LPL44 V LC2i Low pass level control

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
London-Guy

LPL44 V LC2i Low pass level control

Post by London-Guy »

Hi there Guys this is my first post on this site so please go easy on me LOL in my install i have a Audio Control LC2i that has a low level cotrol knob that works in much the same way the LPL44 does with the Phoenix Gold AX406. What I would like to know is Can I change the pinout of the LC2i controler to work with my AX406 ? Because with the factory pinout it will not work.

Thanks
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: LPL44 V LC2i Low pass level control

Post by ttocs »

no reason you can't switch them around if you want but I have an extra lpl I can sell ya to save the trouble. This is assuming that the potentiometer(the knob) has the same ratings. They are rated in an ohms-rating as well as how they taper the impedence as you turn it. Some of them are linear where it just goes up in a straight line like you would expect but there are also exponential tapers that means it gets much much higher with out turning the knob as far. As long as they are exactly the same and you swap the pins correctly sure no problem.

Like I said if you want to buy one pm me and I will hook ya up.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
London-Guy

Post by London-Guy »

Thanks for the quick reply I have pluged the AC control into the ax406 and it did not work .I dont know if this is because the pinout is wrong or if it is just not compatible ? The AC controler has a led also so it may well be a case of a pinout change in order to get it working.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

hopefully you didn't do any damage to it as its obviously not the right piece. Honestly you would be lucky if they both happened to have the exact same specs, and with out that you are either risking the 406 or it will just sound bad. Like I said be happy to ship ya one over if you can't find one on that side of the pond. I don't mind filling out a customs form to send a "gift".
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.