MS2125 Original question...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
phoenix_rising

MS2125 Original question...

Post by phoenix_rising »

Hi Guys, nice quick question for you...

Did PG ever make any MS2125 originals that 'DIDNT' have the Slave\Master jack ports on them? And did the plexi's come with the originals as standard? Any clarification on this would be great...

Oh and lastly... how do you distinguish between the ZX version 1 and 2? Is it written on them or do you need to count the fan blades like the zpa?

Thanks guys.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

The new V2 ZX amps had ZX xxx V2 right on the cover. For a while though they upgraded the V1 amps to V2 for free, and although I have heard that others got a new cover, all of mine I sent in at the time came back with the same cover they left with.

Can't help on the rest of your Q's, but I think there is something in the PG info link at the top of this section that talks about some MS amps having the slave jack and some not. It might have been in the FAQ, but I think it was in one of the tips and tricks sections...
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Thanks for the help with the ZX mate, very helpful... just looking for some clarification on my MS question now... i took your advice and checked the FAQ which quotes:

'we eliminated this feature (Slave\Master ports) on later model MS amplifiers. The switch can be in either position and has no effect on performance if this feature is not used.'

But by 'later' do they mean later revisions of the ORIGINAL MS range or the Tenth Anniversary models???? Anyone know? Does anyone have an MS original that dosnt have the slave\master ports? And did the plexi's come as standard on the MS2125 original??
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

Jacampb2 wrote:The new V2 ZX amps had ZX xxx V2 right on the cover. For a while though they upgraded the V1 amps to V2 for free, and although I have heard that others got a new cover, all of mine I sent in at the time came back with the same cover they left with.
The one I sent in at the time came back with same cover (with the V2 aded to the front cover.) I also had a ZX450v2, but it didn't say it on the front cover, just in the serial number.
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

Cheers guys... anyone know anything about the ms2125 questions?
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

There were original MS series amps (not 10th Anniversary) without the master/slave feature. I don't remember the exact time when the master/slave feature was dropped but I'll guess mid 90's. Plexi cover didn't come standard.

Any V2 ZX series amp should either have 'V2' in the serial number or if it was updated it should have a 'V2' sticker added. If a V1 amp was in for service and the plexi windows were glued in, the cover was replaced with the newer style where the windows were secured to the cover using standoffs/nuts.
phoenix_rising

Post by phoenix_rising »

~Cheers mate, thats the reply i needed. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone that chipped in and has helped me get to the bottom of this...;)
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

yes the rev c boards and later didnt come with master or slave
it was removed from the board
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!