Why so few large mono blocks in other lines?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Why so few large mono blocks in other lines?

Post by Mackenzie »

Im now looking at some other mono block alternatives so that I can be all pg. I have the sd 500.4 now, but the power I need is the elite 1. Why did pg decide to make all the high power mono blocks available on the elite/ ti versions? At 3200 watts for the sub stage, one doesnt need all these extra features, as most would assume the amp will be used for mostly spl/ insane daily driver applications.. Why not an sd 3200d? One would imagine it would sell better than the elite, especially to the insane crowd like myself.

I just think since they already make a very high end mono block that makes a ton of power, why not have still a decent mono that makes alot of power, but doesnt have gold plated circuit boards, and ect.. price point 1kish or less preferably.

Thoughts, comments, who agree's?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: Why so few large mono blocks in other lines?

Post by stipud »

I think you're missing the point of the SD series...
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

I just dont see the market in a nearly $2k 3500 watt mono block. Maybe im just the only.. Just doesnt make any sense to me. Just trying to make sense of it actually..
caraudiotech

Post by caraudiotech »

There's always the option of running multiple SD1300.1's if you need more power but a tiny footprint. put 1 per DVC driver. I can tell you we do not have current plans for anything larger in the SD line.

And for Ti, the amps are strapable for more power.
John "Boyee" Catalano
Phoenix Gold and Stinger Senior Global Marketing Manager
AAMP Global

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ----- Ferris Bueller