Rising Phoenix logo

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
J.Wright

Rising Phoenix logo

Post by J.Wright »

I have an idea for integrating the Rising Phoenix logo into my install but am needing a high quality .jpg or similar file...

Any of these floating around... ?

Thanks
System in progress...
Kirghiz

Re: Rising Phoenix logo

Post by Kirghiz »

I found some nice ones by trawling through the photo albums on Phoenix Gold's facebook page.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

I've also found some nice logos... But was hoping for a clean file I could put into a CNC machine....

Thinking about carving the Rising Phoenix logo into the plexi of my Elite amp and use the tri-lights as a back light....

Just a thought....
System in progress...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

those leds are fairly directional so it would light the center up really bright and the endges probably not at all.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

I agree... I was toying with the idea of using the power source for the tri-lights and install some edge lighting....
System in progress...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Exactly how clean do you need it to be, and what format? The cleanest ones I've found were on the facebook page, and they were clean enough to resize to 12" x 12" at 300 DPI and convert them to .tifs so I could print them on a Designjet in color for a similar application.

But, I'd bet you could email Morgan and he could locate something if that didn't work.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

Great idea...!

I really need something without a background. Just the Phoenix logo...

If j can not get anything like that, I could take one of the Facebook graphics and do a lithograph....
System in progress...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

The solid black background that is found on the images on their facebook page is easy enough to isolate and cut with photoshop, leaving a transparency that can be saved in .tif format. Surely that would import into the cnc software.

Two threads down is a thread I started the other day and mocked up what I am looking at doing with my sub enclosure. Similar idea as yours, though much simpler. Basically it's a full color photo on photo paper or adhesive vinyl, and then I think I'll drop a piece of 1/8" acrylic over top of the baffle to seal and protect the photo, as well as give the enclosure a bit of a polished look.

Personally if it were me, I don't think I would etch the glass that is on the amp. I'd make a rack with a plexi cover and etch that instead. It would also offer more flexibility with lighting. If something goes wrong on the cutting you've just ruined a piece of plexi that is easy to replace, and not the amp's tinted glass too. Don't know the details of your install and if that's feasible or not, but just my 2 cents.