Message out to all PG employees...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
whitenoise

Post by whitenoise »

Yep ONES are . And everybody chill it's a 9 channel it still needs to be adjusted lol they will not provide a amp that doesn't meet The very top standard and I'm still thinking 2016 batch but what do I know
3 MS2250 1 for wall art. 2 ms1000ta installed 8 PG TI10" installed
3 sets of TI 5" comps 2 TI 9" installed ever changing never resting
caraudiotech

Re: Message out to all PG employees...

Post by caraudiotech »

Update....
Sorry to be the vouce of bad news but I had to scrap production for the ZEN9 this week. As I had stated earlier we planned on starting production on the 20th but after many attempts to resolve some crosstalk issues I was not comfortable with the results. This is a flagship piece and the first with my name on it. It will be perfect or it won't be complete. I've inlisted the assistance of the master Steven Mantz to do a complete new board arrangement and this will take a little time. Next target production date is Dec 11th, but that will be tught with a new board and proper testing so I'm letting the date out...bit only 50% sure that will be a true production date. Anyway. Thanks for holding in there for us and we WILL not stop making this amp a reality.
John "Boyee" Catalano
Phoenix Gold and Stinger Senior Global Marketing Manager
AAMP Global

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ----- Ferris Bueller
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

oh man I thought at first you were not going to make it at all. I just sold my elite.5 since I would not need it if upgrading to this. The die-hards have no problem waiting for a quality made piece.... Still ready to give a deposit...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Is the board a multilayer pbc?
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

ttocs wrote:oh man I thought at first you were not going to make it at all. I just sold my elite.5 since I would not need it if upgrading to this. The die-hards have no problem waiting for a quality made piece.... Still ready to give a deposit...
Call Cartronix in Valparaiso, IN. Eric is the owner, tell him Phil Gibbs told you to call.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

seems insane I have to drive hours away to put money down on a high dollar piece but I have literally tried every way possible to do so and just keep getting no where... Right now I am way to busy getting fucked around by our insurance trying to make sure my mother is taken care of to do so but thanks I will be in touch with him when I can.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

ttocs wrote:seems insane I have to drive hours away to put money down on a high dollar piece but I have literally tried every way possible to do so and just keep getting no where... Right now I am way to busy getting fucked around by our insurance trying to make sure my mother is taken care of to do so but thanks I will be in touch with him when I can.
What is more insane is that no one will be getting one anytime soon so you have plenty of time to figure it out. Then I was told that they were going to send me something for my patience for it taking so long. I am still waiting for that as well.
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

I really wish they would evaluate how products are released and service................
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
dako

Post by dako »

Gotta wonder if AAMP/PG ever got their marketing position filled... I see sporadic posts here and there on Twitter and Instagram, but where's the actual product to be purchased?! Kind of sad when you have to run RSDC subs forever because it's virtually impossible to get anything from the new Elite product line.
2007 Scion Tc
Kenwood DDX9907XR
JL Audio TwK88
JL Audio HD900/5
Morel Virtus 602
IDQ12 V.4 D2 Sealed
Weaklink

Post by Weaklink »

Yea I thought I'd heard a promise of more involvement a little while ago. We got a push for a sec then it was back to the same old in the dark. Guess not much really changed. :cry:
2008 toy tundra
Kenwood dnx-9980hd
Hertz hi energy 3-way
Hertz hi energy coax
M50 ser# M500001
M25 ser#M2500001
Outlaw x3
Bandit x4
Route 66 x2
M100x3
M44x2
M50 x4
M25 x5
Powercore 15
Ti Basscube
And other goodies
hot9dog

Post by hot9dog »

And the sound of crickets could be heard across this post. Small glimpses of hope were the theme not too long ago.....it's a ghost ship now, who is the captain??? I will never give up or sell my Elite amps, I take these items with me, cherished gifts of a short love affair.....
Farewell Phoenix Gold, I have a new love now.
John-
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

hot9dog wrote:And the sound of crickets could be heard across this post. Small glimpses of hope were the theme not too long ago.....it's a ghost ship now, who is the captain??? I will never give up or sell my Elite amps, I take these items with me, cherished gifts of a short love affair.....
Farewell Phoenix Gold, I have a new love now.
John-
Amen brutha....

One of the greatest brands swallowed up by greed...........

And companys wonder why they lose followers and close up and ask whats the problem w our brand.....

Yalls managing skill set fuckin sux!
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

caraudiotech wrote:Update....
Sorry to be the vouce of bad news but I had to scrap production for the ZEN9 this week. As I had stated earlier we planned on starting production on the 20th but after many attempts to resolve some crosstalk issues I was not comfortable with the results. This is a flagship piece and the first with my name on it. It will be perfect or it won't be complete. I've inlisted the assistance of the master Steven Mantz to do a complete new board arrangement and this will take a little time. Next target production date is Dec 11th, but that will be tught with a new board and proper testing so I'm letting the date out...bit only 50% sure that will be a true production date. Anyway. Thanks for holding in there for us and we WILL not stop making this amp a reality.
I personally thought it was a pipe dream to go from sending an email to someone to design a completely new amp board the end of oct and starting a production run a little less then 2 months later. Its nothing new in the car audio world for a product to get delayed delayed delayed and even then sometimes in the rush to try and get it out it is less then perfect. Personally its not a big deal I can wait. How long? Dunno.....
ezamps

Post by ezamps »

Truly unbelievable that the layout was so poor that crosstalk numbers weren't stellar. 20 years experience in audio amplifier layout. I have Altium Designer.

Yes I logged in for the first time in eons to post this one thing.

Aaron Hammett
Envision Electronics Design, LLC
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

So, anyone from PG ever check in here anymore?
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

No. But they are on the Facebook group. Eric I know you and several others are not. I am in direct communication with Rebecca Fournie, the global marketing manager. Anything you'd like me to discuss with her? PM me maybe. As for the zen9, I did get some info when they interviewed me for the product manager position but they hired someone else so who knows what has transpired since then. I just know that it's not supposed to be mentioned, as they asked me to remove it from the registry that I created.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

remove the 9 from the registry? funny as of maybe 2 months ago rebecca said she would put me in contact with a dealer to see about taking a deposit for the 9. No one ever did call
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

It was about 2 months ago that she asked me to remove it from the registry for now. That was when I asked for them to look it over and let me know if there's anything that was an issue with PG or AAMP. The two corrections were: remove the zen9 for now and they wanted their official logo used at the top of the page (not just a generic script that I had).
NOT 2 OLD YET

Post by NOT 2 OLD YET »

vwdude wrote:It was about 2 months ago that she asked me to remove it from the registry for now. That was when I asked for them to look it over and let me know if there's anything that was an issue with PG or AAMP. The two corrections were: remove the zen9 for now and they wanted their official logo used at the top of the page (not just a generic script that I had).
Sounds to me like they want to take over what you created. But let you do all the work.
Collection And Still Growing:
M-100, 50,2,44s, and 25
RT 66 #0840, Outlaw#1005, Bandit#1884, MQ430
MS2125, MS275, MS 2250 W/shroud 3MPS2500, 2 MPS2240 Custom MPS4740
EQ215, EQ215ix,EQ 230 W/TBAt, ZX600TI, 400TI, TI500.4
2 PLD1, MX2, 2 Leather Team PG Jackets
TBA (Dealer Display Empty Guts)10'XS Subs
AX204, 406 (New In Box)
Eclipse ECD413 + DSP1001 , 2 JL 8W6
Installed: PG MPS2500 and Modified By PG MQ430
ZBB34TI With ZRDT3, and RMD
Audison Bit 10
PG Elite and Sapphire 6.5 Comps
JL 13TW5 subs
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

eh I find it more interesting that they have asked the 9 be taken off. THIS MEANS SOMETHING.....
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ttocs wrote:eh I find it more interesting that they have asked the 9 be taken off. THIS MEANS SOMETHING.....
said it before and I will say it again they can't get it to work to many channel nosie ect im sure of it
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I'm trying not to over analyze it. Are they waiting to get it right before releasing? Did they shit-can it? I don't know. They asked me to remove it for now, so I did it. Was using their logo a way for them to take credit for my work? Maybe, but anyone that reads the front page will know that it's not them that did the work, and they sure as shit aren't paying to keep the domain nor are they paying me to keep it up to date.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I was at the local Phoenix gold dealer three weeks ago, he pulled up the most recent price list that he received two weeks prior to my visit. The Zen 9 was on there at an MSRP of $2,950.00 iirc.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

when?
caraudiotech

Post by caraudiotech »

It just passed final validation for production last week.. I'll update with a real ETA once production starts.
John "Boyee" Catalano
Phoenix Gold and Stinger Senior Global Marketing Manager
AAMP Global

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ----- Ferris Bueller