BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL!

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
66GTO-MS2125

BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL!

Post by 66GTO-MS2125 »

since it is almost 2012 what would everyone think if the new phoenix gold owners (AAMP of america) come out with a 20th anniversary edition of the ever amazing and always dependable MS series amplifiers? I assume that AAMP got all the tech info and blue prints that they would need when they purchased the company? (that is a question for Morgan to answer unless anyone here knows?) I know that i would line up to purchase a pair of 20th 2125's. how about anyone else in the phorum? thoughts? i know with costs of material being considerably higher that these would be expensive amps but phoenix was always known for audiophile quality products dating back to the start of the company in the carver days and with quality always comes a steep price tag.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL!

Post by joerg »

Edit: Nevermind... Just had to vent a little. :(
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
66GTO-MS2125

Post by 66GTO-MS2125 »

go ahead and vent joerg, let it out. maybe i just need to get over the past and move on to the future? i had just been thinking about the old school stuff since i just had some new gear put into my navigatior. sounds great but still i miss the looks and performance of the old PG gear. Navigator has all hertz speakers and zapco amps, i couldnt afford the audison amp that i wanted :( im on the fence now about moving to all audison/hertz equipment in all my vehicles, just wanting to see if anyone else misses the old gear like i do, and if putting questions like this out there on this phorum will change anything at the company level? i am hoping that it does
marko

Post by marko »

it will never happen, 99% of companies only care about one thing now and that's profit, that's why i have a garage and a loft full of old school amps, enough to last me the rest of my life so I never have to buy Chinese crap ever...
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I agree Marko
even soundstream and rf have brought out old looking amp but cheap part just to try to sell to the people that remember the old days

If pg was to do it i say do the m amps black heat sink gold face m50,m44 and m100
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Didn't PG already release 20th anniversary MS amps that didn't sell very well?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Didn't PG already release 20th anniversary MS amps that didn't sell very well?

they were 10th anv

but i have to say i have been around car audio the last 20year and i didn't hear of them being release or talked about? i just seen them 2-3 year later on ebay and said WTF
maybe in canada we didn't get any or calgary?
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

kg1961 wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Didn't PG already release 20th anniversary MS amps that didn't sell very well?

they were 10th anv

but i have to say i have been around car audio the last 20year and i didn't hear of them being release or talked about? i just seen them 2-3 year later on ebay and said WTF
maybe in canada we didn't get any or calgary?
Ooops, of course they were 10th anniversary! Silly me. Herp Derp.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

and the 10's didn't really sell all that well from what I understood.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

It´s just like marko says. Profit is all that counts these days.

Let´s just see it how i see and get it over in austria now. I wanted to purchase a "The One" together with one of the best selling Phoenix Gold dealers from back in the day. Since i couldn´t find all the Info about it on the Website, i contacted Mr.Siegel to send me the actual specs sheet. Didn´t even get an answer on that PM. So we then tried to do it over AIV-Germany. The actual "authorized Dealer" for middle europe. Told us the he would have to ask. For sure we never heard back from him. Our second attempt we got told that they are not sure if they can get it and they still couldn´t come up with some numbers. Either a price in Euro nor the specs of the amp. I then checked the website again and after a closer examination i found everything in a so called downloadable .pdf. After checking all of these numbers and the overall coming out of the situation and how they treated us as customers we decided to just let it be. I don´t want to know what actually is going to happen if i have claim a case of warranty when purchasing the new Phoenix Gold over here.

Back in the day when i bought my SOFAS #96 i manged to destroy the plexi while installing the amp because a painting gun fell onto it. My dealer called Koubaton in Vienna (2hours from me) and they had spare plexis in stock! So i got that with them telling me to bring them the amp so they could check if the accident harmed the electronics. This check was free of charge and i got to hear a Cyclone in the dealers home cinema setup as well.

That´s why i rather stay with the old products as i´m going nuts for the MS series anyway. I know that my shrouded MS1000 Nickel and the two shrouded MS2250 Nickels i have now, will serve me any day. I can´t see myself putting other amps into my car.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
JK

Post by JK »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Hi Guys. Sorry for some reason this post slipped through without me seeing it.

MS series are like old muscle cars. Lots of guys love them for good reason, but they are raw, unrefined and powerful. We have all the technical and mechanical data to reproduce them again, in fact, we did around 2002 and the sales were very slow. I get and embrace guys will always like the older stuff.

Instead of building a 67 camaro, we are currently busy on developing a 2012 Ferrari. Exotic, expensive, insane performance...

What exactly does that mean? Check back in about 2 months when I give you some sneak peeks of the gear for 2012.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I remember the ms-ta line and when I heard about it, but I think by the time I did hear about it they were not being made anymore...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.