Product Suggestions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
CarAudioGuru

Post by CarAudioGuru »

There was under 200 of FAS. We just ran out of MQ430 boards. That is the real reason we didn't make anymore :)

PRODUCT to build???

Make a series of amps that are small (Philips chip set is really cool by the way). But make the power ratios correct (where as ARC didn't!!)

Like a 4 X 100 , 1 X 500 4 ohms and 750 2 ohms -5 channel amp
3 channel that is 2 X 100, 1 X 500 4 ohms and 750 2 ohms

Add a 2 X 100 a 4 X 150 and a 1000 watt 2 ohm mono block -DONE!

Make it so any of this series can add the DSP front end as a optional module.

Model the module after the BitOne and add the input stage of the Audio Control LOC8 to it. Also make this DSP module as a stand alone piece also (like BitOne)

Then build a series of entry level (TIIP35/36 outputs stuff) with the Class G/H power supply design. But cool looking stuff.

And of course build a killer sounding speaker line (modeled in a car with off axis in mind)

And JL type woofers, just cheaper :)

Slim woofers too :)
Larry Frederick
"Original PG Guy"
spiritofnorway

Post by spiritofnorway »

CarAudioGuru wrote:There was under 200 of FAS. We just ran out of MQ430 boards. That is the real reason we didn't make anymore :)

PRODUCT to build???

Make a series of amps that are small (Philips chip set is really cool by the way). But make the power ratios correct (where as ARC didn't!!)

Like a 4 X 100 , 1 X 500 4 ohms and 750 2 ohms -5 channel amp
3 channel that is 2 X 100, 1 X 500 4 ohms and 750 2 ohms

Add a 2 X 100 a 4 X 150 and a 1000 watt 2 ohm mono block -DONE!

Make it so any of this series can add the DSP front end as a optional module.

Model the module after the BitOne and add the input stage of the Audio Control LOC8 to it. Also make this DSP module as a stand alone piece also (like BitOne)

Then build a series of entry level (TIIP35/36 outputs stuff) with the Class G/H power supply design. But cool looking stuff.

And of course build a killer sounding speaker line (modeled in a car with off axis in mind)

And JL type woofers, just cheaper :)

Slim woofers too :)
less than 200FAS :pale: sure
My instalation.
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19833

Buyer & Seller Ratings
http://phoenixphorum.com/spiritofnorway-vt10627.html
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Slim 6.5s part of a component set!

They are incredibly hard to find and seem to be popular in some imports and GM trucks. Like 2" Top clearance.

Thanks!!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Slims just dont have the low end or output as the regular speakers. Im just going on what Ive read online and in mags, so take this with a grain of salt. If anyone online here has a shallow mount set that kicks ass....do tell.
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Depends on what your definition of "shallow" or "slim" is/are. :)

Exile has some pretty kickin' components that are pretty shallow. ;)
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Ive heard the exiles are good but not awesome :D
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
denim

Post by denim »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Ive heard the exiles are good but not awesome :D
I hope PG will be full of awesome soon. :)
spiritofnorway

Post by spiritofnorway »

:arrow: :arrow: Perhaps a new generation of Cyclone :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My instalation.
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19833

Buyer & Seller Ratings
http://phoenixphorum.com/spiritofnorway-vt10627.html
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

I remember the first time I ever saw/heard a cyclone... I couldnt figure out what the hell was happening... music was playing and air was moving but no subs were anywhere to be seen... it must have been 91 or 92-ish? give or take a year or two (damn I feel old)

I would LOVE to see something like the Cyclone come back. All these 10 gazillion-watt subs with huge thick pulpy cones and chrome baskets... screw that.

pure sexy sound and completely unconventional looks... LOVE IT!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

x3 on cyclone. one of those products that really got car audio excited...
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Slims just dont have the low end or output as the regular speakers. Im just going on what Ive read online and in mags, so take this with a grain of salt. If anyone online here has a shallow mount set that kicks ass....do tell.
MTX Thunder Axe components. Neo magnet makes the 6.5" only a couple inches deep & has lots of low end. Very impressed with my set.
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

How about a set of 8" midbass/small subs Not talking about anything with a gigantor sized magnet (No Elemental Designs "Big 8") How about something with about the same physical size constraints as a tantrum 8.

Or how about a reasonable 15. Again, I don't know many people that have bought a GIGANTOR sized 15.... but know lots of people that have moderate 15's.

I realize its not going to be a huge priority, and thats fine. Seriously... build the 10's and 12's first.... Build the 5.25's and the 6.5's..... THEN come back and build an 8 and a 15.

Also, I'd also like to see a refurbing/recapping option. Even if its slower or has a reasonable waiting list. I don't know how profitable it'd be, but it would sure help keep some of the old loyal fans around. Give each amp a "Rebirth" Sheet when they go out the door again too.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

vladthebad wrote:How about a set of 8" midbass/small subs Not talking about anything with a gigantor sized magnet (No Elemental Designs "Big 8") How about something with about the same physical size constraints as a tantrum 8.

Or how about a reasonable 15. Again, I don't know many people that have bought a GIGANTOR sized 15.... but know lots of people that have moderate 15's.

I realize its not going to be a huge priority, and thats fine. Seriously... build the 10's and 12's first.... Build the 5.25's and the 6.5's..... THEN come back and build an 8 and a 15.

Also, I'd also like to see a refurbing/recapping option. Even if its slower or has a reasonable waiting list. I don't know how profitable it'd be, but it would sure help keep some of the old loyal fans around. Give each amp a "Rebirth" Sheet when they go out the door again too.
What rock did you crawl out from under!

Man, you know we missed you! Welcome back!
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

I am sure this has been discussed but I am to lazy to real all the threads!

BUT if you do any retro rebirths PLEASE redo the M series. Those amplifers in my opinion were the cream of the crop of Phoenix Gold (I liked the other 90's PG amps too) but these were my all time favorite to install and listen too.

Kinda like what Soundstream did with the Blue Bricks of Love (reference series) and Fosgate with the Punch 45, 75, 150 ect ect.

Glad to see Phoenix Gold getting back on track again!
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Looks like PPI is trying to make a comeback at CES this year too.
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

Audiophiliac wrote:Looks like PPI is trying to make a comeback at CES this year too.
info pics are they doing the art series again...
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
KHPower
Location: In the Phoenix Phorum's boiler room , east of the janitors closet

Post by KHPower »

Do what FI does with the 15" subwoofer line. Make it almost a custom order and fully configurable.

make a TI 15' available in multiple ,even quad configurations and make it handle 4000 watts rms all day long. Give the competition amp something to beat up
[color=#8040BF]Kenwood 993
Team Sundown:4500D
(2) Digital Designs 9500's
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
Team Kinetik: HC3800 ,(2),1200s (2) 600's
Factory Authorized Kinetik ,Sundown,MB Quart Dealer[/color]
reaper68

Post by reaper68 »

Build the darn TI elites subs again and source components from morel again. tooling for a 15 or 18" version of the TI Elites would be awesome. Start making the "mo bass" assemblies for the elites again. Do any of these things and I would dump 10 grand on amps and subs. As long as I can't buy your amps from 50 different companies as it seems that's the MO for every company now. How about a another anniversary model MS :)
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

reaper68 wrote:Build the darn TI elites subs again and source components from morel again. tooling for a 15 or 18" version of the TI Elites would be awesome. Start making the "mo bass" assemblies for the elites again. Do any of these things and I would dump 10 grand on amps and subs. As long as I can't buy your amps from 50 different companies as it seems that's the MO for every company now. How about a another anniversary model MS :)
or a M anniversary
2020 honda accord sport
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Re: item

Post by Rold Gold »

kg1961 wrote:
or a M anniversary

Don't even try to get me all excited about this........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

what if they did it with older oem colors of your choice
pink blue black ect OMG that would be great and color match item like franked v2 ax,base cube, power cap, ect or coures for a fee but very cool for all of us
and other that have not seen heard or missed the old pg
2020 honda accord sport
reaper68

Post by reaper68 »

Talk to Tom Danley and make the cyclone like his prototype :) Not that
I don't like mine although it does need a rebuild
money-b

Post by money-b »

a new cool dd10 or dd5...everyone wants these and they are so hard to find!
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

money-b wrote:a new cool dd10 or dd5...everyone wants these and they are so hard to find!
too true... need me a DD5... if those came back that would be a happy day!
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Please don't make any new dd5/10's it will just drive down the value of mine lol.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.