Elite Amps on PG website

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Re: Elite Amps on PG website

Post by MW3 »

No need to get personal guys, its just a discussion about a couple of amplifiers...

- HRU.2 is a nice amplifier. I haven't tested one but just by general observation and internal pics it appears to be a well built amp. HRU.2 looks to make more power than the Elite.2. But its likely the Elite's cooling system and front end is superior. Again, I haven't tested the HRU.2, I am giving my 20,000ft view comparison of the amplifiers.

- We deal with many Soundstream INTL distributors and some dealers. The Car/PA market is one of the fastest growing markets in our industry, its all about being LOUD. Soundstream is viewed as the leader in this market segment, Kudos to them for leading the market and their success.

http://www.soundstream.com/AudioProduct ... series.htm

- "Kids running bullet tweeters" were not my words, dont put them in my mouth. Although its different for sure the Car/PA guys have passion that deserves respect.

My issue (which is usually a losing battle) is that since one amplifier makes more power on paper it is absolutely a better amp. That's not always the case, for example, I've seen M25s bring larger amplifiers to their knees during listening tests...

Without measuring, listening and doing a detailed side by side comparison of these two fine amps. Its not really fair to comment much further.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Why is there any argument concerning Soundstream when it has been close to 10 years since Soundstream has even been on the map for producing any worthwhile product?

If someone wants to make an argument involving...

Audison
Sinfoni
Brax
Zapco
Genesis
Etc...

...then more power to them.

However, bringing up Soundstream is like bringing up...

Power Acoustik
Rockwood
Pyramid
Lanzar
Boss
Precision Power
Orion
Etc...

...and all the other readily available brands at my local flea market or swap meet.

Apples to Oranges...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

that was my point, stop being ignorant eric :)
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
rc10mike

Post by rc10mike »

Eric D wrote:Why is there any argument concerning Soundstream when it has been close to 10 years since Soundstream has even been on the map for producing any worthwhile product?

If someone wants to make an argument involving...

Audison
Sinfoni
Brax
Zapco
Genesis
Etc...

...then more power to them.

However, bringing up Soundstream is like bringing up...

Power Acoustik
Rockwood
Pyramid
Lanzar
Boss
Precision Power
Orion
Etc...

...and all the other readily available brands at my local flea market or swap meet.

Apples to Oranges...
You are somewhat correct about Soundstream, I wouldnt buy ANY of their current stuff, however, the HRU.2 is the SAME amp as the original HR2 that came out in 2003 as one of their flagship amps. The HRU IS the last of anything good they've made, and performance wise, belongs with the first list of brands you mentioned.

The argument wasnt about SS as a whole, just this 1 amp. Soundstream is crap now.

Just wondering, Where would you put PG in the 2 groups of brands you made?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

My question is not many people know of the new pg or that pg is making thing like they used to. some feal made in china or over seas is not a good thing. I know the xenon problem but people will not forget that quick
if these amp are as good as im told. than tell the customer
these amp are built better than the zpa amp, sound better than the ms amp from back in the day
the new pg has 2-3 time more power than before ect ect.
Morgan is there some kinda legal thing you guy don't do this?
when most people hear pg they ask about route 66,frank amp,zpa amp use these thing to your advantage. ppi,orion,soundstream, ect ect company back in the day that were just as good as pg are going this to sell product. i know most of them sold and went a little lower end.but still
or get a test on pasmag vs one of the big boys put your amp up vs focal, audison ect?

I presonally did not like the PG web site or listing it just looked like a big brother to allllll the other new line ups
nothing really said buy me if you know what im saying
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

White paper with more details on the Elite amplifiers will be released shortly.

Will also likely send one for Eric for testing.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
southfloridaPGlover

Post by southfloridaPGlover »

MW3 wrote:White paper with more details on the Elite amplifiers will be released shortly.

Will also likely send one for Eric for testing.
i would love to see what eric thinks of them too hurry this up imo and im sure he would agree with me :roll:
PG FOR LIFE
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I don't think anyone here thinks they will be a bad amp but i think they need to be listed as better than stronger ect than pg of the past....or a vs with the top dogs
We all know and love Eric reviews but alot of non members don't know who he is..
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I do like the return to under-rating the amps and think that is where you could seperate yourself from the crowd again. We use to love the under-rated cheater-amps that we all knew were putting out more then they were rated for. I would really rather tell the person that asks that I am pushing some stupid/low amount of watts in a killer system(with a shit-eating grin) then to brag about 7.7 jigawatts of power in my car.
rc10mike

Post by rc10mike »

Im very happy PG is going forward with high-end amps while every other company is quitting the high-end game. My fear is that they wont sell as much as they plan, and just quit all together.

I cant wait to see how the average car audio guy reacts to these new amps when they're released. With small size Class-D taking over, I predict a lot of backlash with these new Elite amps.

After all, shops are going to have a hard time convincing people to buy these huge A/B amps, when a Class D amp that is 1/3 the size, 1/2 the price, and able to make the same power is sitting right next to it.

Sadly, (to me at least) Class D is whats popular now.

I am one of the rare few that still think A/B is better, hence why I carry 50lbs of A/B power in my trunk as we speak. The majority however...still thinks Class D is the way to go..

Good Luck PG, I will likely buy the Elite.4 and possibly the .1, if I can convince myself to run Class D on subs again!
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

haha thread fight...
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
southfloridaPGlover

mike guess u didn't look at the elite 1 its a class d with over 4000 watts
PG FOR LIFE
southfloridaPGlover

mike i don't get it u said pg should make a amp like the hru.2 which is class a/b then u say big class a/b wont sell b/c everone wants class d WTF
PG FOR LIFE
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea that is when I left the debate.
rc10mike

Post by rc10mike »

Huge a/b is my personal choice. Its not for everyone. That's why I said I wish the 2ch had the power I was looking for.

That being said it doesn't take a genius to see where the market it headed, small sized class d. PG is going against the grain here. They probably won't sell a lot. This doesn't change that I personally like a/b and I'm happy that PG is making them.
rc10mike

Post by rc10mike »

southfloridaPGlover wrote:mike guess u didn't look at the elite 1 its a class d with over 4000 watts
If you actually read my post you would see that I did...
rc10mike

Post by rc10mike »

ttocs wrote:yea that is when I left the debate.
Its not a bad thing you left. After all its sometimes too hard to get through blind ignorant fan boys heads.

(Waits for more noob comments)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Irongoats wrote:haha thread fight...
Well you called it there :clap: . I will not justify the trolling-newby-asshole with a responce :naughty: , he is not deserving of my knowledge :naughty:

now waiting for the trolling-asshole newb to think of a good comeback for a comment not addressed to him....
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:
Irongoats wrote:haha thread fight...
Well you called it there :clap: . I will not justify the trolling-newby-asshole with a responce :naughty: , he is not deserving of my knowledge :naughty:

now waiting for the trolling-asshole newb to think of a good comeback for a comment not addressed to him....
Or... let's let stop beating the dead horse, shall we? Both?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

not a problem.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

rc10mike wrote:The Elite products speak for themselves, Morgan was good at pointing this out. Its they way he comes across as making other high-end amps out there to be just pieces of junk that I dont agree with. That being said, I guess Im done here.
:liar: :liar: :naughty:

Why did you come here? to buy a cube 3 yrs ago and start some flames? I am honestly curious as lookin at your history I just don't know what your intentions were...
rc10mike

Post by rc10mike »

ttocs wrote:
rc10mike wrote:The Elite products speak for themselves, Morgan was good at pointing this out. Its they way he comes across as making other high-end amps out there to be just pieces of junk that I dont agree with. That being said, I guess Im done here.
:liar: :liar: :naughty:

Why did you come here? to buy a cube 3 yrs ago and start some flames? I am honestly curious as lookin at your history I just don't know what your intentions were...
I came here to discuss the Elite amps because they interest me, and to ask questions. Its a forum.

Why are you here?

You really need to get off your high horse.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:not a problem.
Clearly it was, since you fired the argument right back up one day after posting this.

You two children can enjoy a day off the Phorum... go out and see some sun. Maybe you will come back with a renewed perspective. If not, we'll see about adding some more time. :(
southfloridaPGlover

sorry didn't try to start a fight
PG FOR LIFE
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

stipud wrote:
ttocs wrote:not a problem.
Clearly it was, since you fired the argument right back up one day after posting this.

You two children can enjoy a day off the Phorum... go out and see some sun. Maybe you will come back with a renewed perspective. If not, we'll see about adding some more time. :(
OH SNAP!!
AKA "THE HATER"