Elite.65 Components Question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Kirghiz

Elite.65 Components Question

Post by Kirghiz »

What is the impedance and power handling of the Elite.65 midwoofer and tweeter independently?

I have two sets right now, and I am thinking about running the woofers in parallel as midbass off two channels, add in some midrange speakers (Looking at Morel 3.5" soft dome mids fwiw) off two other channels, then run the Elite tweeters in parallel off two channels, creating a 3 way front stage, and then rear fill off of two more channels. I'd probably be adding a Ti21000.4 to my existing Elite.4 to do this, and run the whole thing active off an Audison Bit 1 processor.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of power the comps would be seeing in this configuration, and without running the passive crossover.

Thanks
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
HectorVega

Re: Elite.65 Components Question

Post by HectorVega »

Kirghiz wrote:What is the impedance and power handling of the Elite.65 midwoofer and tweeter independently?

I have two sets right now, and I am thinking about running the woofers in parallel as midbass off two channels, add in some midrange speakers (Looking at Morel 3.5" soft dome mids fwiw) off two other channels, then run the Elite tweeters in parallel off two channels, creating a 3 way front stage, and then rear fill off of two more channels. I'd probably be adding a Ti21000.4 to my existing Elite.4 to do this, and run the whole thing active off an Audison Bit 1 processor.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of power the comps would be seeing in this configuration, and without running the passive crossover.

Thanks
Sounds like an overly complicated front stage... :shock:

I have thought of dual 2-way, but dual 3-way?

Anyway, the C1 tweeter claims a power handling of 100W RMS on its specs; this seems quite high for a tweeter, specially when two stage tweeter protection is included in the crossover design. I would say 50W RMS. Easily solved by carefully adjusting gains and/or output level settings on the Bit One.

If we take insertion loss from the passive filter into account, we can easily assume that the woofer should be able to take 125W RMS considering the specified 150W RMS power handling of the system.

I would say you should not have any problems in terms of power handling
AVICJR
Team Coach

Re: Elite.65 Components Question

Post by AVICJR »

Did you ever do this set up? I'm curious to see how the Elites will sound active?!