I wanna work on stuff

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
nutxo

I wanna work on stuff

Post by nutxo »

But the weather sucks and I don't have a garage.

Sometimes WA sucks.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: I wanna work on stuff

Post by ttocs »

yea I know how bad this can be, but use it too your advantage. Make a list, a complete list of everything you want too do and take the time to think about how you can do it/bigger/stronger/better. I too hate the fact that I do not get too work on my car as much as I would like but I try to use it too my opportunity by making sure everything is planned out well when I do get time. Because of my stomach crap I spend more time planning now then working, it drives me nuts honestly but the extra time spent planning does allow me to get everything ready to be done when the time comes. Been wanting to complete the project I am on now for the past 2 days but have not felt well enough. Now hopefully tomorrow I can and now have a plan and all the parts together for it...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

ttocs wrote:yea I know how bad this can be, but use it too your advantage. Make a list, a complete list of everything you want too do and take the time to think about how you can do it/bigger/stronger/better. I too hate the fact that I do not get too work on my car as much as I would like but I try to use it too my opportunity by making sure everything is planned out well when I do get time. Because of my stomach crap I spend more time planning now then working, it drives me nuts honestly but the extra time spent planning does allow me to get everything ready to be done when the time comes. Been wanting to complete the project I am on now for the past 2 days but have not felt well enough. Now hopefully tomorrow I can and now have a plan and all the parts together for it...
We have a super old garage I dotn really trust in a windstorm. I think I need to get busy and clean it out so I can at least pull it in and do things.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

see I have a clean/dry place to work, just not all that often that I feel well enough to work at it. I have too keep a list of what needs too be done as well as what has been done to keep it all straight with as slow as I move on it.
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

ttocs wrote:see I have a clean/dry place to work, just not all that often that I feel well enough to work at it. I have too keep a list of what needs too be done as well as what has been done to keep it all straight with as slow as I move on it.
Very soon I have a decent project to start. I need to pull out a good portion of my old wiring from my system last year. Build a new box and amp rack. Rewire a bunch of stuff. Put in the new alternator. Possibly put in a new deck and maybe have to do soem fiberglass to get some tweets and maybe mids into the A pillars.

Im also starting the new engine soon. Hopefully Ill have that all together by spring or summer.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am still rebuilding after my wreck in july. Currently I am doing a wire tuck and smoothing out the engine bay at the moment. I had to move the fuse box into the fender to clean it up but trying to keep access to it through some kind of clean looking access door/panel. Just about ready to weld in the panels too smooth it all out, so glad I decided to learn to weld this year....