what I've been up to.

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
smgreen20

what I've been up to.

Post by smgreen20 »

I'm still here, just as usual, I don't post unless it's in humor or can actually contribute. My truck has needed some work and the least few weeks I've been trying to correct those issues.

Thought my U-joints were bad, nope. Then we thought my drive shaft was bad, nope. Now we've come to find out that it's my transfer case, the chain has stretched. A coworker overheard this and gave me a number to call. This guys friends wife, feel asleep at the wheel in their Silverado and he's parting it out, CHEAP! I was able to get:
Both front and rear drive shafts
Both door panels
Both A-pillars
Both tail light wire harnesses
And the transfer case, all for.......

Wait for it.....

Wait for it....

$180.00!

My old door panels were falling apart, no speaker grilles, a busted mount and one of the window/door lock switch plates wouldn't stay down. So yesterday I pulled off the old panels and put the newer ones on. In doing so I was able to add my NIB LANZAR TWS tweeters in the factory location along with the LANZAR MWS6.5 Mids. I'll be finishing the switch over today.

Also, I've been looking for a new/er Phoenix Gold sub, was watching the RSDc122 here that he put on eBay then removed. Contacted another member about his RSDc102,but he's only gotten back to meet once. I'm tired of waiting so I'm eyeballing an Image Dynamics IDQ10V3 D2.

The auction for IDQ ends in a few hours, if anyone else knows of someone/someplace selling a PHoto RSDc122 or RSDc102 or their new replacements, let me know. I don't have a close by PG dealer, so I'm stuck buying primarily online.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
smgreen20

Re: what I've been up to.

Post by smgreen20 »

Scrap the sub question, I won the IDQ sub so I'm set.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

You taking out your custom A-Pillars and door cards?
Boomshackalacka
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Yes sir. I'm might redo them at alater time.

Install: