Anyone Heard the Ti2 Subs?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I'm deciding on an SQ system for a Silverado in a sealed enclosure, and the Ti2 10's look pretty good on paper. Curious how they sound. That 40mm excursion and 90DB sensitivity makes me think they might be more suited for SPL.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
dvnt88

Re: Anyone Heard the Ti2 Subs?

Post by dvnt88 »

Heard 3 of them in a friends ride and they sound really nice. They were sealed running off a TI2500.1 and sounded comparable to the 10W7 running in a sealed enclosure.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Wow, that's high praise. How much do they cost per sub? Surely not as much as the JL's?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Local audio shop had them on sale for $137 each :shock: ...don't let the price fool ya :doh: , they sound just as good as the 10W7 at a 1/3 of the cost :clap: . If I wasn't currently runnin' 2 8W7's I would be getting 2 of the TI210's for the beast. :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

They sound phenominal imo. Very responsive. Super clean sounding. Good luck finding them for that price. They are $279 msrp.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Though I haven't heard the Ti2's personally, they are supposedly based off the RSD competitions, which I thought sounded way better than W7's, IDMax, etc.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I just paid a visit to my local Phoenix Gold dealer today. By local, I mean 2 1/2 hours away. He's probably reading this. We talked about what I wanted to do, using an Elite.5 amp and a pair of Ti2 10's. After I showed him the space I had to work with, he suggested I might need to use a single 10 D2 in a ported enclosure @ 1 ohm, saying I'd get better performance. I'm fine with that on it's face. However that sub is only rated at 600 rms, and the Elite.5 is rated at 1200 rms on the sub channel, and they tell you right in the manual that the Elite amps make 30% more power than rated.

I'm not saying he's wrong, just asking here. Will a single Ti2 10 take 1600 watts rms? Almost need a single Elite 10" with dual 2 ohm coils, but it doesn't exist.......yet.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Why not a single 12" Elite on that power?! Is room that much of a premium? Kinda overkill all that power on one single 10"..........just my opinion.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

AVICJR wrote:Why not a single 12" Elite on that power?! Is room that much of a premium? Kinda overkill all that power on one single 10"..........just my opinion.
Won't fit under the back seat of a crew cab pick up. A 10" Elite probably would if there was such a thing.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

If you go with a single sub you might consider at Ti210d4, so a 2 ohm final load.

It will be around 800w RMS from the amp at that load, the woofer is rated for 600w. If you set the level properly and not go crazy on the volume knob you should be OK.

A single Ti2 ported in a crew cab is going to sound plently loud, with nice tight accurate bass.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

MW3 wrote:If you go with a single sub you might consider at Ti210d4, so a 2 ohm final load.

It will be around 800w RMS from the amp at that load, the woofer is rated for 600w. If you set the level properly and not go crazy on the volume knob you should be OK.

A single Ti2 ported in a crew cab is going to sound plently loud, with nice tight accurate bass.
That's kinda what I was thinking if I had to go the single sub route. Hopefully he'll be able to figure out a box that will work for two sealed though.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

A single 10 ported in this case might actually be slightly louder than two sealed.

Either way its going to be silly loud.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Yeah, probably. I'm just concerned about having a situation of too much power and having to be careful with it. I'll blow it eventually. I've seen me do it. :lol:

I was trying to figure out how I could work 2 sets of Elite components into my budget over the Ti2's though, and going with a single sub is one set and a start on another, so I believe that's what I'm going to do. Thanks Morgan!
Last edited by Kirghiz on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Kirghiz wrote:Yeah, probably. I'm just concerned about having a situation of too much power and having to be careful with it. I'll blow it eventually. I've seen me do it. :lol:
Lol
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

given the choice of sending a sub and extra 200 watts, or going 200 under its max, I will always overpower. let your ears be your guide and when the bass starts to pop/clip, turn it down and there should not be anything to worry about.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:given the choice of sending a sub and extra 200 watts, or going 200 under its max, I will always overpower. let your ears be your guide and when the bass starts to pop/clip, turn it down and there should not be anything to worry about.
I've made up my mind that this is what I'm going to do. Just waiting for the amp to come in at my dealer. :D
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Does anyone have physical measurements on the Ti2's motor structure, in particular the 10"? I'm designing an enclosure for four of them, and I need to know the width at the bottom of the magnet to know if the middle two are going to clear my transmission hump.

Thanks in advance. 8)