Lack of MSRP information and product reviews

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
jimbo34

Lack of MSRP information and product reviews

Post by jimbo34 »

A search for phoenix gold online doesn't turn up any information, other than that listed on website. PASMAG has a few reviews with listed MSRP, which seem to be way out of line with a local dealer . I don't want to get taken advantage of through this process. I am fond of the equipment, especially the amps. I also want to maintain the same brand throughout my vehicle. This is extremely frustrating. This lack of information is dealer friendly and not at all consumer friendly. :naughty:
jimbo34

Re: Lack of MSRP information and product reviews

Post by jimbo34 »

Does anyone have the MSRPs for the complete 2013 line up?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I don't know of anyone that keeps a complete list of the new products prices short of dealers. You will not really find many reviews of car audio equipment all that often anymore. Most of the places that use to do them and the MSRP price lists like car audio use to have gone under now. But with that being said I have not talked to anyone that has not been impressed with the new lines. If your concerned if they have risen above the rYval line then the answer is yes, yes they have. I was a die-hard old-schooler that loved pg back when the Ms series was hot and had not been impressed with much of their new stuff until recently and now I am doing my current install(on hold from an accident) with some new gear.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

Dont get me wrong I am impressed by the equipment. The trouble comes in when PASMAG says there elite series components MSRP around $430 and dealer is telling $520 same as with the Ti 6.5 components , the dealer is saying $260 and will give me a good deal at $199. My research tells me that they are $199.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

ah ok I see. Morgan would have a list but being the busy guy he is he is not in there daily. You could try a pm to ensure he sees it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

K thanks man.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I've had that too when I was searching for new amplifiers. I knew the MSRP and when I was told that I would be getting a deal (at MSRP), I knew that the dealer wasn't being totally honest. I ended up going to another dealer that was honest with me. I even had an issue with one of the amplifiers and he did everything in his power to make it right, great customer service.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

Exactly, I dont mind paying MSRP I only want honesty. This even makes me nervous on the install. I have been taken advantage of before. Thats why I question the MSRP. Without real solid information out there and lack of Phoenix Gold dealers im my area ,it makes the process all the more stressful.
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

Hos do i get in touch with Morgan (user name)?
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

jimbo34 wrote:Hos do i get in touch with Morgan (user name)?

PM MW3 or email him, he may take a little time to respond, but always comes thru. 8)
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

Thx man
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

When I first read your post I thought you were whining, but if a dealer is quoting prices like that, I now think you have a legitimate gripe, but not so much with Phoenix Gold.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

Its not the product . I love the product. I believe a local dealer is taking advantage of the lack of information out there. I dont want to pay top dollar for mid level gear. It's hard to find pricing info to compare.
jimbo34

Post by jimbo34 »

After 6 months of deciding a direction to go i have chosen to go with PG. The nearest dealer is 8 miles away after that it's a 100 miles away. The product line is amazing. I am dead set on going with PG. I have had focal , they can where you out with there brightness, and jl audio couldn't keep up with my listening demands. I like PG speakers high power handling and those amps are something to marvel at.