zpa 0.5 vs ppi pc 2350

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
oldschoolpgfan1

zpa 0.5 vs ppi pc 2350

Post by oldschoolpgfan1 »

What amp is better a zpa 0.5 or a ppi pc2350 At a 4 ohm mono load. More watts and sound?
vwdude

Re: zpa 0.5 vs ppi pc 2350

Post by vwdude »

Ha I've got both. Never used the 2350 as I just finished restoring it recently but it will be a display piece. I think the 2350 is a little more powerful and the heatsink design is much more efficient than the ZPA amps too. I've worked on both and I actually like working on the 2350 more as well, less chance to damaging the vias on the board for some reason.

I think the 0.5 draws less current and I personally have no need for the kind of power that they put out, hence why I'm using all ZPA0.5. I have also heard that the ZPA0.5 is optimal for components (but I've heard great things about the 2350 on components as well).

It would honestly be a toss up. If the 0.5 isn't powerful enough then I'd give a 2350 a try.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
oldschoolpgfan1

I think I'm gonna try and sell some recapped 0.5's and go to the 2350 ' s I just had bad luck with the Zpa for years running them as bass amps. If I could sell a couple viper d2500.1 for cheap and a couple zpa 0.5's for dirt cheap I'd but the 2350 ' s I don't care really if I take a loss. I just want my car done and finished. Still haven't put it back together and I think the 2350 woukd be more reliable and more output at 4ohms. All I need are 2 of them. If anyone's interested p.m. me.
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

What about a ti1000.2/1200.1 for big AB power? Otherwise, if it doesn't have to be super clean, the big ass audiobahn A2300HC high current amps make a nice pile of power. I think MA audio made a monster AB high current sub amp too. Maybe 3000 RMS at like 1 ohm? It wasn't as clean as the audiobahn though, and none of them would be as clean as the Ti's or the PPI's. They are available cheap though.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

No offense but audiobahn and MA audio should not be in the conversation with these amps.

What kind of bad luck have you had with your amps? Over heating issues or what?

I'd offer a trade but I haven't had a chance to test my 2350 yet and right now all of my equipment is in storage. It did get all new PS caps, PS FETs and resistors plus new PWMs. Basically a whole new power supply. It is also beefed up as compared to a factory amp. If you can wait about a month for me to test it I can offer a trade.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Do the ppi it has a nice xover and normally more reliable than the zpa
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
oldschoolpgfan1

Idk. I have sold 2 of the not so best shaped and worked on ZPA amps and had semi negative feedback. Either it's the bias or just faulty things here and there. To me the crossover cards and bypass cards always rattled loose and just seem Un reliable. I have 3 zpa 0.5 amps that are totally restored from altser and one zpa 0.5 that needs new caps. I'd like to sell 2 amps that were recapped for 250.00 and the vipers for 200.00. All I want to keep is the other 2 0.5 that needs recapped and another one. I will just use those for wall art. Would be willing to also sell 2 tbat line drivers but only if amps sell for 45.00 I'd be willing to trade vw dude a zpa and a tbat for the 2350 but time is of the essence. There is a guy selling 2 2350 amps and my car is at a buddy's getting the trunk re done with the vipers but I'd rather do the ppi amps honestly. I hate class d. No matter what anyone says I CAN tell the difference. This all has to happen very soon or I can't do it.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

oldschoolpgfan1 wrote:Idk. I have sold 2 of the not so best shaped and worked on ZPA amps and had semi negative feedback. Either it's the bias or just faulty things here and there. To me the crossover cards and bypass cards always rattled loose and just seem Un reliable. I have 3 zpa 0.5 amps that are totally restored from altser and one zpa 0.5 that needs new caps. I'd like to sell 2 amps that were recapped for 250.00 and the vipers for 200.00. All I want to keep is the other 2 0.5 that needs recapped and another one. I will just use those for wall art. Would be willing to also sell 2 tbat line drivers but only if amps sell for 45.00 I'd be willing to trade vw dude a zpa and a tbat for the 2350 but time is of the essence. There is a guy selling 2 2350 amps and my car is at a buddy's getting the trunk re done with the vipers but I'd rather do the ppi amps honestly. I hate class d. No matter what anyone says I CAN tell the difference. This all has to happen very soon or I can't do it.

If you have a 0.5 for 250.00 then I'll take one of them for sure....let me know.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I might do one too.