Between the two, which would you choose?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
smgreen20

Between the two, which would you choose?

Post by smgreen20 »

I have a set of PG 5 1/4 Zeropoints and a set of PG 6 1/2 XS comps. Both would be ran actively, 75w to the Mids and 45w to the tweeters. It's my understanding or belief, that The Zeropoints are a bit more robust, but what I'm looking for is which one has better lowend out put? I have both sets but in tired of taking my door panels off.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: Between the two, which would you choose?

Post by kg1961 »

a 6.5" will move more air so i would say 6.5
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I'm currently running the XS set for that reason, but there's little to no low end at all. I'm going to try one more thing on the installation side of things first I guess.

The RSDc sub I bought from dako arrived yesterday so I have some tuning to do.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I would guess the 6.5's, but if the zeropoints are indeed more robust it might be a wash. I do tend to think though that cone area will win out in any case.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I am going to disagree, more cone area (Sd) does not mean it will play to lower frequencies well. Fs and Xmax will play much larger roles in how low the speaker is able to play. If cone area made that much of a difference, we wouldn't have smaller diameter subwoofers. I would look at the specifications of both speakers and see which set is more apt to play lower frequencies at higher SPL levels.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I was to lazy to post that, but yes more XMAX and less cone area could beat out less XMAX and more cone area. Specs for the zeropoint 5 set is from 80-21k. Can't find the freq response to the XS6 set. So I don't know.

Install:
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

without looking I would say about the same. just buy a 70 set of rsd 6.5 and enjoy

might I ask why the heck your not using the clarion 601's???????????
if you need a set of mine clarion's I might pull them and replace super great bass. they are not the 601 look at my profile
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport