Sneak Peek

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Wow... what a relief. This is very encouraging progress! That is starting to look and sound like the kind of amp I would really want to put in my car. It is a traditional, simple, yet modern and beautiful looking piece of engineering. Please don't cheap out on the finish! I want to see brushed metal. The Roadster 66 finish was absolutely perfect in that department. Come to think of it, I see a lot of the Roadster in the design of this amp! Exactly what I wanted :shock:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

deathcloud wrote:IF they have the bottom of the amp see thru aka plexi like in that 2nd pic, omfg that would be sooo sexy. Showing off the wonderful internal of the amp. I love that. It is so different but sexy.
Hmmm... what if the logo area of the amp was available in plexi, a-la ZPA series? :shock:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

........... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I like the looks and the direction.

I don't think we're "complaining" about a 10K amp....... We'd just like to hear that more time/$$$ is going into the other goodies more of us will be likely to purchase.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
jay00f4

Post by jay00f4 »

Wow thanks for the pics Morgan

Jason
AAMP of America
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

True it is almost like coming out with a 10kw amp is just to grab attention from people "WOAH PHOENIX GOLD 10KW AMP? WTFZOMFG!" and is probably only going to be for competition people that need that much. But hey get the name out do whatever it takes to make this the stable of car audio again. I never would of heard about this company if it wasn't for hearsay from other people saying how well this stuff is. Not really advertised. almost like underground.... maybe thats what needs to happen is that they need to make this company more mainstream and public. Selling to high volume retailers. I guarentee if that happened people wouldn't buy a 1000 watt rockford amp but would buy the phoenix gold amp that is 1000 watt for 200 bucks..... But not to cause a detour in this thread. Honestly I am just going to not put my two cents in and just sit back and relax and enjoy the show.
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

jay00f4 wrote:Wow thanks for the pics Morgan

Jason
AAMP of America
UH OHHHHHHHHHHHH
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I think they should do it like they did in the old days and rate it at 24 watts by 2.............

Big amps with big power written all over the top are just too boring. MAke something underated as hell, with a big grin and a wink.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

ttocs wrote:I think they should do it like they did in the old days and rate it at 24 watts by 2.............

Big amps with big power written all over the top are just too boring. MAke something underated as hell, with a big grin and a wink.
I second that.

CEA ratings are good and all by why play in with the rest when you can.....well you know what I am saying. I always found a bit of joy in saying my 50W amp is more than enough for me.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
kg1961
Got wood?

fast

Post by kg1961 »

one thing i would like to say is audio control send me info every 3 months new cool promos and i have only bought 3 item in the last 5 years
maybe a good easy idea
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'll 3rd that........
I like my M series..............
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

this is very interesting
just as everyone above said, underrated amps with lots of headroom, just as old PG was

that 4 channel seems to be quite big ....
more, more ......
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Guys,

This is awesome feeback, we really appreciate it.

Let me try answer some of the questions:

- No, we are not reintroducing the cyclone, unless you want to pay for the tooling and know where we can sell lots of them. ;)

- Fit n' Finish of the amplifiers is just as important as the electrical internals. Cosmetically we are focusing on a clean but robust look.

- Roadster66 is an awesome amp and the current limited edition. We do plan on carrying on the tradition of limited edition amplifiers for sure. Open to your ideas here.

- Power ratings will be realistic in terms of the amplifier's output. No crazy high or low numbers. The amplifiers will have excellent headroom.

I will be posting updates weekly for your feedback.

Keep the feedback coming...
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
bruther

Post by bruther »

I agree on the LE......But they need to truly be limited.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Redemption! :thumleft:
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Also morgan I think PG should go back to producing amps that were say 4, 2, AND 1 ohms stereo stable and @ least 4 and 2 ohm BRIDGED stable I think that for 2 reasons joe blow next door couldnt really blow the amps with overloading them but 2nd that usually makes the amps more......jus stable LOL quality wise but also in the same token consumers can get more bang for their buck cause they'll get more or what most want out of an amp WATTAGE!!!!! LOL
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

If you want to keep Joe Blow from blowing up his amp, solder a circuit breaker on the power input of the amps board, rated for the fuse rating of the amp. All the people I know of locally kill their amps by either not using a fuse or too big of a fuse and then beating the hell out of the amp.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Eric D wrote:If you want to keep Joe Blow from blowing up his amp, solder a circuit breaker on the power input of the amps board, rated for the fuse rating of the amp. All the people I know of locally kill their amps by either not using a fuse or too big of a fuse and then beating the hell out of the amp.
To be honest it is those customers that keep alot of retailers in business. Without that guy blowing up his amp and either having it installed by a professional or learning from their mistake most independant dealers would have no walk in business.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

AAMP217 wrote:To be honest it is those customers that keep alot of retailers in business. Without that guy blowing up his amp and either having it installed by a professional or learning from their mistake most independant dealers would have no walk in business.
That's quite an interesting perspective... so the dealers actually request that you make things more breakable, to keep people coming back to the store?

Still, having fuses on an amp seems like a no-brainer, even if it's just cheap blade fuses. It's not like you'd be the only brand doing it either. Hmm...
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

stipud wrote:
AAMP217 wrote:To be honest it is those customers that keep alot of retailers in business. Without that guy blowing up his amp and either having it installed by a professional or learning from their mistake most independant dealers would have no walk in business.
That's quite an interesting perspective... so the dealers actually request that you make things more breakable, to keep people coming back to the store?

Still, having fuses on an amp seems like a no-brainer, even if it's just cheap blade fuses. It's not like you'd be the only brand doing it either. Hmm...
We certainly strive to make a rock solid product and we will have fuses in most amplifiers, i don't think any manufacturer can stray away from that. I don't want it to be more breakable but having a circuit breaker in the amp would allow an untrainined person to continously short and an amplifiers leads until it burned up the breaker or the wire or the car (whichever is the weakest link). So please don't take what I said out of context I want to sell product to dealers that are trained to install the product properly or have them sell it to customers that have the knowledge to work on their own cars.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That makes more sense, thanks.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

If a circuit breaker was installed inside the amp, I and then b would make it non user serviceable. Let the dealer reset it and then bitch the customer out for abusing their amp.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Eric D wrote:If a circuit breaker was installed inside the amp, I and then b would make it non user serviceable. Let the dealer reset it and then bitch the customer out for abusing their amp.
I see your point but it would turn into customers ripping amps apart to "fix" the circuit breaker inside and the independant retailer would suffer the wrath of the upset customer becuase the amplifier was "defective". You gentlemen are a group that knows the value of quality products, accessories and installation however this is not always the way of the wold.
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

ok. I really like the idea of the materials. The materials are what will make or break this, because it needs to feel like it's "worth it". Software never does.... hardware most definitely should.

Bret
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Well, if the amp does not have a fuse or circuit breaker and the customer abuses it then the power supply blows up, would that not be see as "defective"?

I am sure you guys could source some nice circuit breakers with a plastic sheeting around the element so when it blows it lets out a lot of stinking smoke just like the customer gets from every other amp they abuse.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Eric D wrote:Well, if the amp does not have a fuse or circuit breaker and the customer abuses it then the power supply blows up, would that not be see as "defective"?

I sorry if I am not making myself clear, all amplifiers will have external fusing as they currently do. I just wanted to give my input on the internal circuit breaker topic and why I felt that it is not a good idea.

I am sure you guys could source some nice circuit breakers with a plastic sheeting around the element so when it blows it lets out a lot of stinking smoke just like the customer gets from every other amp they abuse.

We will probably continue to sell these
ImageImage