Part #

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
RayBuck

Part #

Post by RayBuck »

Ok guys I swear I have been paying attention I have 8 amps that I need the caps changed out 2 2250's 2 2125's 2 275's 1 430 and a zx350 I have looked for the part # for the caps but can't find them...I would like to get caps that look as close to the factory ones that I can. :oops:
trickyricky

Re: Part #

Post by trickyricky »

Panasonic FC caps are the same exact colors as the originals (dark blue with gold lettering). Make sure you check the dimensions, don't order them too tall or too wide where you can't fit them.....or worse pretty thin where they look like pencils sticking out of the board.

When doing the MS/MPS you will need to replace all the insulator pads as they usually get destroyed upon removal of board. Replace the rail caps as well since your going to be taking them apart, hell replace all the wet caps.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Thanks for the reply Ricky...the thing is I don't want to order the wrong ones and I need over 60 of them I was hoping that someone would have the exact part number. I did dot plan on doing the rail caps but I could I guess (I haven't changed any caps before) and your saying to change all of the caps including the little ones (35v 10 uf ) (25v 100 uf ) all this is sounding a little over my skill level. I have one of my MS 275s apart and was going to start off with it and leave the 2250's for last. Now I am felling a little discouraged.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Whitenoise got a MPS2500 from me that was fully recapped. I've gotten a MS2125 that the rail caps had leaked from the top and almost damaged the plexi.

If your going to be replacing caps then your going to have to learn how to read the data-sheets and measure. Not all caps are the same size as you already know, I believe all MS/MPS are 30mm in height and 30mm in diameter for the rails and 16-18mm for the b+ filter. Then you have to keep in mind the lead spacing, measure that as well and check the data sheet to make sure your ordering the right ones.

You don't have to change the little caps....I do because am already there and have a nice Hakko de-soldering tool that makes life much easier when it comes to removing caps or daughter boards (multi pin components such as op amps and other ic's).

Now many experts here know not to recommend ANYONE who doesn't have experience to replace the rail caps and that's because you COULD damage the through hole via's....these are not as easy as the filter caps unless you have experience then they are a piece of cake to remove.

Again keep in mind to order insulators for the semi's that are attached to the heat sink...you will have to check the data sheets to make sure you order the right size insulators as well, last thing you want is to get TO220 size.
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

PS caps: panasonic eeu fc1c822
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3