New 2013 Ti Amps

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

New 2013 Ti Amps

Post by Eric D »

Any chance we can get any photos of these new amps? Ones from CES, or even some prototype photos would be great.

I would like to learn more about what looks to be a very exciting lineup.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Kirghiz

Re: New 2013 Ti Amps

Post by Kirghiz »

They look like the Elites tbh, but if you go on PG's website and look at the Ti amplifiers, the new ones are down at the bottom with specs.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Eric,

I will get some internal pics up shortly.

I am also putting together a white sheet now with details on electrical designs, stay tuned.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I know I have asked for this for probably 5 years now, but it sure would be sweet if the 4-channel and the 5-channel had reversed phase rear outputs (with reversed labels as well), so you can run the amps as 2-channels or 3-channels respectively (stereo bridging). Especially since few 2-channel models are available, I see this as very useful.

Also, a welcome would be the ability to run either of those amps off only a stereo pair of RCAs, instead of needing "Y" cables.

Just my 2 cents...
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Are the Ti21300.1's strappable, so you can link two together to achieve 2600 watts at 1 ohm? If I wanted to run a pair of Elite 12's off of them, that would be about the only way I can figure to do it without a dual 2 ohm Elite 12 available. I'm trying to come up with a plan B if I can't fit two Elite amps.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

I was told by the aus Stinger boys about the new Ti2's...

I'm very very interested in them, as they are a straight swap size wise (maybe a touch smaller!) than my current Tantrum amps. :D
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Damo95 wrote:I was told by the aus Stinger boys about the new Ti2's...

I'm very very interested in them, as they are a straight swap size wise (maybe a touch smaller!) than my current Tantrum amps. :D
Be carefull Damo those guys are crazy :clap:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Yeah, They seem awsome! In fact they are the featured product on the pg website! Check out all the great pics and make your comparison! :shock:
Collection Growing..........
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I'll be curious to learn about how well those 1300.1's manage heat at 1 ohm. You can just about get 4 of them in the same space as an Elite.1, and that would be 3600 watts at 2 ohm, and 5200 watts at 1 ohm. If they could be strapped it would be epic for spl builds.
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote: Be carefull Damo those guys are crazy :clap:
I know..
I'm very good mates with all of them, and I've been assisting Scott at times with the Astra.. ;)

I should hassle scott to update the install thread.. we finally have a cracked (in many places!) windscreen.. :D
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Are these new ti2 amps being distributed in the u.s yet ? Mainly the 5 channel?
Collection Growing..........
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

When I asked my dealer about them a couple weeks ago, he had heard end of March, and he thought they should have been available, but I don't think he really bothered to check because we were pushing Elites in my install and the Ti2's were just plan B if the Elites didn't fit.