PG Xenon Xover Specs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
audiophyle_247

PG Xenon Xover Specs

Post by audiophyle_247 »

Does anyone have or know the crossover slopes of the Xenon components?
Or possibly some specs for the Xenon tweeters?

I have been trying to backward engineer the Xover for a pair of Xenon 6.5's to find their original crossover setting & slope, but its too complex for me to figure out & looks nothing like the typical calculators Ive found online.
Here is what I have uncovered.
This is the overall circuit for the tweeter from the main Xover input. I have eliminated the phase switch, "A-pillar" switch, and HF Boost switch circuits, because with them off this is what the full path through the crossover looks like for the tweeter.
Mr. Wild

Re: PG Xenon Xover Specs

Post by Mr. Wild »

I figure its about 4kHz and the slope 12dB/oct. The actual slope depends on many variables unknown here so this is just a rough estimate. Component speakers usually have a crossover point around 3-5kHz with 12dB/oct slope so the xenon seems quite normal.

Whats unusual is the RLC-circuit in the middle which is used to attenuate a certain frequency. The tweeter might have a hump in its frequency response which needs addressing.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Here's the manual for the Xenon comps, but if that doesn't give ya the info you need, PM Morgan (MW3) as he may have what ur lookin' for.

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... manual.pdf
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

I've actually got a couple original manuals, but the specs listed are for the woofers only.