Bridging ti1600.5?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Helpingfriendly

Bridging ti1600.5?

Post by Helpingfriendly »

Can someone please tell me the correct way to bridge the front and rear channels of the ti1600.5? I'm confused about the rca pre outs. Right now I'm using y splitters. Does it matter where they go? Also how should the 2,4,5 ch selector switch be set? My components sound like the mids are really scooped
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Bridging ti1600.5?

Post by ttocs »

I have not had a close look at the amp. You say pre-outs? If it has pre outs, the rca pre outs are only used if your daisy chaining your amps together meaning you have more then one and have nothing to do with bridging. We would need more info about your system to tell you how to set the switches.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Helpingfriendly

Im sorry. I meant pre ins
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

maybe I am missing it but i do not see a 2-3 4 channel selector here?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/71827 ... e=5#manual

that pic also shows under the speaker outputs what to use if your bridging it. If your using splitters the only thing you would loose is the ability to balance/fade to each individual speaker but if your bridging it that will not matter anyway.
Helpingfriendly

That's the ti2. Mine is the first one. Ti1600.5
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

input selector - This is just where you tell the amp how many rca's you want to run to it. This gives you the ability to run the amp off of a single pair of rca's(2 channel) or up to 3 pairs(5 channel). You can ditch the splitters(plural) and just plug in the single pair you have into front left/right and set the switch to 2 channel and it will separate the signal internally to the other portions of the amp. You mention bridging though and I am not sure what output you want to bridge to what speaker. There is an advantage to running more pairs of rca's if your deck or eq has more outputs as it will give you the change to balance/fade to each individual speaker, or if your deck has a variable sub output its nice to be able to adjust the subs volume from the deck.