what is the difference between a mps2500 and ms2125?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
wash with gasoline

what is the difference between a mps2500 and ms2125?

Post by wash with gasoline »

i know the ms2125 has more power, but they look about the same inside to my untrained eye. sorry if its a dumb question
dry with match
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

search the manuals and it will answer all your q's....mps is the low ohm version of the ms series...
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

And I got a nice one for sale :wink:

that is a hell of a nice cheater amp...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

the mps is stable to 1/4 ohm stereo and rated at 2ohm bridge while the ms is stable to 2ohm stereo and rated at 4ohm bridge. they make around 500 watts at there rated bridge. the ms makes around 700 watts at 2ohm if you are careful, what is the lowest ohm load the mps is happy driving in bridge? and how much power does it put out? thanks, im just curious
dry with match
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

About 20 volts of rail voltage on each rail and a different bias circuitry mod to accommodate a improved bias temp control, and of course more wire on the toroid core for the 2125, and rail caps are larger value on the 2500 then the 2125. and few resistors in each channel that setup proper operation at the different rail supply. Oh and the final op-amp stage has a different gain set.

but this all just off the top of my head I am sure I could detail more with time... :)
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

1moreamp wrote:About 20 volts of rail voltage on each rail and a different bias circuitry mod to accommodate a improved bias temp control, and of course more wire on the toroid core for the 2125, and rail caps are larger value on the 2500 then the 2125. and few resistors in each channel that setup proper operation at the different rail supply. Oh and the final op-amp stage has a different gain set.

but this all just off the top of my head I am sure I could detail more with time... :)
I am familiar with all of this, aside from the different bias circuitry. Is it just different values in the bias portion of the amp, or is it a totally different circuit? I have noticed many MS amps to have unused parts of the board which still have traces and silk screening, but I have never figured out what these were for, maybe a different bias circuit is their use and I never realized it.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

I hope i am not the only one :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Eric D wrote:
1moreamp wrote:About 20 volts of rail voltage on each rail and a different bias circuitry mod to accommodate a improved bias temp control, and of course more wire on the toroid core for the 2125, and rail caps are larger value on the 2500 then the 2125. and few resistors in each channel that setup proper operation at the different rail supply. Oh and the final op-amp stage has a different gain set.

I am familiar with all of this, aside from the different bias circuitry. Is it just different values in the bias portion of the amp, or is it a totally different circuit? I have noticed many MS amps to have unused parts of the board which still have traces and silk screening, but I have never figured out what these were for, maybe a different bias circuit is their use and I never realized it.

The empty components were either left out for engineering reason I.E. stability was fine without it, or certain Versions were modded by the factory and the parts became redundant.

There are several values of certain components in the M and MS line that vary per the amp, even when compared to another identical MS amp. For vagueness i will call these stability components. The triple T Darlington design just like any other high bandwidth amp design can have serious high bandwidth stability issues if not engineered properly :)

I can't post details that do not belong to me so your just gonna have to trust me on this. I made a promise to be a good boy :)
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

GX3 wrote:I hope i am not the only one :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

no your not the only one I just kept digging and asking until I was taught and figured out what I was seeing was correct and not some illusion :wink: :D