE UBUY amps.

By the way, it think UBUY is one of the best sources in Asia, to get your amplifiers from.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

Morgan, will the new ti600.5 come in a bag, box etc. as the other ti amps? also, is there anything hidden on the board?ie-"i luv the smell of burnt voice coils in the morning?)-thanx
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'