Do I need to replace the caps on my old ti800.1?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
machinemike

Do I need to replace the caps on my old ti800.1?

Post by machinemike »

I am going to be replacing the caps in two zx450s, I also have an old ti800.1, want to know if they have bad caps too, I can do all three at the same time if that is the case. By the way when I say I am doing the caps I really mean is am going to have my friend who is an EE do the soldering for me so the work will be done right.
Current project: 2003 dodge ram 2500 qclb 4x4 h.o. diesel 6 speed
Planning to use most of my old stuff and buy some new.
Kicker r25 tweets with silver flute 6.5s front and rear active running off two zx450s. Two mid 90s 12" kicker comp vr subs that I need to replace the surrounds on running off ti800.1, may swap out to zx500, still need to get a cap and various other stuff.
Drock

Re: Do I need to replace the caps on my old ti800.1?

Post by Drock »

No, the ti amps are fine. But zx yes
machinemike

Post by machinemike »

Thanks. Saw a thread about somebody doing caps.on a zx475ti and was concerned.
Kicker r25 tweets with silver flute 6.5s front and rear active running off two zx450s. Two mid 90s 12" kicker comp vr subs that I need to replace the surrounds on running off ti800.1, may swap out to zx500, still need to get a cap and various other stuff.
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

machinemike wrote:Thanks. Saw a thread about somebody doing caps.on a zx475ti and was concerned.
in some of those amps you'll find the old Panasonic caps simular like in the zx series...replace them.............

if there are nichicon caps in there, you can leave them in.............or replace them while you're busy with the other amps.....

cleaning up the heatsinks and refreshing the cooling pasta is better ............

watch out for the zx series you don't damage the flexboardconnectors and the led's on top............
machinemike

Post by machinemike »

Thanks for the advice. I asked in a different post what thermal paste should I use?, was thinking of using arctic silver. Also should I get solder wick with or without flux?