elite 12 or ti 15??

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
scorpio86

elite 12 or ti 15??

Post by scorpio86 »

ya read da title.. will be run off a tantrum 1200.1. am leaning towards a pair of tantrum 8s in kicks for midbass. probably wont do competitions. but i want good low authorative subbass. leaning towards sq.. any input appreciated!
Have no fear, only uncertainty!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

RSD comp. ;)
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

lol, you are completely sold on them arent ya stip? i mean im not dogging them at all cuz ive never heard 'em. i jus dont kno wut ta hell i wanna do lol. elite 12s are kinda cheap right now. ive got a friend i can get a ti15 off of. (ive never had a 15). but im not against comps.. lol then what.. ohh great rsdc man.. what should i run off the t1200.1 ?? :idiot: :beer: :bong:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Elite 12D is DVC 4 ohm (closer to 3 ohm in practice), so it will be a low impedance for your Tantrum (amp will get HOT). They get nasty low, but are horribly inefficient. An RSD comp would be louder on the same power. If you had two Tantrum 1200.1's, you could put one on each coil of an Elite... that is pretty much unbeatable.

The regular Ti woofers have punch, but I found them a bit boomy.

If it were me with a T1200.1, I would run two RSDC12D4's at 4 ohms.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

stipud wrote:Elite 12D is DVC 4 ohm (closer to 3 ohm in practice), so it will be a low impedance for your Tantrum (amp will get HOT). They get nasty low, but are horribly inefficient. An RSD comp would be louder on the same power. If you had two Tantrum 1200.1's, you could put one on each coil of an Elite... that is pretty much unbeatable.

The regular Ti woofers have punch, but I found them a bit boomy.

If it were me with a T1200.1, I would run two RSDC12D4's at 4 ohms.
\

quoted for truth
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

so running it at 6ohm would not be enough power? ( benched at 1506rms at 4) what will have more output.. a pair of 12's or 3 10's.. ?? (obviously cone area but still) what are the box specs on the comps? and would you still run midbass drivers or just the rsd comps??
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Just get this

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_in ... cts_id=681

Nah, but in all seriousness, the tempest should be considered. Would slam in a sealed box.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_in ... cts_id=652
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

fs of 18.6 mack?? dats nice 8)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

scorpio86 wrote:fs of 18.6 mack?? dats nice 8)
Low end monters 8) Cant wait to get my setup completed.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Necessity of midbass drivers depends on your choice of front stage just as much as the subwoofer. If you're running 4" mids from 500Hz up, then you will need midbass :P

RSD Comps blend really well with typical components though...
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

well i do have an older err old set of boston pro 4.2 comps :-P lol but i hadnt decided if i was going to use them.. and yeah i would need midbass for them. if they could fit in my lil mach pod then id run 'em but otherwise probably not.. a 5.25 comp in a ford 5x7 hole.
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

they seem kinda cheap though mack for what they're suppose to do? i wanna hear about your setup first lol :D
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I had a pair of the TI15's and they got rowdy!!!!!! I ran both off a Ta1200.1 in a sealed box. Sounded awesome. The lows hit hard. Maybe alittle boomy but not as much as ya might think and song dependant at that.

To choose from just those woofers.........15 on that 1200.1....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

see id like to run a pair of them.. but it will be in the tire well of a convert trunk car. i think the highest point ive got is some 14inches give or take a half. so it will have to be mounted facing up and as i said kind of in the tire well. and it will probably be a pain because ill have to build the box in the car.. but still lol see if he would come off a dvc i thought about running it 8ohm just to help limit the power.. and ensure plenty of headroom.. but alas.. only an svc he'll come off of.. so itll get all of 1500rms at 4. with a bass cube..
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

scorpio86 wrote:they seem kinda cheap though mack for what they're suppose to do? i wanna hear about your setup first lol :D
These drivers have been around for years, even before any rsd equipment was even thought of. If you ever remember the company adire, that is all these drivers were based off of. Cheap, not even close. They have long ago proven themselves as performers .
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

2 words for ya----------

FIBER GLASS
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

two words for ya... never dunnit!
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

If I can fiberglass, you definitely can!
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

i mean.. like my sig says.. i have no fear of doing.. just uncertainty from never doing... lol
culzero

Post by culzero »

I'd go with the 12d Elite on the T1200.1 but thats just my 2cents. I ran that set up for over a year and had no problems with heat. The low end was just insane. But if you don't have a good electrical system or stout box you can just forget it.

I'm getting ready to run 4 12d Elites on 6000W RMS power so my opinion may be a little biased :D :lol:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Do you get CA&e????? The last 3 months have had step by step instruc's on how to do FG. Door panels, sub enclosures and kicks..... I'd be worth finding those to get a good idea about where to start.....

I'm in NO WAY a pro or even good at it but all it takes is getting yer hands dirty to get the feel for it........and alot of bondo and sanding.......
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

http://phoenixphorum.com/simple-fibergl ... ight=glass

This link helped me with glassing for the first time.
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

good lookin' out ya'll. appreciate the references. now is decision time.. lol
denim

Post by denim »

Surprised I don't see more posts on the Xenon subs.
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

well i wont mind listenin' if ya wanna talk bout 'em denim.. havent heard them either..