I Series Amplifier

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

I Series Amplifier

Post by MW3 »

Guys,

If you haven't already I suggest you check out:

http://www.phoenixgold.com/productDetai ... tegoryID=5

We have spent the last 12 months working on a new direction of amplifiers for PG. Starting with GM (Camaro specifically) we have developed a literally "plug n' play" amplifier that directly interfaces and communicates with the BUS system of new vehicles.

To install the entire system takes about 1 hour and you need only 4 tools (panel popper and 3 sockets). Basically you unplug the factory amp and plug our amplifier into the factory harness. There are ZERO wires to cut. The amp retains On-star, steering wheel controls, chime module and all other factory functions without the need for any additional external devices or adapters. The amplifier takes care of all the hard work of interfacing with the factory system. We have even pre-programmed the DSP in the amplifier for the optimal SQ settings for that specific car or factory speaker options so its ready to sound great right out of the box. To uninstall takes just 30 minutes and returns the system back to 100% stock if your lease is up.

The amplifier is full blown serious amp with 6 channels, dual power supplies, bi-polar outputs, aux inputs for MP3 players, even a sub pre-amp out for a larger subwoofer amplifier. Most of all it has that built in DSP that lets you adjust just about anything imaginable (Delay, crossovers, sub level, etc) via 2" touch panel LCD.

We demo'd this system at CES. We had it setup so you could switch from stock to I-Series amp with press of a button and the upgrade in sound was massive even with the stock speakers.

This is very exciting direction, new cars are only becoming harder and harder to work on. The I-series is great solution for a huge upgrade in sound without all the hassles with dealing with the factory system.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: I Series Amplifier

Post by stipud »

This is such a good idea. Way to collaborate between your brands! You guys gotta find some car dealers to sell it as a factory upgrade!

So what kind of EQ curve did you program into it? One thing I would like if I were ever in the shoes of such a customer would be a switchable DSP with different modes, e.g. flat, boosted, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

after figureing out the wiring on teh mach systems and tweeking it a little I was suprised how easy it was to get sooo much more performance out of the stock equipment. I always wondered why a company didn't do more stuff like this...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I think this is a great product, I just hope it can be made more "universal" either though different harnesses or software if need be. So my whole point I guess is I don't own Camaro and probably never will (my redneck shows through plenty as it is, the last thing I need is a Camaro)...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Eric D wrote:I think this is a great product, I just hope it can be made more "universal" either though different harnesses or software if need be. So my whole point I guess is I don't own Camaro and probably never will (my redneck shows through plenty as it is, the last thing I need is a Camaro)...

Redneck = Chevy though, doesn't it? :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

We chose the Camaro as a starting point because it was an exciting new model, factory stereo was very poor/major pain to upgrade, and Camaro owners are often enthusiasts about their vehicles.

This single amp actually works on a wide range of GM products, but we when went the 'kit' route to make install super easy for a specific car to start.

When you plug the amp in it actually detects what vehicle its connected to and automatically makes the adjustments from there!
Morgan West
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I think Eric is on to something. If you just made the amp standalone, and had different harnesses available to adapt it to lots of different vehicles, you would be able to sell a ton of them. Also, this would allow someone to buy and amp, use it in their car, sell that car, keep the amp, and put it in a new car, replace the harness with the correct one and be done. Add an auto-calibration like Audyssey or something similar and let the user tweak it from there.

It is a slick idea and if I had a Camaro, I would definitely get one. :)
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

that blows!

of course you come out with this damn thing after I have already purchased 90% of my system... Whats the MSRP of that thing going to be?
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Whole package is around $1500 MSRP....
Morgan West
Cuda7050

Post by Cuda7050 »

I recentlty had Ti65's and Ti 69's installed in my Camaro and it sounds awesome, especially at 50+% volume. My two questions are 1. is the iAMP-GM1 system plug and play on non Boston Acoustic base systems? and 2. Will this system enhance low to medium volume sound quality. I am a total ametuer audio person, so please keep ythis in mind with your response.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Yes its plug and play. The hardest part is running a wire from the amp to the front of the vehicle for the small touchscreen controller. The instructions are excellent, they should you exactly where and how to remove items, so any DIY guy could do it himself.

The overall sound quality is drastically improved from the factory system, with Ti speakers in there it will sound fantastic. The next biggest difference you will notice right away is how tight, clean and the amount of output you can get for the single 10 ported blew me away.
Morgan West
Drock

I Series Amplifier

Post by Drock »

Sounds basically the same as the jblms8. Only the ms8 has a week amplifier built in but can be installed in any vehicle. It also has 8 pre outs. The one thing I don't like about the ms8 is that it takes my 4v pre out from the deck and knocks it down to 2.8v. It also has 32 band eq.
Why build it so it's vehicle specific. Also how's the size of the new amp/processor? The ms8 is small.
A 6 channel amp must still be a fair size.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

no its nothing similar to an ms8 - nothing at all..... Its an all in one amp/sub combo not an eq.
Drock

I Series Amplifier

Post by Drock »

So is the ms8, it's an 8 ch amp and processor with a 32 band eq. It also has a screen for setup that mounts up front and comes with a mic for setting up to 4 listening positions.
The PG sounds like it has a lot more power but being vehicle specific would be deal breaker for me, as I have a new truck every three years.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Still, these two products are completley differnt. I amp adds a system to your car, ms8 redefines the system you have already put in your car, yes at the end of the day they may be simillar in functions, but both have completly differnt intended uses.
Collection Growing..........
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Too bad it's for a slow fat turd of a car...lol. Should have gotten together with Ford and designed something for Mustangs, They walk all over the Camaros. Even worse for a SS vs. a 5.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh921Y3qTIk

I couldn't resist one more stab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fgd9YB6 ... re=related

heck my 02 blown GT walks an SS easily....lol
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

being a mustang fan it is fun to see ford out front now but I would not call a camaro slow or a turd. Slow-er yes but still a fast car.
spiritofnorway

Post by spiritofnorway »

Hello Morgen
Will there be such a system for Europe, for example for VW, Audi, Peugeot Citroen, etc.
Greetings Geri :clap: :clap: :clap:
My instalation.
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19833

Buyer & Seller Ratings
http://phoenixphorum.com/spiritofnorway-vt10627.html
LeggoMyEggo

Post by LeggoMyEggo »

Hey Morgan, the linky http://www.phoenixgold.com/productDetai ... tegoryID=5 at the top does not work and hasn't worked every time I have tried it over the last month or so. Am i clicking the wrong way? :oops:
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Where exactly did you click? Its a dead link for me, but not sure where it starts.
Morgan West
Macgyver76

Post by Macgyver76 »

Is this a joint effort with another company? As far as the gmlan decoding/encoding interfacing? Ifso is that something that can be shared here?
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Its a joint project with PAC (another AAMP company), they provided all the interface know how, we did all of the audio and tuning.
Morgan West