M100 Rev. Question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Shinju

M100 Rev. Question

Post by Shinju »

What rev is this M100 all the ones I have ever owned and seen have had the gold exposed trace boards.

This one looks the same but with different resisters near the torrid and green board coating.

And I will need a new speaker/power terminal if any of you have some extra's laying around let me know! These are pretty beat up!

My current M100

M100 that I am used to seeing (taken from ampguts)

Last edited by Shinju on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gridracer
RIP

Re: M100 Rev. Question

Post by gridracer »

The bottom pic is 1 of my my M100's I believe, Eric modded it like that the originals have 6 caps. I have a brand new speaker terminal here it's black though. You could dye your power terminal black to match.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
tonym

Post by tonym »

first few hundred were green boards....both mine are all green...my outlaw is gold though :)

Veleks can tell you the revisions
marko

Post by marko »

doesn't really matter how many caps go in there as long as there's enough capacitance to do the job, could of used 2x 6800uf caps and job done. purists will like to see 6 caps but who cares when the lid is on?
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

rev should be indicated here under power terminal IIRC
Attachments
M100 REV.jpg
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

Matt, I looked in that spot there is not a Rev number stamped under the term.

Not a super.big deal just curious if someone had an idea on when this one was built.
tonym

Post by tonym »

it was within the first few hundred built from what I was told..
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Shinju wrote:Matt, I looked in that spot there is not a Rev number stamped under the term.

Not a super.big deal just curious if someone had an idea on when this one was built.
I have 7 M100's and every one of them the rev version is where Matt circled right under the torroid just in front of the metal bracket that the power terminal screws onto.
The last one of mine I looked at is a REV A and has the gold plated board, like all my others so maybe just the gold plated boards have the REV version there.

valeks1

Post by valeks1 »

Nothing wrong with this green board this is one of the first 200-300 boards. Green boards were built here in the USA and gold board in Taiwan. Who put two caps instead of six on that gold plated amplifier? That was a bad idea better to have six smaller caps.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

valeks1 wrote:Nothing wrong with this green board this is one of the first 200-300 boards. Green boards were built here in the USA and gold board in Taiwan. Who put two caps instead of six on that gold plated amplifier? That was a bad idea better to have six smaller caps.
Eric did that I have since changed it back to 6 caps.

tonym

Post by tonym »

valeks1 wrote:Nothing wrong with this green board this is one of the first 200-300 boards. Green boards were built here in the USA and gold board in Taiwan.
I have driven 1 of my m100's(bought it new myself) like a race car in the red since early 90's ....only problem has been the rca jacket came off....is one board better than the other? green boards didnt have any rev's done to them I would think? Do you update the green board m100's to the same as the glod plated boards?
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

Shinju wrote:Matt, I looked in that spot there is not a Rev number stamped under the term.

i just guessing but it seems to me that if that's the very first run of that amp then maybe it would'nt have a board rev letter on it because think about it if it's the first of that amp, then what can they revise it from the design table or what? :hmm:
(Phoenix Gold) "Triple-Darlington High Definition Amplifier" (Rockford Fosjunk) "Triple-Distortion No Definition Amp on Fire"