Ti 800.4 review on DIYMA

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
NewOldStock

Ti 800.4 review on DIYMA

Post by NewOldStock »

sorry if this is a repost - good info

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/mem ... 0-4-a.html
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Ti 800.4 review on DIYMA

Post by ttocs »

I really look forward to when I get to listen to one but I am not holding my breath that it will happen any day soon. At this point the closest dealer is still over 2 hrs one way.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:I really look forward to when I get to listen to one but I am not holding my breath that it will happen any day soon. At this point the closest dealer is still over 2 hrs one way.....
ouch
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

The dealer closest to me has equipment in stock....and on display in a glass case! When I asked when or if they might have a functioning demo the salesman assured me that they sounded as good if not better than his old TiElite amps. When I politely tried to correct him he not only stood firm, but actually seemed to grow impatient with me as if I had no idea what I was talking about. :shrugs:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

dedlyjedly wrote:The dealer closest to me has equipment in stock....and on display in a glass case! When I asked when or if they might have a functioning demo the salesman assured me that they sounded as good if not better than his old TiElite amps. When I politely tried to correct him he not only stood firm, but actually seemed to grow impatient with me as if I had no idea what I was talking about. :shrugs:
FUCKING DOUCHE BAGS......is it to hard to get a listening test nowadays?????
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

ttocs wrote:I really look forward to when I get to listen to one but I am not holding my breath that it will happen any day soon. At this point the closest dealer is still over 2 hrs one way.....
just imagine how close they would be from me ...
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

dunno as the philipeans has posted pics of the new stuff installed so it might just be out there.

In a glass case... The only thing worse then the stuff not being hooked up is when they are hooked up badly. I can't tell you how many sound rooms I have been in with speakers out of phase, shitty enclosures that were not sealed but to just be so lazy that your word they sound good is your sales pitch needs some help.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:dunno as the philipeans has posted pics of the new stuff installed so it might just be out there.

In a glass case... The only thing worse then the stuff not being hooked up is when they are hooked up badly. I can't tell you how many sound rooms I have been in with speakers out of phase, shitty enclosures that were not sealed but to just be so lazy that your word they sound good is your sales pitch needs some help.
If my local dealer has a bunch of Dual and Kenwood amps hooked up and a PG amp in the case for 5x as much... I'm still buying from online.

Who actually visits a car stereo shop anymore? I certainly dont... but then knowledgeable users with lots of disposable income isnt exactly the market PG is trying to capture... clearly their dealers know that putting something behind glass is the way to let those discerning customers that are trying to decide between Dual and Kenwood subs that PG is "the bomb". putting PG amps on a board next to Dual and Kenwood amps would make them appear to be of the same quality... and trying to charge 5x as much for something that appears to be of the same quality as something that costs 1/5 the price, is a no-win proposition.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

a good dealer with a good sound room should have everything out and on display IMO. Putting it in a glass case doesn't make it worth more to me if I can't hear it. If I wanted to look at an amp and not hear it, I have been doing that since they released them and it hasn't sold me yet.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:a good dealer with a good sound room should have everything out and on display IMO. Putting it in a glass case doesn't make it worth more to me if I can't hear it. If I wanted to look at an amp and not hear it, I have been doing that since they released them and it hasn't sold me yet.
as I said... "but then knowledgeable users with lots of disposable income isnt exactly the market PG is trying to capture..."
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the prices on the ti line are not in that group, that is the group dual is in
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

The glass case was in no way an attempt to differentiate or highlight the product line. I didn't see any functioning audio displays. Tint and wheels were definitely the top priorities for this shop.