ipad to car amplifier setup

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dbjury

ipad to car amplifier setup

Post by dbjury »

Hey

An Ipad mini as a car stereo is an interesting concept to me, being that I listen to my iphone through to my stereo anyhow. Is there anything that would give me great outputs towards an amplifier, currently using the alpine 9887.... I run an active 3-way setup which I'd like to keep that way.

Maybe a digital input processor of sorts? so I can control everything, I believe the ipad can output digital output.

anyone done anything, know of anything??
BMW 2006 530D E60
(yet to fit) Alpine 9887 CD/Ipod/Reciever: Boston Acoustics ZX6: Boston Acoustics SPG-555: Phoenix Gold ELITE .5
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: ipad to car amplifier setup

Post by ttocs »

Sony is making decks that allow you to put a ipad mini infront of it and still have full controls of it through a mirror-app. People have also been doing ipad installs just depends on how much you want to customize your dash really. I think there are companies now making universal fit kits for the ipad that allow you to trim/glue it in place and then fill/sand smooth.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:I think there are companies now making universal fit kits for the ipad that allow you to trim/glue it in place and then fill/sand smooth.
This company makes some of that. Some companies are using a magnetic mounting system, but I question what having magnets so close to an ipad will do for the longevity of the device, namely the touch screen.

http://www.fifieldfabrications.com/
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

These kits were in design for some time now and I have not yet heard anything bad about them. I am sure if they were harming the ipads, the manf would know by now. The video for the first ipad mini installed went live the day after it came out.
dbjury

Post by dbjury »

I've found mounting options but not important to me compared to connection. Ill check out Sony though I'm not a fan. I did hear and judge a Sony competition system years back which was good. But otherwise not too impressed with their stuff.
BMW 2006 530D E60
(yet to fit) Alpine 9887 CD/Ipod/Reciever: Boston Acoustics ZX6: Boston Acoustics SPG-555: Phoenix Gold ELITE .5
dbjury

Post by dbjury »

Oh I found something.

Pure i20 adapter then feeds an audison bit 10 processor

Anyone used these processors?

Prob exactly what I was after.
BMW 2006 530D E60
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Sony fell off the map for a while there but they dropped the explode BS and I have been hearing good things about them again from dealers. Audison is good stuff no doubt...