Xs4600 something now right

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
VW-T5

Xs4600 something now right

Post by VW-T5 »

Hi. I've recently purchased a 2nd hand xs4600 as I used to own one and love it. I've fitted some component speakers and 6x9's to it but I have no mid or bass on the right channels. It's not the speakers or the crossovers as I have tested them on the other side. I just find it's strange that the 2 rights channels are not working properly and that it's not the front 2 to or the rear 2. I even trine bridging the front left and right front but still sounded awful.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :pray:
trickyricky

Re: Xs4600 something now right

Post by trickyricky »

Can you check the dc off set for all the channels. Use a dmm set at dc voltage, each channel should be below 0.030v or 30mv. Any resistors inside discolored (especially the big resistors by the amp section.

Have you switched the RCAs to see if the left channels loose the bass/midbass? That way you can rule out the HU since you already ruled out the speakers and its connections.

Also to make sure your missing the mid-bass/bass fhz could you run some sine waves (at low volumes to prevent damage to your speakers) such as 60hz or sine sweep from 60hz-200hz to see if your in deed missing that fhz range.

Are the crossover rnetworks orginals? Could you check them out (meter set to ohm) read directly across each pins.
VW-T5

Post by VW-T5 »

I've swapped rca to rear and put the left and right are fine. It just seems to be the right front that's causing the problem. I'll take the cover off when I get time and look for any damage
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

VW-T5 wrote:I've swapped rca to rear and put the left and right are fine. It just seems to be the right front that's causing the problem. I'll take the cover off when I get time and look for any damage
does it matter if the crossover is on or off?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...